IGNORED

My Swing (Jakester23)

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 2570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Shot an 84 today on a course I've never played. Course rating 70.6/132. I hit the ball very well I'm still getting pulls but I haven't had time to go to the range and work on hitting pushes. We played after a bit of rain but it was a great day. I'm hitting my irons good with just a little fade. Id say I'm hitting pull fades with my driver 1 out of 3 drives. LWS has help my course management a ton. I had 2 par 5' s today where I hit my 4w for my second shot instead of laying back to 100 yards. I made birdie-par. I don't have a good idea of my shot zones for my longer clubs but it's helped me a lot form 150 and in.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

****ing awesome round bro!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

****ing awesome round bro!

No kidding. Nice going @Jakester23 ! Let's get you out to WCC soon before you get too good and kick my ass!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

So after the last few weeks of help from the best instructors on the planet I've been hitting the ball better than any point in my life. I was talking with one of my buddies about my scores and working on changing to hitting a draw. Well after discussing it with him I'm wondering if I should be trying to change from my fade I'm hitting now. So I guess I'd like Erik and/or Mike to be honest with me and tell me if it's in my best interest to change or keep working on getting better at hitting my pull fade.? I'm happy with the changes I've made and I have no problem changing if in the long run I'm going to be better off. I just don't want to change just to change. So what do ya think coaches?

I will be interested to see what they say.  You can get to single digits(which I think is your goal) with any shot pattern IMO as long as you match the path and face reasonably well, and use the first three keys to make clean contact.

Nate

So after the last few weeks of help from the best instructors on the planet I've been hitting the ball better than any point in my life. I was talking with one of my buddies about my scores and working on changing to hitting a draw. Well after discussing it with him I'm wondering if I should be trying to change from my fade I'm hitting now. So I guess I'd like Erik and/or Mike to be honest with me and tell me if it's in my best interest to change or keep working on getting better at hitting my pull fade.? I'm happy with the changes I've made and I have no problem changing if in the long run I'm going to be better off. I just don't want to change just to change. So what do ya think coaches?

Playing a slight fade is fine, we're not trying to instill a particular ball flight pattern on you. For long term improvement your A6/7 (and how you get there) has to change. That's basically what we're trying to do with fixing A2, getting the neck tilts better and having you feel like you "push" the ball to the right with the path.

Making those pieces better will improve contact and make the pattern (whatever it is) more predictable.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Playing a slight fade is fine, we're not trying to instill a particular ball flight pattern on you. For long term improvement your A6/7 (and how you get there) has to change. That's basically what we're trying to do with fixing A2, getting the neck tilts better and having you feel like you "push" the ball to the right with the path.

Making those pieces better will improve contact and make the pattern (whatever it is) more predictable.

Thats cool. Im going to go to the range tomorrow or Thursday to work on the push. I was thinking I should do small swings at first then go to full(or bigger swings) but do them at slow speeds.

You should do all the things you're doing now, continue to do them, and from the top, try to "push the ball with the path."

Is there a feel or drill I should do to get this feel? I'm going to the range after work and I don't want to be in graining the wrong feel.

Is there a feel or drill I should do to get this feel? I'm going to the range after work and I don't want to be in graining the wrong feel.

You can set up a club or alignment stick to "point" out to the right, just enough to give yourself a visual like this (video). The eyeline stuff will certainly help. But basically you just have to feel like you start the ball right of the target with your path.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

That is a good visual in that video that Mike posted.  Let me know if you have any troubles with this and we can hit the range next week and I will help you out.   You did some good work over the this month and I can follow up with you on it.

Nate

That is a good visual in that video that Mike posted.  Let me know if you have any troubles with this and we can hit the range next week and I will help you out.   You did some good work over the this month and I can follow up with you on it.

Thanks we will have to do that.

So I can't thanks Erik and Mike enough I really really really appreciate all the help both of you have given me this month.  I went to the range today trying to work on getting my path more pushy.  I don't know if these videos will work the lighting was horrible and it was on and off rain so I had to hit off the mats inside.  Ive never hit the ball this solid in my life.  I probably hit about 100 ball today and I fatted 2 or 3 and thinned about the same. The rest were really solid hits.  They didn't all go where they were suppose to but they were out of the middle of the club.  Thanks again guys I am very grateful.

• Administrator

Who's that guy on the right?

That's my favorite.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!