IGNORED

Big Break Mexico

LeviTee
Note: This thread is 3904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by unabowler

They kept showing Rob talking about how he's not a team guy, and he really seemed like a jerk.  But when his teammate Matthew blew a the strike challenge to give that team its third strike he sat Matt down, told him not to worry about it and said his career isn't going to be decided by one challenge.  He said that when he knew at most one of them would survive elimination day.  I think in the interview process they get everyone talking for a long time and choose interesting stuff to show even if it's not an accurate portrayal.

That's the case with every reality series.  Bottom line is the producers don't make this stuff up (at least not usually), Rob said these things on video so he has to own them.  Of course the producers do some creative editing so the contestants fit a certain role within the show, but more often than not, the contestants personalities make it easy for them to do so.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love Big Break, best show besides Golf on the Golf Channel. Jason: Wow, this guy loves to piss people off, plays very slow... Brent & Jay: these guys seem to stand apart from the crowd to me. Also, Tommy Gainey from BB season 1 is in contention for the Traveler's Cup, let's hope he does good!

Originally Posted by clutchshot

Also, Tommy Gainey from BB season 1 is in contention for the Traveler's Cup, let's hope he does good!

I hate watching that guy swing a club. Makes me hurt.

Jason whined a lot last night about not being included in team decisions but that was because he was only interested in protecting himself and not winning as a team.  The girls really stepped up their game, looks like we're going to see some good golf going forward.

Jason was probably the weakest and whiniest golfer left so I wasn't disappointed to see him leave.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Jason whined a lot last night about not being included in team decisions but that was because he was only interested in protecting himself and not winning as a team.  The girls really stepped up their game, looks like we're going to see some good golf going forward.

Yeah I have to agree. This is actually the first season I've watched, but it's been interesting so far. Brent is good man...real good.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Jason was probably the weakest and whiniest golfer left so I wasn't disappointed to see him leave.

Jason was lucky to survive elimination day.  Everybody that's still on the show except Chad seems pretty solid so it ought to be interesting from here on.

I love this show and most of the people that are on it. The only thing I kind of hoped for was to have 2 winners, (man and woman). I enjoy having both genders combined into one show, but I'd prefer if each gender had a winner. Does anyone else agree or am I by myself on this one? lol

Originally Posted by Clevelandgolf1

I love this show and most of the people that are on it. The only thing I kind of hoped for was to have 2 winners, (man and woman). I enjoy having both genders combined into one show, but I'd prefer if each gender had a winner. Does anyone else agree or am I by myself on this one? lol

They pulled this move at the end of Big Break: Dominican Republic. A female won the overall season, so she got all the prizes, the money, and the exemption into an LPGA event. But as a last second surprise, they awarded the top guy an exemption into a PGA Tour event -- and yea, he cried.

Constantine

Happy to see people getting eliminated. I'm sure Jason Seymour's probably a nice guy but he was painful to watch. I still can't get over how good looking the women are :)

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I really enjoy Big Break. Jason was on Big Break Academy last night. He was just as boring on there as he was on the actual show. Some neat swing tips came up that I plan to try my next outing to the range.

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

My big question is this: If a Tiger or a Phil was on the show, could they do these challenges in their sleep? (like the walls or glass break for example) Love the show. I just believe that pro Golfers are molded from years of practice as if it was their job (because it is)

Originally Posted by clutchshot

My big question is this: If a Tiger or a Phil was on the show, could they do these challenges in their sleep? (like the walls or glass break for example)

Love the show. I just believe that pro Golfers are molded from years of practice as if it was their job (because it is)

Yeah they'd probably make these guys look stupid. Haha.

Ryan M

I'd guess Phil and Bubba would probably do pretty well at all these challenges because they like to visualize shots and be creative.  I'd think Tiger, Donald and many others would struggle with the flop wall more because they wouldn't typically ever practice this type of shot.  The glass break would be easy for any pro, they have very good control over their trajectory and direction.

Joe Paradiso

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap...

Ryan M

Dude, hide that or just plain delete it. I'm sure not everyone saw that, don't ruin it for them.

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!