IGNORED

Big Break Mexico

LeviTee
Note: This thread is 3925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I probably won't even watch the finale now that it is the two people that really shouldn't be in the finale.  The only thing going for the finale is that Taylor is hot.

But hey...Brent made the most money on the show by winning all of those elimination challenges, so I'd say he ultimately wins the show.  And Tommy Gainey and Matt Every are proof you don't have to win to still make it on Tour, so we might see Brent or Jay on TV again someday.  Even though I still am not a believer in Jay...that was the only elimination round he ever went through and he got beat.

Fair enough. My only argument was that 1 match can't determine who's better, and it seems like you agree, so we're arguing over nothing. lol And thanks, because that's a pretty nasty insult. b2_tongue.gif I don't care who wins at this point, just wanna see some good golf.

In my opinion, the best player went home. I would agree that playing 4 holes hardly justifies the better golfer, Brent messed up one hole and had he been playing 18, would have most likely had time to fix it. I don't think anyone performed like Brent this season, he hit one bad shot, and boom... game over. Moving forward: beard man has been very consistent throughout the show, I would imagine he will win this thing. For everyone saying a 265 yard drive isn't enough distance to play on the tour... I would say that if you could hit fairways with it constantly, You'de be ok, most pros dont drive every hole anyways. Luke Donald averaged around 275 a couple years back and made world #1.

Taylor and Emily are hot, and not just golf hot. They would be hot no matter what they did. Are Stephanie and Liebelei just golf hot? I don't think they would get a double-take at the mall, on the beach, or at the gym, but I'm not totally sure.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Taylor and Emily are hot, and not just golf hot. They would be hot no matter what they did. Are Stephanie and Liebelei just golf hot? I don't think they would get a double-take at the mall, on the beach, or at the gym, but I'm not totally sure.

I think every single girl on the show this year was hot, yes double take hot.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

I think every single girl on the show this year was hot, yes double take hot.

Um yes..  shorts so short they show a tan line, and tight UnderArmour shirt/sports bra... yes.

Also really disappointed in Brent being booted, I know it's old news but I just watched the episode last night.  One could say he was the best golfer there, but would the best golfer there hit so many poor shots when he knew he was under the gun?  Maybe not.

Originally Posted by TJBam

Also really disappointed in Brent being booted, I know it's old news but I just watched the episode last night.  One could say he was the best golfer there, but would the best golfer there hit so many poor shots when he knew he was under the gun?  Maybe not.

Meh, you could argue it was really only the one bad shot that got him. He had no chance of making anything good from it.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Meh, you could argue it was really only the one bad shot that got him. He had no chance of making anything good from it.

I remember him hitting into trouble more than once, but it may have been stemmed from the same shot.

Just saying, when there is $ and the show on the line, seems like he would be able to step up.  But he is much better than myself of course and it is tough that he played so well and it came down to one dumb hole.

Like was mentioned before, Brent would've slaughtered her if they played a full 18 IMO.

Great episode last week.  I would have preferred to see Brent and Jay in the final.  I'd like to see a 9 hole match play decide the finalists when they get down to the final four.  Four holes still leaves too much to luck or the match being decided by one bad shot as happened to Brent.

Matt and Jay had a tough match but Jay was not prepared for the pressure and Matt was, that was the difference in my opinion.   Matt has a game that works at a local course or maybe even web.com setup but he's going to need more distance to have success on the PGA Tour.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Great episode last week.  I would have preferred to see Brent and Jay in the final.  I'd like to see a 9 hole match play decide the finalists when they get down to the final four.  Four holes still leaves too much to luck or the match being decided by one bad shot as happened to Brent.

Matt and Jay had a tough match but Jay was not prepared for the pressure and Matt was, that was the difference in my opinion.   Matt has a game that works at a local course or maybe even web.com setup but he's going to need more distance to have success on the PGA Tour.

Yeah, but not Driver distance. He'd be fine hitting it 260-270 middle of the fairway every time. Problem is, he'd never reach Par 5s in two on the PGA courses, and he'd always have more difficult shots since he'd be hitting hybrid or 5 iron where other guys can carry their 7 irons that far.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Yeah, but not Driver distance. He'd be fine hitting it 260-270 middle of the fairway every time. Problem is, he'd never reach Par 5s in two on the PGA courses, and he'd always have more difficult shots since he'd be hitting hybrid or 5 iron where other guys can carry their 7 irons that far.

I was speaking of distance in general, not just driver distance.   His lack of distance would hurt him on longer Par 3's like the ones at Merion too.

Joe Paradiso

I was speaking of distance in general, not just driver distance.   His lack of distance would hurt him on longer Par 3's like the ones at Merion too.

I know, I was just agreeing and specifying.

There are LPGA players with his distance.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by TJBam

I remember him hitting into trouble more than once, but it may have been stemmed from the same shot.

Just saying, when there is $ and the show on the line, seems like he would be able to step up.  But he is much better than myself of course and it is tough that he played so well and it came down to one dumb hole.

Like was mentioned before, Brent would've slaughtered her if they played a full 18 IMO.

Brent probably would have won with a full 18, as he only had one bad hole, a couple so-so holes, and one good hole.  I believe if they played full 18-hole, multiple day match play events, Brent and Jay would prove to be the best golfers.

However, it should be noted that you are correct, and Brent has hit into trouble several times, but has been saved by the open layout and the fact that they play more par 5 holes than anything else (seriously, is nobody else annoyed by the fact that they played a par 3, two par 5s and only one par 4 for the four hole matches?).  However, he typically finished all of those holes positively.  In this case, though, that bad hole was an incredibly bad hole.  While most people here for some reason become revisionist historians when it comes to Brent's game, he put it into perspective himself after he was eliminated...you just can't hit that bad of a shot from 90 yards...especially when you are as good as he is.

Matt and Jay had a tough match but Jay was not prepared for the pressure and Matt was, that was the difference in my opinion.

I believe I nearly called that (except I had Jay losing to Brent in the final due to Brent being battle-tested).  I think they were the best two players on the show (along with Stephanie), and I believe if all of the golfers played 3-4 18 hole rounds, those 2 (plus stephanie) would have come out on top.  But this is the format, and Brent got beat fair and square.  So did Jay, but I knew that tee shot on that last par 4 would determine the winner.  I may have hit iron off that tee.  Those trees equal death.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I found the last couple of three pages of postings interesting.   So I'll be brief.   The show is designed to entertain its audience and not to identify the "best golfer", whatever that is.  From the number of comments on this forum I'd have to believe that the show is successful in doing just that, entertaining its audience.  Anyway I enjoy watching it and would agree being a great golfer is an asset for wining Big Break but because of the sudden death aspects of the challenges it is not clear that the "best golfer" ever wins.  One bad shot at the wrong time and you're toast.  So I'll watch the final and see who wins.  While I suspect the odds are in favor of Matt I wouldn't count Taylor out.

Butch

I sent an email to golf channel suggesting big break wet t shirt contest.
  • Upvote 1

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

I sent an email to golf channel suggesting big break wet t shirt contest.

I'd bet they will follow up with this.  Most of the female contestants (that are smaller in stature) end up in a bikini or some pretty tight clothing at some point.  The last all-female cast had a photo shoot and nearly all of them went bikini.

Speaking of Big Break, I'm not sure if it was last season or the season before, but there was a really big guy (the appearance of a giant) from California on and I just saw him coming out of Whole Foods a few minutes ago.  Unfortunately he was too far away for me to ask to get a pic with him.

Anyway, I feel like my last post was unfair to Matt.  He's also proven to be one of the top contenders on the show.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!