IGNORED

Get your FREE Torc Swingtrainer!!! *Limited Time Offer*

Torc Golf
Note: This thread is 3975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got mine last week and took it to the range yesterday.  My first impression, when taking practice swings with the swing trainer at the head end of the shaft, was that it felt heavier than I thought that it would and that it reminded me of my days playing baseball and softball with the metal donut on the bat.  I felt like I got warmed up quicker than without it and when I took it off I hit balls with a definitely higher swing speed.    I started with my wedges as I normally do, and stopped and started to take the Torc product on and off and after a few practice swings with each club my swing felt more fluid when hitting the ball.  I usually hit my driver pretty well and felt more able to really give it a rip when I wanted to.  I felt so good using it I found myself running out of range balls without the fatigue that I often feel toward the end of a range session, so I went back and got another 60 balls (after my first 110).  Putting the product at the grip end helped in releasing the clubhead through the ball.  I didn't give it much time with it in the middle of the club, so I'll check that out next time at the range.  All in all a terrific experience with a pretty cool product.  Thanks again for sending it to me.

• Upvote 1

Thankfully had a good score today after that miserable 90 the other day - same day that I warmed up with the TORC. Don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but I won't use it on the same day that I play a round of golf.

Good small bag that attaches to the golf bag is well designed. Recommend flashier color (grey turd color, unattractive). Like the Youtube video instruction w/ Haney.

To be honest, will have to continue to use for quiet awhile to accurate provide a product review (either negative or positive). Thanks for sending them out to us to use in our games.

Haven't had the chance to use it yet but I won't tell you my first thought of what it looked like, lmao.

The little carry bag is a nice touch, though....I wasn't expecting it to come with any kind of "case" so thats a big bonus.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

got mine today, and posted my review!

this is an awesome product but would be even better if it were in color and was to be a bit heavier.

nonetheless, this will def help in speed, lag and muscle strengthening and will be excellent for beginners

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

(grey turd color, unattractive).

Grey turds?  I think that something's missing from your diet, Rick.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by NuclearMike

Grey turds?  I think that something's missing from your diet, Rick.

haha

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Well, paint will not add to the function and will only increase the price. I prefer battleship gray
  • Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

if you guys could only see the colors tests...  you WOULD prefer the tungsten grey for sure.  what we were able to do is do a few runs without the tungsten powder which obviously made them way lighter.  but they turned out great.  we donated a bunch to kid golf programs.  that worked out great.

i'll post some pics tomorrow...

Best regards,

Troy

Got to really test mine out over the last week.  Will get reviews up on Fb as well as here.

Jeff

Been on a hiatus last week and a half. Family in town so no time for practice but I'm getting back into it this week. I'll post a review and some pictures soon.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

If I can add a bit of a note to my review that's posted up... I've had the chance now to take it to the range several times. As a warm-up aid with the weight at the head, plane monitor of sorts at the balance point and a release trainer at the grip end, it works a treat. The problem is with having it on club while actually hitting balls. While mounted at the grip end it wasn't too bad but it did throw my 'feel and balance' off because of the weight. However, with the trainer at the bal point and at the head? Oh, man... I actually think it could be dangerous. the vibration and shaft wobble nearly caused me to let go of the club the first time I hit the ball with the trainer at the balance point. I double checked to make sure it WAS on the point AND that it was tightly mounted and tried again. To be honest I can't see how that feeling would be beneficial to anyone. Unfortunately, while on the head end, it was worse. Besides creating an insanely high center of gravity completely changing the flight of the ball, I felt extremely uncomfortable attempting another. I could hear the shaft going "wubwubwubwuwub" after ball contact. Not sure exactly what others have said about this issue, but it can't just be me. So from now on, I will use it mostly as a warm-up weight and only hit balls with it at the grip end to work on release, since I do have that problem often.

thanks for the reply rayg.  fyi, the Torc was never designed to use while hitting balls!  in fact, one of our disclaimers is that we do not recommend hitting with it on.  i'd like to reiterate this, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND HITTING BALLS WITH IT.

we do hear that users really like to hit with it on, we just kinda have to turn a blind eye ;)  the way i see it, USGA does not allow any apparatus to be attached while in play so you may not want to practice with it anyways.

Best regards,

Troy

thanks for the reply rayg.  fyi, the Torc was never designed to use while hitting balls!  in fact, one of our disclaimers is that we do not recommend hitting with it on.  i'd like to reiterate this, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND HITTING BALLS WITH IT. we do hear that users really like to hit with it on, we just kinda have to turn a blind eye ;)  the way i see it, USGA does not allow any apparatus to be attached while in play so you may not want to practice with it anyways.

I did read that others had done this, and I thought "How did they NOT feel like their club was going to snap?" But maybe that's a reason to put a little instruction sheet into the pouch? With big letters- "DON'T DO THAT" But otherwise, it's a unique tool that can work. Maybe putting it HIGHER on the grip itself might help that awkward feeling I got. A little closer to my hands ON the grip should be better. I'll give it ONE attempt next time to see. If not- then it's is purely a warmup/training device.

• 4 weeks later...

Get 20% off your purchase in the month of June!  Our Dad s and Grads promotion is going on now.  Just enter 5559ADD0 during check out to take advantage of this promo now!

Best regards,

Troy

Note: This thread is 3975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!