• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Copa

Getting Back into Golf Set

9 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Brand new to the site/forum, and I'm hoping for some help...looking to find a decent set of clubs so I can get back into playing with my father in law...I was an avid golfer many years ago, but never really invested in a quality set...I've been away from the game long enough to have no idea what's worth buying, what I can expect to pay, etc...can $300 buy me everything, or am I way off? I appreciate any info and guidance you can provide! Please note, I'm looking for LEFT handed clubs. Thanks so much!

Copa, welcome to TST!  For $300, you could get a quality iron set, slightly used on Ebay.  If you wanted a turnkey set for $300... Well the quality will be sacrificed.

If you are looking for a retailer who has deep golf discounts... Checkout: http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/

Let us know what you end up getting.  Hope you enjoy playing again!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've done some looking around today, and I can tell I'm going to have to pay a bit more if I want to have a nice, complete set...any suggestions on best buys for the price??

I'm looking at starting with a set of Taylor Made Burner Plus irons...thoughts? Beyond that, is it possible to find a quality driver at or under $100? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Copa

I've done some looking around today, and I can tell I'm going to have to pay a bit more if I want to have a nice, complete set...any suggestions on best buys for the price??

I'm looking at starting with a set of Taylor Made Burner Plus irons...thoughts? Beyond that, is it possible to find a quality driver at or under $100? Thanks!

What is your idea of quality?  I have a Callaway FTiQ which was a top of the line driver in 2009 or 2010.  I picked it up for cheap with a sky mark.  I filled in the paint on the sky mark but its pretty easy to spot where I filled it in.

It is left handed.  I also have a ping G10 5W that I could throw in as well.

I would sell them both to you for $80 plus shipping.  They both have stiff flex shafts.  I have the Callaway head cover, but no HC for the 5w.

Rockbottom or 3balls.com pretty good source of new or used quality oem clubs at decent prices

Buy a set of used Cobra irons off ebay

3100, fp, ssi

Ie there is a set of 3100 atm for $65.

All these supercede models were awesome.

Similarly a s2 or s3 driver can be had cheap.

Get a hybrid and putter you love and your good to go.

Check out global golf. 3balls. And callaway pre owned. All offer free shipping if u spend over 99 at 3balls. $199 at global golf. I find global golf to havr a wider selection of irons hybrids and wedges. I would say around $500 you could have a very solid set. Irons wedges driver and hybrid.

A great set of irons for around 130 - 150 is the Adams a7 set. It comes with 3 and 4 hybrids too. Very nice set for a great price. As for a driver if you are near one the pga superstores have a nice selection of used clubs .I picked up a Adams fast 12 with a ust shaft for 70 bucks.