IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 3038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks.  I get a ton of beeps, waves, thumbs up, peace signs, and pictures when I drive either Herbie or my Hippy Bug.  They're fun conversation pieces and I've met a ton of cool people with them.  Lots of fun!!!  And a golf bag will gin perfectly across the back seat.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

I'm not a car guy AT ALL. If it's comfortable and runs well for a long time...that's all I need.

It's probably the reason I've only bought two cars, both Buicks. Love them. Go ahead, call it a Granny car...me and the granny's are all extremely comfortable. :-D

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

• 2 weeks later...

2001 GMC sierra half ton extended cab, it's got a few miles 140k on it but not too many for how old it is, I just love this model gm trucks they just feel so comfortable to drive for me. I however am spending more money getting things fixed like new wheel bearings on the rear axle and brakes and such.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Volvo XC70 D5 with Polestar

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

Considering a Nissan GTR, anyone have experience trying to get golf clubs into one?  Trunk seems small but the salesman swears it will hold a golf bag without folding down the rear seats.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Considering a Nissan GTR, anyone have experience trying to get golf clubs into one?  Trunk seems small but the salesman swears it will hold a golf bag without folding down the rear seats.

Nice ride. :beer:

I wouldn't trust him without trying it.  One bag may fit on an angle, but you may have to pull the long clubs out and put them in the backseat.  I'd also ask myself, how often do you just drive yourself to the course, vs driving/riding with a buddy.  If like me, you generally ride with someone, you'll need room for two bags.  Again, may be doable if the long clubs are pulled out.  A bit of a pain, but not necessarily a deal-breaker.

I'd bring my bag over and try.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nice ride.

I wouldn't trust him without trying it.  One bag may fit on an angle, but you may have to pull the long clubs out and put them in the backseat.  I'd also ask myself, how often do you just drive yourself to the course, vs driving/riding with a buddy.  If like me, you generally ride with someone, you'll need room for two bags.  Again, may be doable if the long clubs are pulled out.  A bit of a pain, but not necessarily a deal-breaker.

Agree with @David in FL

My old VW Golf could fit a golf bag no problem...provided, of course, that there were no golf clubs in it...

Bit of an exaggeration but I did need to remove my driver to get it in which is kind of a pain in the ass, especially considering that I like to keep my clubs in the car all season long, you never know when you're going to drive by a golf course. ;-) I would bring your bag and check.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Nice ride.

I am going to give it a try, it looks tight.  I keep a bag at my home course so I just keep a bag in my trunk for the range and when I play other courses.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

Soon… in addition to the Sorento (and my wife's CR-V)…

We're going to wrap the car (door panels, back window, etc.) in Golf Evolution and 5SK branding and so on. $700 down, $116/month out the door (taxes, etc. included) on a 36-month lease. Almost a no-brainer at that point.

I drove Dave's (we are each getting one) back yesterday from Buffalo. Nearest dealer. Made it to a charging station with about two miles left on it, and then made it back to his house with about two miles left on it as well (thank goodness the estimates are accurate).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Soon… in addition to the Sorento (and my wife's CR-V)… [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/96943/] [/URL] We're going to wrap the car (door panels, back window, etc.) in Golf Evolution and 5SK branding and so on. $700 down, $116/month out the door (taxes, etc. included) on a 36-month lease. Almost a no-brainer at that point. I drove Dave's (we are each getting one) back yesterday from Buffalo. Nearest dealer. Made it to a charging station with about two miles left on it, and then made it back to his house with about two miles left on it as well (thank goodness the estimates are accurate).

I used to like you.......... :))

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• Administrator
I used to like you..........

:))

Makes sense from an advertising point of view.

Crappy car, but tough to argue with $116/month (and the fuel savings costs) to advertise.

Doesn't matter, though. I'm not getting it. The wife's being a moron about it. I figured, after insurance and with a conservative estimate on fuel savings, it would cost $45/month to lease it… which is easily justified as an advertising expense, IMO.

Plus I was still only 55% likely to get it once I considered that it would be parked outside ALL the time.

I just sent the email to the dealer to tell her I was not getting the car.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Crappy car, but tough to argue with $116/month (and the fuel savings costs) to advertise.

Doesn't matter, though. I'm not getting it. The wife's being a moron about it. I figured, after insurance and with a conservative estimate on fuel savings, it would cost $45/month to lease it… which is easily justified as an advertising expense, IMO.

Plus I was still only 55% likely to get it once I considered that it would be parked outside ALL the time.

Yeah, wives don't understand guys and cars.  I was just relieved you weren't buying a Prius.

Joe Paradiso

Soon… in addition to the Sorento (and my wife's CR-V)…

We're going to wrap the car (door panels, back window, etc.) in Golf Evolution and 5SK branding and so on. $700 down, $116/month out the door (taxes, etc. included) on a 36-month lease. Almost a no-brainer at that point.

I drove Dave's (we are each getting one) back yesterday from Buffalo. Nearest dealer. Made it to a charging station with about two miles left on it, and then made it back to his house with about two miles left on it as well (thank goodness the estimates are accurate).

Well, if you ever run out of juice, you can pick it up and carry it under your arm.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

Yeah, wives don't understand guys and cars.  I was just relieved you weren't buying a Prius.

That's the thing… I wasn't looking at it as a car. Just an advertisement "vehicle."

Look at the bright side, now you can mock Dave mercilessly when you see him tooling around in his! :banana:

Erik:  Hey Dave, let's go get electric smart cars and cover them in 5SK stickers, we'll look super cool driving around town!

Dave: I dunno Erik, I'd feel pretty silly driving around in one of those little things.

Erik: Oh c'mon Dave, I'll do it if you do it.

Dave: Alright, DEAL!

>

>

>

>

One week later.

Erik: Ha Ha, I can't believe you did it!! Nice car SUCKER!!!

Dave: :mad:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Makes sense from an advertising point of view. Crappy car, but tough to argue with $116/month (and the fuel savings costs) to advertise. Doesn't matter, though. I'm not getting it. The wife's being a moron about it. I figured, after insurance and with a conservative estimate on fuel savings, it would cost $45/month to lease it… which is easily justified as an advertising expense, IMO. Plus I was still only 55% likely to get it once I considered that it would be parked outside ALL the time. I just sent the email to the dealer to tell her I was not getting the car.

Wow that's a steal of a deal and you're right it attracts attention for sure. Perfect for marketing. Ah well, I'm sure a trip down to a jewelry store can sway her views easily!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Erik:  Hey Dave, let's go get electric smart cars and cover them in 5SK stickers, we'll look super cool driving around town! Dave: I dunno Erik, I'd feel pretty silly driving around in one of those little things. Erik: Oh c'mon Dave, I'll do it if you do it. Dave: Alright, DEAL! > > > > One week later. Erik: Ha Ha, I can't believe you did it!! Nice car SUCKER!!!  Dave::mad:

That's awesome...

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!