IGNORED

Ricoh Women's British Open Preview & Pairings

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The LPGA moves to Scotland next week for the playing of the Ricoh Women's British Open.
This will be the fourth of five majors on the 2013 schedule. Inbee Park has captured the first 3 majors so far this year, and will be trying to make history by winning number four.
This tournament also has added importance, as it is the last chance for those players on the bubble of making the Solheim Cup team to step up and earn their spot. Captain Meg Mallon will also announce her 2 captains' picks at the completion of play.

This will be tournament #18 of 28 on the LPGA schedule this year.

This is an early preview as I will be flying out to Scotland in a few hours.

Here are the key details:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/07/ricoh-womens-british-open-preview.html

Inbee Park wasn't that impressive after her last major win.   And she went to Korea before the Open instead of getting to the Open early and check out the course, etc..  I say she isn't going to win.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Karrie Webb is looking to be in good form, she won today so has to be a good chance.

:powerblt: Air force one complete set

:powerblt: TPS Putter

:oakley: Shirts

:footjoy: shoes

I am looking forward to watching this tourny. These girls can play.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

How long is the course playing?

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Originally Posted by chriskzoo

How long is the course playing?

6,672 yards is the listed distance, just a little less than the traditional back tees which are listed at 6,721 yards.

Brian Kuehn

It should be an interesting tournament and I will watch most of it.  I think the ladies can play.  An interesting question is if Inbee does win the British Open this week will it be a grand slam or not?  Maybe it doesn't make any difference as it will be something no other golfer has done, so it will be notable no matter what anyone calls it.

Butch

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Inbee Park wasn't that impressive after her last major win.   And she went to Korea before the Open instead of getting to the Open early and check out the course, etc..  I say she isn't going to win.

Shoot.   I may have jinxed her.   After two rounds, she is 8 shots back and too may players in front of her.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Inbee was off last week.  She has been looking a bit off this week as well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!