IGNORED

TaylorMade Lethal Replacement

Note: This thread is 3167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why not the Wilson Staff FG or FG Tour. Great balls for the money if you can live without feeling you have to have the "it" brands. If you really want to save try the Wilson Duo.

Geez these balls are garbage for someone who has a swing speed over 100. I'm pretty sure if you are expecting tourish performance you would be disappointed with those marshmallows.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any idea what TaylorMade ball replaced the Lethal? Is the Tour Preferred a 5 piece ball?

They are still selling the Lethals on their site so if you really liked that ball you can keep playing it.  You can buy 144 new golf balls for $280 or 50 golf balls for $100, works out to $2 per ball which is a great price compared to Pro V's.

Joe Paradiso

They are still selling the Lethals on their site so if you really liked that ball you can keep playing it.  You can buy 144 new golf balls for $280 or 50 golf balls for $100, works out to $2 per ball which is a great price compared to Pro V's.

Even better than that, we have a TaylorMade outlet store here in MB that sells the Lethal 50 pack for $80. I've been playing them all week.

Even better than that, we have a TaylorMade outlet store here in MB that sells the Lethal 50 pack for $80. I've been playing them all week.

That is even better, glad you found them.

Joe Paradiso

Really, so your saying that the Aeroburner Pro has been out for 2 years?

I've never heard of Aeroburner Pro, but it's not their tour ball. The conversation was pretty much constrained to the TM tour ball line: Penta, Lethal, and their successors. I would say that was obvious, but that would be kinda snarky--and it may have been obvious only to me. Your response did not spare the snark, though.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I've never heard of Aeroburner Pro, but it's not their tour ball.

The conversation was pretty much constrained to the TM tour ball line: Penta, Lethal, and their successors. I would say that was obvious, but that would be kinda snarky--and it may have been obvious only to me.

Your response did not spare the snark, though.

Taylormade and Callaway tend to release a lower-end / cheap ball every year branded after their big iron / wood lineup, like a Burner, Rocketballz, X2 Hot, Diablo, etc.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

OK, I'm 64 years old and have had three back surgeries, consequently I have a slow swing speed but I'm still good around the green. I am also cheap! I refuse to pay $35 to $40 for a dozen balls. Which ball do you guys recommend for me? And yes I buy at Rockbottoms, GolfBalls.com, etc.

OK, I'm 64 years old and have had three back surgeries, consequently I have a slow swing speed but I'm still good around the green. I am also cheap! I refuse to pay $35 to $40 for a dozen balls. Which ball do you guys recommend for me? And yes I buy at Rockbottoms, GolfBalls.com, etc.

Bridgestone e5 sounds like it's right up your alley. But there's a billion threads more specific to your question.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Try the Callaway SuperSoft - $21/dozen, Titleist DT Solo - $19, Top Flite Gamer Tour -$24 (2 for $35 deal at Dick's)

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!