IGNORED

Blue Monster getting a face lift

Note: This thread is 4056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My step-dad played there a few years ago, he seems surprised by not necessarily angry about this. I kinda like it, Trump said he was wanting it to live up to its name as the "Blue Monster," and it's about time courses got more difficult, in my opinion.

WITB 

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, 9*, Fubuki ZT X-Stiff Shaft

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 15*, Aldila NV X-Stiff Shaft

5 Wood: Taylormade Burner Superfast 18*, Aldila NV X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: Callaway Apex Pro, 4-PW, TT XP 95 S300 Shafts

Wedges: Tour Edge TGS 52* and 56*, Taylormade Z-Spin 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #9

I've heard Gil Hanse is a cock.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's classic Dick Wilson. I love his courses, and this is a gem. I am sad to see it get bulldozed. I enjoyed it beating me up several times. i realize that tour pros were killing it, but it is tough plus for an amateur. And fair and fun.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Stretch

I've heard Gil Hanse is a cock.

Thanks Luke.*

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2012/9/1/move-over-phil-and-rees-luke-donald-calls-gil-hanse-a.html

http://www.weiunderpar.com/post/luke-donald-mans-up-and-apologizes-for-accidental-tweet-calling-gil-hanse-a-bad-word

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am all for making it a tougher course. I do not know what exactly is going to be changed, but from what I heard over the weekend it does not seem to drastic. I like the idea of having water in play for a few holes. Extending teh first hole is fine and bring water in play next to the green should make the first hole tougher and not an "easy" birdie. Making the 15th an island green is a big change and not sure I like it. The changes around 9 and 10 is fine with me, but I do not think 10 needs to be over wter so much. They are not changing the 18 which is good. And adding elevation in the rough to make is better to view the players is a nice idea. Plus, if could eliminate the bail out areas forcing players to try and hit the fairways by hitting a more accurate drive or laying up.

Just my thoughts but I would love to see the new layout to see all the changes.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Note: This thread is 4056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!