IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

The PVC thing should cost you about $10 to make two or three. Can easily get two from a single length of tube.

Thanks!

Oh, I did shank some but it was a different kind of shank. The one where you’re too in to out. I used a box which got me to rotate and get the arms to turn the corner (but over the stick). 

So we basically worked on Key #4 right? I feel much more confident going ahead and self assessing from what you gave me. So much thanks. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit a lot of solid shots last range session. Still not comfortable with setup, face more open and trying to be less twitchy, but the swing is feeling more natural, more free flowing.

16 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Hit a lot of solid shots last range session. Still not comfortable with setup, face more open and trying to be less twitchy, but the swing is feeling more natural, more free flowing.

It is looking good too. It takes a while to change that part of the swing. I was rolling my wrist through impact and Stephan and Erik had me work on partial finish shots holding the wrists from rolling (similar to what you are doing). It took a while to get, and sometimes I revert on the course, but now I know how to read the ball flight and correct.

• Upvote 1

Videoing swing on course more. Still figuring out camera placement, not as easy placing it as at range. The out to in swing still occurs but with less frequency. On the course I hinge way more than I do at the range at 4, and tend to shift the hands out, get the club too in front of me than behind me. Right now using alignment sticks taped together and smartphone mount taped to sticks.  Need a more stable holder and to get better at camera placement. Driver is good but irons are still heel bound. Hate the way the swing looks but what can I do, staying focused on the one main piece.

• Administrator
On 9/30/2019 at 2:29 PM, nevets88 said:

Comfort will come, of course, and be sure you're not overdoing anything. But this doesn't require obsession, just a check now and then.

42 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Videoing swing on course more. Still figuring out camera placement, not as easy placing it as at range. The out to in swing still occurs but with less frequency. On the course I hinge way more than I do at the range at 4, and tend to shift the hands out, get the club too in front of me than behind me. Right now using alignment sticks taped together and smartphone mount taped to sticks.  Need a more stable holder and to get better at camera placement. Driver is good but irons are still heel bound. Hate the way the swing looks but what can I do, staying focused on the one main piece.

01.jpg

Path is much better. Remember too it's not just about lifting the shaft over the stick in front of you, it's about letting the hands go out and up a bit too. And that you don't have to stop the finish where you did here - go ahead and pivot and finish where you naturally want to finish. If that's there, fine, but if it's being stopped on purpose… just go farther. Stop where you want.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Videoing swing on course more. Still figuring out camera placement, not as easy placing it as at range.

Use your club or an alignment stick on your toe line and set up to that. The camera can be closer than you think it does because distance is harder to judge with less reference points out in the open.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Trying to go around more. Another good practice session, getting used to the new feels, most shots solid.

Balance is off at the end, but well past impact.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
On 10/4/2019 at 2:10 PM, nevets88 said:

Balance is off at the end, but well past impact

Where?

57 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Getting around a little less awkwardly.

Looking better.

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Where?

Looking better.

Thanks! I cut the video short but “fell” forward. Kind of like an awkward drunk Gary Player. 

Here are driver swings. Maybe I’m jinxing myself but the swing feels the best it has in a long long time. I’m actually catching some towards the toe.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Thanks! I cut the video short but “fell” forward. Kind of like an awkward drunk Gary Player. 

Here are driver swings. Maybe I’m jinxing myself but the swing feels the best it has in a long long time. I’m actually catching some towards the toe.

It’s great Steve! How has it been in the course?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It’s great Steve! How has it been in the course?

Mixed so far, but curving the ball left  more, which is good. And instead of playing better in the beginning and getting worse, it’s the opposite, I think that’s a good sign.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't recognize myself, I'm actually starting to hit fairways. That high right shoulder is ugly and I do it on the course, but got rid of it in recent range sessions. Will work that out. Had no idea where this went at the time, the Sun was blinding, that's one benefit of "Let's go to the videotape!"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

The high right shoulder is mostly after the ball, late into follow through.

Good work. Good swing(s) you're making lately.

KISS. Check on a few checkpoints in your setup, and monitor a thing or two in your swing, including just hitting it solidly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Feeling more free, less wary of shanks, and hitting more on the toe(!), a problem I am very happy to have. This is the best the swing has felt in a long long time. Wish the season were starting. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1