IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

So, since the weather isn't cooperating today and I'm still waiting on my evolvr lesson I decided to be productive. I went to the range and tried out a bunch of different clubs to replace the nike vr2 pro 18* 2 hybrid I have that I can't hit for crap. After about 1 1/2 hours of hitting balls and process of elimination I settled on one and purchased it. Funny thing was, it was one of the last clubs he grabbed for me to try and one of the first I hit. I hit it so well and consistent that I couldn't believe it. Here are some pictures:

There was no comparison between how I hit this club and the nike I have. Overall it wasn't as cheap as I had hoped but for 210 with that shaft in it I can't complain too loudly I think. What do you guys think, good purchase for the price?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you hit it that well, I think its worth it. How many times do people drop more than that on clubs they have not even tested?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

If you hit it that well, I think its worth it. How many times do people drop more than that on clubs they have not even tested?

I'm trying my best to not make that mistake ever again. I've gotten somewhat lucky in the past, but I don't want to depend on luck anymore. Especially if I'm going to get good quality clubs that cost a bit more than what I've gotten before.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Dang, Titleist is one maker I didn't demo..Anyhow great that you hit them well, that's what counts. Congratz on your new club.

The Titliest hybrids are really really good. I really like the SLDR hybrid, but it is a bit hard to control and I like a slimmer hybrid that I feel like I can hit off the ground with confidence.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Round went pretty well today with Nate aka Shane and Billy. One blow up hole though, ended up with 94. I felt like overall the round went a lot better than the score indicates but the 8 on number 9 had a definite impact because my worst hole other than that was only doubles. I think I had 3 of 4 sand saves today, wish I paid closer attention but my sand shots were all pretty good. I lost 1 ball 2x *Shane pulled it out of the drink for me on 9 only to lose it again on 16. I struggled a bit off the tee and I was disappointed I didn't hit the new hybrid well off the tee either time I used it, but eh well I know that was just my fault. I did get my evolvr video back today and what I'm to work on is something I'm sure I was told before but I never remembered. Brian said that my hips slide a bit in the backswing which is one of the causes of my flip. I guess it's another way to try to say keeping a centered turn? Anyway I'm going to start working on that and see what happens. If anyone is interested in seeing the video that Brian gave me let me know and I'll post it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quick question, if I have a question for the person who did my evovlr video, how do I contact them with a question. I want to ask whether how I want to practice what they told me is a good way to do it or not.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

Quick question, if I have a question for the person who did my evovlr video, how do I contact them with a question. I want to ask whether how I want to practice what they told me is a good way to do it or not.

Post it here. I'll point it out to him.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well, basically what he was saying is I need to keep my hips from sliding. So, to get the feeling of keeping them in place I'm standing by a doorway, taking my stance with my lead hip against the door frame and practicing a backswing while keeping my hip against the frame the whole way. I let my hips turn of course, but maintain contact with the frame the whole time. If necessary I could try to find a way to record what I'm saying.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Not saying I am right and obviously you should listen to the experts, but I will relate what works for me. Not necessarily on the feel or drill but on checking. I like to video all the time. That way I can check different feels and see if they change anything. When I find one that looks like it is changing the picture, I will use it during the whole session. Seems to work for me anyway.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Not saying I am right and obviously you should listen to the experts, but I will relate what works for me. Not necessarily on the feel or drill but on checking.

I like to video all the time. That way I can check different feels and see if they change anything. When I find one that looks like it is changing the picture, I will use it during the whole session.

Seems to work for me anyway.

I know what you are saying, that's exactly how I got through the process of finding the right feeling for shortening my backswing. It was very effective at nailing it down quickly between recording and uploading here for feedback. My plan is to just use the door frame while at home and just trying to get the feel of it and then using an alignment rod stuck in the ground at the range. Trying to do the same thing with both by keeping contact with the frame/alignment rod throughout the backswing. Then obviously on the downswing I'd be pushing into the alignment rod because of weight transition.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I know what you are saying, that's exactly how I got through the process of finding the right feeling for shortening my backswing. It was very effective at nailing it down quickly between recording and uploading here for feedback. My plan is to just use the door frame while at home and just trying to get the feel of it and then using an alignment rod stuck in the ground at the range. Trying to do the same thing with both by keeping contact with the frame/alignment rod throughout the backswing. Then obviously on the downswing I'd be pushing into the alignment rod because of weight transition.

That's a good plan. When you are on the range, do a lot of slow practice swings with out hitting a ball, focus on that priority area of your centered pivot. Something like 5 really solid practice swings per ball hit. When you hit a ball, hit it at 50%. By your swing, 50% might feel like 25% ;-) . Your goal is to change the picture, so you wont be doing that if you can't do it at lower speed. So, don't just try to hit ball after ball trying to keep the left hip glued to that pole. Really work on it smartly.

Also it saves you money because you get more out of a bucket of balls. When I was working on my backswing, I would stand behind the ball and do 5 practice swings, really slow. Then I would go hit a ball, and video tape myself. I also work on isolating which feels work best. That is why slow swings work so well because you can really start to feel different areas in the swing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

That's a good plan. When you are on the range, do a lot of slow practice swings…

… and put a stick in the ground outside your left ankle at setup, and use that to monitor your hip location throughout slower backswings while hitting a ball. Record yourself and look at it on video too.

Plus the rest of what @saevel25 said.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

… and put a stick in the ground outside your left ankle at setup, and use that to monitor your hip location throughout slower backswings while hitting a ball. Record yourself and look at it on video too.

Plus the rest of what @saevel25 said.

I thought I said I was putting the alignment rod in the ground that would touch my hip while doing the swings and such on the range. Are you saying I should do both?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
I thought I said I was putting the alignment rod in the ground that would touch my hip while doing the swings and such on the range. Are you saying I should do both?

Both what? They're the same thing.

Yes, put a stick in the ground outside your ankle so it's near or touching your left hip and serves as a reference point to you and/or video.

Both what? They're the same thing.

Yes, put a stick in the ground outside your ankle so it's near or touching your left hip and serves as a reference point to you and/or video.

Ok, I was just confused because I already said I was going to do that.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

Ok, I was just confused because I already said I was going to do that.

Eh. I read the door frame thing and skipped the rest. :)

I went to the short course after work and was focusing on keeping my hips in place. I hit some really really good shots and some pretty bad ones. Good ones outweighed the bad and I'm starting to develop more of a one way miss which is a push/block. I know I was doing better because my right leg feels like I worked it a lot more than before. I'll work on getting some video of drills/shots at the range soon just to make sure what I felt was real on the course.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: