IGNORED

Bad Breaks

laconic517
Note: This thread is 6084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You've had them, Ive had them, we've all had them. This thread is for the bad breaks, whether it be just regular bad breaks, or the worst breaks youve ever seen in person or on television. It can be a good shot gone horribly wrong, or a bad shot gone even worse. Ill start one off

Charles Howell III at the Buick Invitational, Tigers first win in a long time in 2005. Howell was 1 or 2 back heading into 18, which is the par 5(fairly sure its a 5) with water infront of the green. Howell is hitting a wedge, his ball literally goes into the hole on the fly, this ball was IN, somehow it bounces straight backwards out into the water. It was disgusting, if Tiger had still birdied 18 hed have tied Howell and thered have been a playoff, assuming the ball had gone in (which it did, then by some act of god came out).

Me personally, I hit a great shot all over the flag a few weeks ago, hits the stick, bounces straight over the green and up against a fence, it was horrible. When I first started out I also was pitching up a hill with a cart path next to me and water behind, my ball clipped a branch, hit the cart path going down hill, bounced about 3 times into the hazard, was unbelievable. Thats just one of many Ive seen, but ill need to try to jog my memory some to truly grasp how awful it was.

So post them, all of them, not hearsay, what youve seen.

This happened at our state section tournament back in my high school days. Kid hits par 4 in 2 has aboout a 25 foot birdie putt coming up. Lines up his put, gets over his ball and lets it go, traveling along fine when....Yup you guessed it, it hits a dog leg. Not a golf course dog leg, but an actual dog leg. I did't see this happen, but my teammate was in the group with the kid. I guess the dog that was sitting near the green and happened to get up and run in front of the ball while the kid was putting. They were not sure what the rule was so he played it where it ended up and wound up with a 3 putt.

X460 Tour Driver
S2H2 4 wood
mp32 irons
MP T Black Nickel 51&56 Wedges
Answer Putter

First hole at the Town of Colonie, I wiped my drive right under some trees. I get up to the ball and the lie isn't too bad, there's an opening that I can punch it out of back into the fairway. I hit a 3 iron off my back foot with my stance a little too open and it hits a tree and ricochets backwards and slips under the net into the driving range. Hello triple bogey, so nice to see you!

Home Course:
Town of Colonie (69.7-70.1, 119-125)

At my club stroke championship, I am playing with the club president.
7th hole, Par 5 uphill the last 60 yards.
Hits his 3rd shot on the green, spins it back off the green and it rolls 60 yards back.
Hits hit 4th shot back on the green about 10 feet above the hole and it sticks. Hits his 5th shot, a downhill putt, misses the hole gathers up speed and watches it go the entire 60 yards back down the hill.

He DQ'd himself out of the tournament as he put his ball in his pocket, he was so angry !!

Same hole, I am next to green in two, chipping up to near the hole in three so I can putt for my birdie from below the hole. I chip it up, the ball curls around, does not stop and goes the same 60 yards down the same hill.
I end up with a 7 as I made sure to leave myself an uphill putt after my next shot. Hello double-bogey !! NO DQ though

In my bag:

Driver: 8.5° Ping G2-Graffaloy Stiff
3Wood: 13° G2-Aldila NV65 Stiff
Hybrid: 16° Rescue-Aldila NV65 StiffIrons: MP-60 3-PW DG S300Wedges:56° SandVokey 60°Putter:34" 2 Ball TF lined

LOVE your avatar dwsell!!!

I forget the course but the hole was a loooong par 5 that I somehow managed to find the middle of the fairway of. I probably had about 230-250 to the front, so I grabbed my 3 wood, a club I am notoriously unable to hit, hoping to get it close. We had been paired up with a single who was really good and highly complimentary of my drive, so I was already fairly nervous standing over it.

I absolutely tattooed it. Perfect ball flight, dead straight, would have left me with an easy chip on. I don't know what it hit...a pine cone...a rock...a sprinkler cover...but it's first bounce was dead left and put me directly behind a massive oak tree in front of the green with no anlgle at the green at all. Had to chip flip over my club head to hit back on the fairway because it was so close to the trunk and ended up with something far worse than par...can't even recall what.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Just yesterday I was on the course and I was absolutely disgusted with my round. In the first 5 holes I ahd only made two pars, and I was sitting at +5. I was really unhappy. So we come up to #6, a 340yd par 4, and I decided that I was hitting driver. Now this bad course management to begin with, but I figured why not. Now there's a big creek running down the right side, and a bunch of trees down the left. This is definitely a two iron kind of hole. Well I rip my drive, straight down the pipe. I mean it was a beaut. It was so good I quit watching and picked up my tee and started smiling at my buddie. Then I see his mouth drop open and his eyes pop out of his head. Apparently my ball hit the little yardage block in the fairway or a sprinkler head or something because my ball took about a 40 yard kick straight through the fairway into the drink. I was disgusted. I couldn't even believe it.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

Oh my god JKillgore that must have been the worst thing ever. The only real bad breaks I've had are ripping drives and they land in a divot or hitting a perfect shot and it hits the smallest possible branch and cannons out of bounds, real annoying stuff.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I have had 2 mishaps on the 7th hole.

1- I was in the bunker from about 185 out, i pull a 5 iron and make nice contact, land on the green and hit the pin, it hit the pin hard and rolled really far right about 10 feet off the green.

2- 7th hole again, about 150 out, I hit a nice 8 iron, but a little left, it should have bounced off the hill and landed on the green, instead it hits a sprinkler cover dead on and rolls right again way off the green.

3- 4th hole im in a forest, and i try a hero shot trying to get onto the fairway, i hit a tree and the ball comes flying back at my head, luckily i had fast reflexes and dodged the ball, it was pretty sweet.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Haha, I've hit a tree before as well. I was in the rough from about 160, so I pull out a 7 Iron, and hit what trajectory and feel wise seemed to be a good shot, until it hit a tree and came right back at me.

Other than that, I've only really gotten several bad breaks from hitting the top of hills....for instance where one slope is to the green, the other into a bunker, my ball always seems to get the unlucky bounce.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

Note: This thread is 6084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!