Jump to content
IGNORED

Are there any homosexuals on Tour?


Note: This thread is 3066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

I agree with the logic of your post, and can see the viewpoint that all angles ought to be allowed in a debate. FWIW, I also agree with characterization of people who use the arguments identified above as moronic. And I also believe (as I hope we all do!) that if these same arguments are applied to any other segment of the population,(blacks,women,etc) they would be universally rejected as utterly ignorant and/or idiotic/moronic. Which of course, they would be. "I'm against ((race,gender)) because the bible or 'nature' says so" ... Preposterous. Not acceptable in civilized society. Just my opinion, which may be disputed, I suppose.

Some may think it is "peposterous" or "unacceptable" in todays society to be against (calling them morons) people who believe in the bible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to start a thread asking "Are there any homosexuals on the Sandtrap?"...

Is it wrong that I am only interested in the lesbian side of this question....

Riddle me this Batman............ How is using your reproductive organs in a manner that doesn't lead to procreation natural? If all the world were homosexuals/lesbians how would we NATURALLY c

Nothing more, nothing less. Similar to how one who golfs is a golfer, and one who is prone to saying moronic things is a moron.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by sofingaw

If you mean characterizing them as gay people, which they are, then yes.


I only ask because although I haven't asked all of them, i'd bet the house that 99% of gay people wouldn't say it's a lifestyle choice. They'd say they were born that way which in their eyes falls firmly in the realm of nature. Is that argument valid for gays or does it make them morons?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I meant (and said) was that if anyone argued that homosexuality was NOT natural, that would be a moronic argument. The laws and allowances of the natural world (see, science) are absolute as I understand them. To argue against them is what would make a moron, IMO. I (think?) we agree. Hope I have been clear enough. Sometimes I ramble and get confusing.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Certainly not trying to call anyone a moron who is not. Morons come in all shapes,sizes,colors, and sexual orientations, etc.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some may think it is "peposterous" or "unacceptable" in todays society to be against (calling them morons) people who believe in the bible.

Yes, you are correct, some do think so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is it wrong that I am only interested in the lesbian side of this question....

Hmmm.. might not be wrong, but it could be "moronic".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by sofingaw

What I meant (and said) was that if anyone argued that homosexuality was NOT natural, that would be a moronic argument. The laws and allowances of the natural world (see, science) are absolute as I understand them. To argue against them is what would make a moron, IMO.

I (think?) we agree. Hope I have been clear enough. Sometimes I ramble and get confusing.


But a gay person citing nature as the reason they are gay is not moronic? I'm just saying that if the nature argument is not acceptable from one side it should not be acceptable from any side.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Is it wrong that I am only interested in the lesbian side of this question....

Hmmm.. might not be wrong, but it could be "moronic".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is it wrong that I am only interested in the lesbian side of this question....

I'll go out on a limb and say that there are no lesbians on the PGA Tour. Maybe the LPGA Tour...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But a gay person citing nature as the reason they are gay is not moronic? I'm just saying that if the nature argument is not acceptable from one side it should not be acceptable from any side.

LOL, very well played.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Is it wrong that I am only interested in the lesbian side of this question....

I'll go out on a limb and say that there are no lesbians on the PGA Tour.

Maybe the LPGA Tour...


he did not say which tour we were talking about..... any senior tour gay guys here today? We all know there are lesbians on the lpga...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL, very well played.

No. Here's an example: Gravity, a natural law. It works one way, and not the other. It pulls in a particular direction. Not more than one. To deny the way it works is moronic. Another, perhaps more apt example: Ball flight laws! (Which are governed by laws of physics, which are natural laws and include gravity, for one) A ball may either go left, or right. Lets call these ball flights, instead of hook and slice, just for example....something arbitrary... I dpnt know, how about.... 'Gay' and 'Straight' balls! So, a set of circumstances in nature create the potential for the 'birth' of a shot, gay or straight, based on the particulars of those circumstances. Club face angle, gender, clubhead path, hormones, etc. A shot is born! Is it gay or straight? Who knows right away? Not I. But once it matures, it is evident to all how that shot will be. Also evident to all except for morons, should be that no shot, or person, can be born straight or gay, hook or slice, without being allowed such by natural conditions, or 'nature'. To suggest that hooks come from the devil or slices are black magic, ignores the natural laws that created that shot, and is moronic. If its only gays (or hookers of the ball) that understand ball flight laws, that doesn't make their argument and reasoning invalid. Just misunderstood by those who don't (or choose to ignore it.) THOSE people, I would call morons. Your argument is that nature cannot be used to explain either straightness or gayness. That's wrong, since it clearly explains BOTH.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Finally got a birdie on the index 1 on my home course, its my first ever and it came because of a mishit 9 iron, it's a 440 yard par 4 with a narrow dogleg at about the 220 yard from the tee mark. I had a good drive and left myself 150 yards out but I fatted a 9 iron about 90 yards. I hit a 56 degree wedge perfectly from 60 yards and it took two hops and fell straight in for my first ever hole out from any further than a nGIR distance. Delighted with the shot in what was a poor round
    • I'm getting a little leery of these pros where it looks like they downed three bottles of 5 hour energy before the record button is tapped.
    • I didn’t watch the video, but the thumbnail screenshot has him in position to hit a big block with that right elbow stuck behind him.
    • My home course closes its range for maintenance Monday mornings or Tuesday if a holiday falls on the Monday. The sign indicates they re-open by 1 p.m.  That makes sense for them. It's always a busy course, but evening leagues are really big business.  Closing at 3 p.m. seems a bit odd to me, but if that suits the course's clientele, that's what they'll do. I hate mats.  We usually get stuck with the damn things after October. It is a much better thing that the course close the range for a brief period of time once a week and keep the turf up to snuff.    
    • Replace the grip if you want, but a new putter won't matter (unless it makes you practice more).  There's some great putting and short game drills in chapter 9 of Every Shot Counts by Mark Broadie. His drills are also games, with scoring that measures objective skill level.   Also recommend The Putting Bible by Dave Pelz. 
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. ercxi
      ercxi
      (33 years old)
    2. Garea51
      Garea51
      (70 years old)
    3. iamwardicus
      iamwardicus
      (37 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...