IGNORED

Buddy Trip Etiquette - Who's Right ?

golfisme56
Note: This thread is 3958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by golfisme56

I am purposely not trying to identify myself yet - hopeful to get more responses based on info given.  It appears that Player A is not very popular with other golfers so far.

Why?  You have 10 responses that are pretty much all slight variations of the same theme - Player A is in the wrong here - so how many more do you need??

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by golfisme56

I am purposely not trying to identify myself yet - hopeful to get more responses based on info given.  It appears that Player A is not very popular with other golfers so far.

I'm going to take a guess here.  I think you are Player A and you are waiting for someone out of the 100 you are waiting for to agree with what you have done so you can justify your position to Player B.  If I am wrong then just forget everything I just typed.

I think we should add a voting poll to this thread as to which one are you.  Player A, Player B, or one of the innocent Player's C,D,E?

I vote player B. And player A is your friend who hooked up with your ex. (but he doesn't know that you know)

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

He's gotta be player A. He's waiting for someone to side with his rediculous mandate.

What the hell is wrong with 3 & 2? Put the twosome in front for pace and switch around the guys every 18 for a mix of characters.

Jeez!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Why?  You have 10 responses that are pretty much all slight variations of the same theme - Player A is in the wrong here - so how many more do you need??

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

I'm going to take a guess here.  I think you are Player A and you are waiting for someone out of the 100 you are waiting for to agree with what you have done so you can justify your position to Player B.

Originally Posted by jimmyc

He's gotta be player A. He's waiting for someone to side with his rediculous mandate.

You guys may be right.  If he's B, he's already satisfied because 10 or 11 of us have 'sided' with him so he's comfortable that he's right.  This would be the only explanation as to why he's still looking for more answers.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

You guys may be right.  If he's B, he's already satisfied because 10 or 11 of us have 'sided' with him so he's comfortable that he's right.  This would be the only explanation as to why he's still looking for more answers.

Unless he's really fanatical about statistical sampling. Then again, I don't think an online forum would be appropriate for a statistical sample.

• Upvote 1

Tyler Martin

What the hell is wrong with 3 & 2? Put the twosome in front for pace and switch around the guys every 18 for a mix of characters.

Jeez!

Or tee off as a 3 & 2, and once you get 1-2 holes in you join up and make a 5-some.

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

Or tee off as a 3 & 2, and once you get 1-2 holes in you join up and make a 5-some.

Naw, A ranger would get nuts or a foursome behind you would go ballistic. I know I would. "While we're young"

Naw, A ranger would get nuts or a foursome behind you would go ballistic. I know I would. "While we're young"

Are the golf courses around you crowded?  Around here, most marshals (rangers) are completely worthless and never say anything.  Also, most golf courses around here allow 5-somes, even on weekends.

Doesn't matter, what's he going to do, send a link of this thread to Player A (if he's Player B) and say see everyone on TST think's you're an idiot?  If he's Player A, he's hopefully been humiliated enough to apologize to his friend and hope that his stupidity hasn't cost him a friendship.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by caniac6

If I were player B, I would make it easy on player A, and drop out. I would then quit playing with player A.

That is probably what I would do too.

He has to be player B... if he was player A there would be better justification to giving B an ultimatum. They're clearly not good friends... or this wouldn't be a forum topic and he would've told his friend he's being a jerk... no polling needed!

Originally Posted by indyvai

He has to be player B... if he was player A there would be better justification to giving B an ultimatum. They're clearly not good friends... or this wouldn't be a forum topic and he would've told his friend he's being a jerk... no polling needed!

Maybe he's F - none of the above.  Just a troller.

I don't quite understand why everybody always says "troll," as in 'a short monster under a bridge.'  I take the term "trolling" as being from the fishing vernacular, and people who are fishing by trolling are not trolls.  Anyways, thats just one of my silly 'peeves.'  And since you cared enough to click on this, I'll give you another;  I laugh when people use the "it's not the indian, it's the arrow' cliche in regards to questions about clubs, when it clearly only makes sense in regards to balls.  If you're going to use it about clubs, then you should say "its not the indian, its the bow."  :)  Annnnnnd .... it's 5 o'clock now.  Boom!  Enough stalling. :)

Maybe he's F - none of the above.  Just a troller. [SPOILER=Not important ...] I don't quite understand why everybody always says "troll," as in 'a short monster under a bridge.'  I take the term "trolling" as being from the fishing vernacular, and people who are fishing by trolling are not trolls.  Anyways, thats just one of my silly 'peeves.'  And since you cared enough to click on this, I'll give you another;  I laugh when people use the "it's not the indian, it's the arrow' cliche in regards to questions about clubs, when it clearly only makes sense in regards to balls.  If you're going to use it about clubs, then you should say "its not the indian, its the bow."  :)  Annnnnnd .... it's 5 o'clock now.  Boom!  Enough stalling. :) [/SPOILER]

I've always made the trolling/fishing connection, I think most people do, the added "miserable prick under a bridge" image is just gravy. Re: the Indian/arrow/bow scenario, you're absolutely right and I NEVER thought of that. It is definitely 5 o'clock. Time to stop drinking at work and go home for cocktails.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I've always made the trolling/fishing connection, I think most people do, the added "miserable prick under a bridge" image is just gravy.

Re: the Indian/arrow/bow scenario, you're absolutely right and I NEVER thought of that.

It is definitely 5 o'clock. Time to stop drinking at work and go home for cocktails.

I like your new avatar!!  Bye bye Serge!!!

ANSWER :  I AM PLAYER B !!    I THINK I WOULD HAVE TO BE PRETTY MESSED UP TO POST THIS AS PLAYER A  AND EXPECT TO GET MUCH SUPPORT - NOT ONLY AMONG GOLFERS BUT NON-GOLFERS AS WELL.  I THINK IT IS OBVIOUS THAT PLAYER A DOESN'T VIEW THE FRIENDSHIP THE SAME AS I DO - AS I TOLD HIM ... IF IT WERE ME ORGANIZING -- I AM FIGURING OUT HOW PLAYER A IS GOING TO JOIN THE REST OF THE GROUP!!  ESPECIALLY SINCE I'VE INVITED HIM AND HIS WIFE TO JOIN US ON SEVERAL VACATIONS WE HAVE TAKEN OVER THE YEARS.  NOT ONCE DID I RENEGE ON THE INVITATION OR TELL HIM HE HAD TO GET ANOTHER COUPLE TO GO.  SOMETIMES WE MIGHT THINK..."AM I THE ONE NOT GETTING THIS CORRECTLY " ??  --- SO IT HELPS TO SEE HOW OTHERS VIEW A SITUATION.    IT'S A SHAME THAT MANY OF US ONLY HAVE FEW REAL FRIENDS IN LIFE AND TO HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN IS DIS-APPOINTING TO SAY THE LEAST.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE PROVIDED INPUT SO FAR!!

Note: This thread is 3958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!