IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Shot zone pictures:

7i

176 carry *seems a touch short compared to what I see on the course but not much*

SW 56*

Can't see distance well but I think it was 130ish? Not totally sure but it sounds like what Mike said that day.

These are pretty horrible but meh.... Swing is a work in progress so I expect they'll tighten up.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
7i

176 carry *seems a touch short compared to what I see on the course but not much*

FWIW: that's 176 only on the last one. The average looks to be around 160.

Been awhile since I played with you, and I know you swing at it fast, but flipping adds loft and you may be guilty of doing what a lot of golfers do: taking your best and making it your average.*

You did it just here.

You also might not be. People sometimes swing a bit differently indoors or with a practice ball than on the golf course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You also might not be. People sometimes swing a bit differently indoors or with a practice ball than on the golf course.

Yep, I am guilty of swinging harder when I get on a launch monitor.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

FWIW: that's 176 only on the last one. The average looks to be around 160.

Been awhile since I played with you, and I know you swing at it fast, but flipping adds loft and you may be guilty of doing what a lot of golfers do: taking your best and making it your average.*

You did it just here.

Yeah, the oval is almost exactly centered between the 150 and 175, but might be leaning ever so slightly towards 175, so I'd call the center 165.  The center of the SW oval is probably 120.

160-165 yard for a 7i is pretty good in my book. I mean, you do have a 6 iron right?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

FWIW: that's 176 only on the last one. The average looks to be around 160. Been awhile since I played with you, and I know you swing at it fast, but flipping adds loft and you may be guilty of doing what a lot of golfers do: taking your best and making it your average.* [SPOILER=*] You did it just here. [/SPOILER] You also might not be. People sometimes swing a bit differently indoors or with a practice ball than on the golf course.

I know what you are saying but on the course I pull 7 for 180-185 shots and am rarely short unless I fat it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I know what you are saying but on the course I pull 7 for 180-185 shots and am rarely short unless I fat it.

BEAST!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

BEAST!

Beast hell, the loft on that club is about 6.5.. Not quite 6 but stronger than 7.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Beast hell, the loft on that club is about 6.5.. Not quite 6 but stronger than 7.

Took me a while to figure this out! When talking about the loft of a particular club, I'm generally referring to its loft in degrees, not its loft relative to another club. Lol, I was all like, what the **** is he talking about??? A 6.5* 7 iron? He really is a beast, I dunno if I'd even get that ****er airborne.

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Question,obviously I need to get my arms/hands/club into the position the red lines are, but as far as the rest of my body at impact how far off am I?

This picture is lightyears better than a similar picture from a month or so ago would have been, so I'm happy that I've made a good amount of progress. What I'm hoping to do is get to a bit better spot before the winter so I can just focus on getting the changes I've made this season more solidified in my swing. Would the best thing just be focusing on getting the inline at impact down by then? I'm not looking for other things to work on at all, I know the priority is killing the flip right now, but I do want to make sure nothing else is getting messed up by focusing on that.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Well the 5 keys are set up to be worked on in order. One leads to the other. So as long as you are not messing up your Keys 1 & 2, then you should be fine working on getting the hands more inline with the clubhead at impact.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well the 5 keys are set up to be worked on in order. One leads to the other. So as long as you are not messing up your Keys 1 & 2, then you should be fine working on getting the hands more inline with the clubhead at impact.

Here's what's frustrating to me, I've done a lot of good things to get my back swing cleaned up and in good position to start the downswing:

(notice I said good, not perfect ;-) )

But from here the "wheels fall off" and everything goes wrong, lots of head movement laterally forward, arm separation, flip, bad extension in follow through... I'm not over-swinging as in swinging hard, but it seems like I'm subconsciously trying to control the club/steer the ball. Super frustrating...

I think for the rest of this season and through the winter really focusing on nailing inline impact will be all I focus on. That should clean up 3 things at once, the arm separation, flip, and extension through impact. Then next year I can start up working on fine tuning other things.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

I think for the rest of this season and through the winter really focusing on nailing inline impact will be all I focus on. That should clean up 3 things at once, the arm separation, flip, and extension through impact. Then next year I can start up working on fine tuning other things.

That's a great plan.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So I get to play the executive course near work free most of the time so I used that for practice today. Also hopped on the regular course to play a few holes. Had 3 pretty good drives. I had the driver set to 8.5 loft and got a 286 yard drive. I changed my loft to 9.5 and had a 295 and 318 yard drive. These are decent guesses using google earth. So you can probably +/- a few yards either way. I was focusing on the set up Mike told me at Golf Evolution with the slight hips forward and initiating the downswing by bumping the hips. My miss when using this was a push fade that still went about 265-275. Obviously the 9.5 loft is optimal for me because the ball flight was pretty awesome and I got a great amount of bounce and roll. My shots into the greens were really solid to and just about every wedge stopped and backed up. There are no holes that I have to use anything more than 9 iron unfortunately unless I play a wedge off the tee and give myself an iron into the green on the par 4s. Actually, that's a good idea, I may do that next time to work on my higher irons.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I've wondered about loft myself. I have mine set to 8 degrees right now I thing, and have what looks to be a pretty good ball flight when I hit it well. Would love to get on a launch monitor to see some numbers.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I've wondered about loft myself. I have mine set to 8 degrees right now I thing, and have what looks to be a pretty good ball flight when I hit it well. Would love to get on a launch monitor to see some numbers.

I actually think 9* of loft would be ideal but for some reason it goes from 8.5 to 9.5. I won't complain though, I doubt there'd be much difference length. I suppose I could play around and bump it to 10* just to see what happens. I hesitate to do so though because I'm already getting a really high flight out of the 9.5 and don't want it to end up ballooning.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

I actually think 9* of loft would be ideal but for some reason it goes from 8.5 to 9.5. I won't complain though, I doubt there'd be much difference length. I suppose I could play around and bump it to 10* just to see what happens. I hesitate to do so though because I'm already getting a really high flight out of the 9.5 and don't want it to end up ballooning.

9° is probably a bit low. Get your flip under control and you'll probably find it going too low.

9° is probably a bit low. Get your flip under control and you'll probably find it going too low.

I was thinking the same. As it is, I don't know how he hits his clubs as far as he does with that flip.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!