IGNORED

How do you handle false accusations

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Yeah, the thing that sucks is that the fact that I recovered so quickly and well on that hole had me feeling good and I may have started playing better had I not had this encounter at the conclusion of the hole. I realize if I am really going to get better at golf overall I'm going to need to learn not to let this type of thing affect me. Live and learn I suppose.

Can't let it get to you, man. Just think about the shot at hand, and that's it. If anything, let it motivate you. I look for any type of motivation...I play my best golf under the roughest circumstances.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've never played in a golf league.  And listening to all of the golf league stories here, I don't think I ever will.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I've never played in a golf league.  And listening to all of the golf league stories here, I don't think I ever will.

It sure doesn't make golf sound fun does it? I often play skins with some friends, but at a quarter per hole no one really cares enough to make someone unhappy. Golf should be fun above all else, the competitive part can take a back seat as far as I'm concerned.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm surprised he didn't have you down for a par(4). The unplayable penalty stroke should have been a free drop! seeing how they give themselves free drops, roll the ball, etc. Seriously though that would have bugged me too! The audacity of a cheater questioning your integrity when you're one of the few that plays by the rules in league play. Next time, let him count the strokes out and it will make him look foolish.

Depends on the players in the league. I've played with good players, if anyone even thought about pulling a fast one they'd be asked to leave. Lots of money to win or lose. And the league I'm in now , people I don't know, getting off work, drinking beer, extra carts for the girlfriend to ride along, and lots of cheaters. I'll finish cause of my partner, but won't be back. So frustrating!

Originally Posted by barbm12thtee

Depends on the players in the league. I've played with good players, if anyone even thought about pulling a fast one they'd be asked to leave. Lots of money to win or lose. And the league I'm in now , people I don't know, getting off work, drinking beer, extra carts for the girlfriend to ride along, and lots of cheaters. I'll finish cause of my partner, but won't be back. So frustrating!

Judging by the stories here the crap leagues seem to outnumber the good ones by about 25 to 1.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

One of my buddies thought I lied about a drive. It was a 320 yard par 4. I pulled it a little left and barely went into some rocks. When we got to the green, I couldn't find the ball to the left. My partner said he found a ball up by the green and asked what ball I was playing. I called it out loud so everyone could hear. Low and behold, it was my ball. Must have bounced off the rocks. The guy who didn't believe me said there was no possible way it was my ball. I told him that there was no way I could have dreamt up what kind of ball it was and that I have 11 more in my bag that match. Either way, it pissed me off. Next hole was a short 260 yard par 4. I put it on the green with my 3w and when we got up there, I asked if he wanted to debate if this one was my ball too. Missed my eagle putt but still made bird. When people call me out, it gives me motivation to do better.

I learned fairly early on to not mention my scores or distances to anyone that had not played with me many times.

There was always such a huge difference on both subjects between when I was playing well and not playing well that if someone had only seen me on a bad day there is no way in the world they would be able to believe any story from a good day.

I don't blame them because I wouldn't have believed it either.

my buddy once tried to accuse me of that. I cussed him out and then called him out on his lie he did earlier that I chose to ignore. I never lie and for one of my buddies to accuse me really pissed me off.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

"He said, whatever if you said you got five then fine"

Up until this part, I agree with you. If he said the quoted part, that's a smartass way of calling someone a cheat or a liar. I'd have HIM recite your shots and see where the discrepancy is.

Agreed.  Sounds like he was trying to be an a**.

Originally Posted by saevel25

Some people have to much pride to be wrong at anything

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

just forget about it.  Not a whole lot different awhile back on this forum when I was recalling   a round and we were discussing handicaps. I made an error in ESC and somebody pointed it out to me which was just fine, but then he commented:  "Looks as if you are giving yourself a little vanity cap there".  I more or less shrugged it off. Nobody here really knows me, and certainly no one here is in any position to judge anything about me. They are certainly free to disagree with something I may have said, or have a different opinion than mine, or even offer "friendly" advice even if it is unsolicited.  I try not to do that, but being human, I sometimes do the same thing, but I almost never judge the person . (I may have some reservations, but usually keep them to myself).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I can honestly say I've never been falsely accused. I've been questioned about things (like, where did you take that drop?), especially in tournaments, but never really been "accused" of cheating.

With others, I always take the approach of "questioning". It has rarely gotten to the point of "accusation". Just once, I told a guy who was arguing with me that he was flat out wrong. He had no defense in the end because he already had his ball in his hand in a situation where he thought he deserved a drop, and he didn't. When we got a ruling, he turned to me and said. "So, that's how it's going to be, eh?" (It was match play). I said, "yeah, because I play by the rules." Dude was pissed and flustered and was never in the game after that. That's how HE handled it.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!