IGNORED

OK.....would you think this is funny???

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My method for marking golf balls is very dictinctive......my mark is hard to miss because it's written with huge red letters on both sides of the ball.  Sooner or later, I was destined to pair-up with a complete stranger playing one of my lost balls!!

My distinctive mark is "SHIT BALL" HEHE...this is an old pic and an old model ball, but my mark is unchanged..

It happened to me yesterday!!!   I was playing with a complete stranger using one of my balls........hahahahahaahahaha

When I made the discovery, I started laughing out loud and proclaimed to my partner that he was playing one of my lost balls.  I think he took it the wrong way because he got a bit defensive..LOL   He didn't fully understand the humor of the moment.... so I  walked him to my bag and unzipped the "ball-pocket" while still laughing..... (all the balls in this pocket are clearly marked the very same way) ....he tried to give the ball back, but I refused.   I did my best to put him at ease, but I think he was a bit uncomfortable.  I thought it was hilarious!!!!  I've lost so many d%mn balls.......it's about d%mn time I find somebody else using one of them!!

I asked him where he found it, and I don't remember ever losing a ball in that spot.  It was a weird place....  I think somebody else found the ball first...and re-lost it!!...only to be found again!!  How funny is that!!

For me....this was a very funny moment!!!  :)

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

LOL, hilarious. Even funnier that he got all awkward about it!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Awesome. I don't understand why he got all defensive, though.

The only time I ever found someone playing my ball wasn't nearly as funny.

I mark my balls with my gigantic initials (see avatar), and once I had a playing partner (complete stranger) somehow play it by accident. I took a drop for my lost ball, and saw it on the green when I got there. He must have realized what happened, because he marked the ball and switched it out when he putt.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I've seen people playing my lost balls plenty of times, and have found my own lost balls in places I have never hit a ball. Most of the time people give them back to me when they find them because all of the locals know how I mark my ball (a black line halfway around with red lines on each side of the black line). Matches the alignment lines on my putter.

Sort of embarrassing when it's a ball I intentionally discarded because it was old by intentionally whacking it deep into the woods OB, never expecting that somebody would find it and give it back. I never know whether to thank them for giving it back to me or to tell them I threw it away on purpose.

The OP's story cracked me up because of what he wrote on the ball. Not something I would want to play unless I was the one that wrote it on there.

That is very funny indeed. He must have thought since your balls were marked, you were being funny to people who found your lost balls.

But I have a question. How in the world do you play with that thing all marked up? You must be Duffy Waldorf?

I can barely deal with a small black dot above the T on Titleist.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

it was just a weird and funny moment.  I never thought I'd see a guy playing "MY BALL"...LOL

The guy with the ball felt otherwise.....he'd rather not be playing that ball. Hahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by Motley01

But I have a question. How in the world do you play with that thing all marked up? You must be Duffy Waldorf?

I can barely deal with a small black dot above the T on Titleist.

The ink smears and the ball turns pink over time......LOL   BTW.....you have to be a PLAYA...to get to that point!!!!!

Aside from that...my ball is very easy to identify whether it be on the green and I identify it from 100yds away....or in tall grass. The point of a mark is to identify the ball...

Placing a couple dots on dimples is a p#ssy copout.........IMO  that is no way to identify a freaking ball!!!!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

The guy with the ball felt otherwise.....he'd rather not be playing that ball. Hahaha

I don't get how someone would have the cajones to play that ball, particularly when paired with someone he didn't know, and not have a sense of humor about it - that's really odd. Maybe he was out of new balls and down to the last few found-balls at the bottom of his bag? The last few years the only thing I've had to worry about as far as the identity of my golf balls is having someone pronounce the name. I play Srixon AD333s and I've never encountered anyone else playing them, so I don't bother marking mine. Unfortunately, they are discontinued and I'm down to my last box and a half. I'll have to look on eBay for one of the use ball vendors before the end of the summer.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Got to be honest, if I found a ball labeled "Shit Ball" I wouldn't even touch it. Just in case!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Part of the reason I started marking my ball this way is due to a couple of occasions where people from other holes supposedly "accidentally" played the wrong ball...MY BALL!!   I don't have this problem anymore......LOL

A lot of the regulars at my old home course knew my mark, and they'd find my balls ball hawking in the ditches and return them to me.  It didn't even matter if it was a once hit PROV1.....they didn't want to keep a ball with "Shit Ball" written all over it.   ...and of course, they'd always give me the details on where they found them and ask me why I was hitting it in those spots. LOL  I write it on both sides of the ball so the ball is covered in red ink.   I can tell which ball on the green is mine from nearly 100yds away because my ball is discolored....Haha

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

A lot of the regulars at my old home course knew my mark, and they'd find my balls ball hawking in the ditches and return them to me.  It didn't even matter if it was a once hit PROV1.....they didn't want to keep a ball with "Shit Ball" written all over it.   ...and of course, they'd always give me the details on where they found them and ask me why I was hitting it in those spots. LOL  I write it on both sides of the ball so the ball is covered in red ink.   I can tell which ball on the green is mine from nearly 100yds away because my ball is discolored....Haha

This reminds me of a couple of guys in my dorm in college.  One of them liked to tell everyone about how upper class his upbringing had been and how sophisticated he was, but apparently toward the end of his high school his multi-millionaire dad found a new sweetie, left his mom, got a shark of divorce lawyer and his mom was so shell-shocked she rolled over and didn't fight his proposed settlement that basically left her and her kids with nothing.  So although he had Beluga tastes, he had been forced to live the last few years on a Spam budget, but kept trying to keep up the old pretentious airs, instead of just being a normal college kid.  A friend of mine who got a pretty generous monthly allowance drew this riches-to-rags guy in the Secret Santa gift exchange our dorm was doing and gave him a hell of a bitter pill to swallow:  he bought him a bottle of Lafite-Rothschild, but wrote all over the front of the label "Happy X-mas Big Steve!  Hope you enjoy the hooch!"  So while he got a hell of a nice bottle of wine, it did him little good, because he couldn't use it to impress anyone.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Note: This thread is 3950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!