IGNORED

ugh... flat billed caps...

Note: This thread is 3893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. So, flat billed caps...

• Yay
    • Nay

And any regular FJ's or the TW Nikes would protect against rain just as good as mentioned above, and they are both stunningly good looking shoes (well, most FJ's are good looking ).

Alright here goes, I pointed out that they were Nikes version of a rain shoe just incase anyone else on the boards were not familiar. You only posted the picture and didnt go into detail what type of shoe they were. Just thought I'd clear that up. If you think the shoe is ugly thats perfectly fine. Thank you for the lesson on "Urban Appeal" I dont know how I survived growing up somewhat "urban" without your wealth of "urban" knowledge. You must be an Unbanologist. Im glad that you know plenty of impressionable young men as do I. Being that they are impressionable lets not show them how to judge people based on what they wear. You are doing those young men an injustice. How about as adults we let them be kids and dress how they want to dress? There are plenty important life lessons to learn and none have to do with the horrors of the Flat Brim Cap and High Tops for cryin out loud.
  • Upvote 1

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Alright here goes, I pointed out that they were Nikes version of a rain shoe just incase anyone else on the boards were not familiar. You only posted the picture and didnt go into detail what type of shoe they were. Just thought I'd clear that up. If you think the shoe is ugly thats perfectly fine. Thank you for the lesson on "Urban Appeal" I dont know how I survived growing up somewhat "urban" without your wealth of "urban" knowledge. You must be an Unbanologist. Im glad that you know plenty of impressionable young men as do I. Being that they are impressionable lets not show them how to judge people based on what they wear. You are doing those young men an injustice. How about as adults we let them be kids and dress how they want to dress? There are plenty important life lessons to learn and none have to do with the horrors of the Flat Brim Cap and High Tops for cryin out loud.

This is a bunch of poppycock!

Just kidding... I really just wanted to say "poppycock" for some reason....

Let's not let all kids be kids without some level of mockery though. Someone needs to get through to Justin Beiber that his leather pants where the crotch is connected near the knees, instead of... well, the crotch, are not acceptable and it looks like he had Taco Bell and Natty Ice at 2:00 PM and caught a case of the hot snakes in his draws'.

Also, I'm not sure I am against all flat bills. Kate Upton can wear a flat bill without judgement from me.

I'd call the kid out for dressing like a Justin Bieber-MTV-rap star wanna-be.  You wouldn't.  That's fine. Enough of that.

By letting it go and acting like they don't look like a clown, you are reinforcing their belief that they look like a hard, street-smart thug (just like you Ron, Mr. "I survived growing up Urban" LOL).

LOL anytime you can throw in the word Poppycock I say go for it. And yeah Im with you on mocking the kids a little. I used to "sag" my pants in high school like an idiot. I remember a track meet I pretty much ran clean out of my track shorts, luckily I had on compression shorts underneath. Im ok with telling kids they look like idiots rather than saying you look too "urban." You want urban how about Calloway's new wedges called Mack Daddys? Thats about as urban as you can get LOL

Originally Posted by Spyder

Also, I'm not sure I am against all flat bills. Kate Upton can wear a flat bill without judgement from me.

Kate Upton can wear whatever the hell she wants, she won't get any judgement from me.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Everyone's true ages are coming out in this thread.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My last post didnt work so here goes: I'll freely mock my sons and nephews because I have that right. I just think you gotta be careful talking to random people that way is all. People and this includes kids are crazy these days.

LOL anytime you can throw in the word Poppycock I say go for it. And yeah Im with you on mocking the kids. I used to "sag" my pants in high school like an idiot. I remember a track meet I pretty much ran clean out of my track shorts, luckily I had on compression shorts underneath. Im ok with telling kids they look like idiots rather than saying you look too "urban." You want urban how about Calloway's new wedges called Mack Daddys? Thats about as urban as you can get LOL

lol I'm only 28 and I've worn some pretty stupid things and done some stupid things as well. Most kids do. I won't call out someone that I don't know based on what they wear though because it's not my place or business to do so. My job in life is to make sure my son doesn't follow stupid trends though, like my father did with me, so the jokes will stay between he and I.

I can't knock petty things like flat billed hats though. Fowler has thousands of chicks that are obsessed with him, so whatever works.

TJBam is just grumpy. Deep inside he appreciates the game.

Originally Posted by TJBam

Saw some basketball shoes posing as golf shoes with cleats on Golfsmith's website.  You can get nearly every type of hat (Titleist Ping Callaway) in flat bill now.  There was a flat bill Titleist at golfsmith in the FJ/Titleist section and I about puked.  If we're not careful, urban "style" will creep into golf like it has creeped into our public schools

Do they sell a matching hoodie to go with these? Will the gold chains interfere with your backswing? Just askin'.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I think he's angry he cant pull off the flat brim LOL

You best believe I'd look awesome in any cap I put on. While we're talking about dumb crap kids wear, I went through a JNCO phase at age 12 that lasted for about two weeks. If you don't know what jncos are, they were baggy jeans with giant back pockets with graffiti on them. Popular in the 90's.

Originally Posted by TJBam

While we're talking about dumb crap kids wear, I went through a JNCO phase at age 12 that lasted for about two weeks.

Oh, you were one of those kids.

Tyler Martin

I'm not a fan of the style, but I don't get irritated by them like most others do.  Frankly, Ryan Moore's hats are the only ones that would compel me to start a thread about due to ugliness and annoyance.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I'm not a fan of the style, but I don't get irritated by them like most others do.  Frankly, Ryan Moore's hats are the only ones that would compel me to start a thread about due to ugliness and annoyance.

Someone needs to let Rymo in on the fact that he can get shirts larger than those on the rack at Gap for Kids.

But I guess that look above is better than this? Right?  RIGHT?!

Note: This thread is 3893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!