IGNORED

Nike Covert Series

Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am thinking about getting the Nike Covert irons, driver, and a hybrid.  I was curious to see if anyone has played them this year (especially the irons) and can give me any feedback.  I am also curious to know if there if a difference between the "performance"  driver (white face) and the "tour" (black face) drivers.

Thanks!

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

Originally Posted by Teamanglerx

I am thinking about getting the Nike Covert irons, driver, and a hybrid.  I was curious to see if anyone has played them this year (especially the irons) and can give me any feedback.  I am also curious to know if there if a difference between the "performance"  driver (white face) and the "tour" (black face) drivers.

Thanks!

I can't answer the iron question.  But I can answer the driver question.

The Tour is a smaller head club and comes with a Kuro Kage Black instead of the regular which is a Kuro Kage Silver with a 460 head. I have the regular and really like the club.  I had a Cleveland DST and Callaway FTiQ prior to this and this club is lower spinning than both, and the adjustable loft gives me the ability to dial in the ball flight height.

The net result is that with the Nike set to 10.5 degrees and in the closed position, I carry the drives as long as the Cleveland, which was a 1" longer club.  Because the Nike is shorter I hit the center of the face that much more often.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Originally Posted by tspring182

I want the driver desperately!! Just need the price to come down lol

The prices just dropped a few days ago. http://www.golfsmith.com/search?s=covert

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I did a review of the drivers a few months ago: http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/nike_vr_s_covert_and_covert_tour_drivers_review

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Teamanglerx

Thanks!

Have you been able to swing any clubs yet?

I was able to swing both the VRS and this year's COVERT 6i yesterday.  Despite the rave reviews on both I didn't care much for the feel at impact.  Something just didn't feel right.

Then I decided to try the AP1 6i... swooooooonnn   But I'm happy with my pro cavities for now

Driver:Adams 9064LS 9.5 *stiff

3 Wood: Nike VRs

Hybrid: Adams A7 19*

Irons: Nike VRs Pro Cavity 4-AW

Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56'

Putter: Nike Method mc3i1

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bag: Ogio Assassin

Im in love with the Covert line.  Even if the technology really doesnt do anything special, it just looks so cool!

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Funny this popped up, I was just looking for a forum on this!

I've just bought the Covert VR_s driver after testing 6-7 clubs and can tell you it's absolutely transformed my driving! I took it out for the first time last night and literally (apart from 1), missiled it down the fairway.

It's been a weak point of my game for a while and I'm really pleased that I can replicate the form on the course that I had in the testing session. Especially happy as I've got my first club competition on sunday.

Ultimately it depends on what driver you using at the moment as to the difference you'll see. I was using an old Yonex V-Mass with a 9 Degree loft, which was passed on to me and picked up the 10.5 degree VR_s (non-tour). I would highly recommend it and it also installs confidence with it's fantastic looks at address.

Im in love with the Covert line.  Even if the technology really doesnt do anything special, it just looks so cool!

The covert dropped the spin rate for me a lot. I also hit this a lot better over my old 910 and when I tested the 913. Same for the 3 wood. The covert hybrid is my first hybrid so I can't really compare it to anything.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

The covert dropped the spin rate for me a lot. I also hit this a lot better over my old 910 and when I tested the 913. Same for the 3 wood. The covert hybrid is my first hybrid so I can't really compare it to anything.

Ive been watching them on Ebay and it seems like they are going for about $150 new right now.  I may pick one up this winter if the price is right.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Thanks for the info.  With the prices dropping on the entire line it makes them more tempting.  I just didn't want to go out and spend a ton of money on hype.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

• 7 months later...

Try Global Golf or Callaway preowned.  Global Golf is an authorized dealer and does have a great selection of new and used clubs.  You might save some bucks and get a mint condition driver in the specs you're looking for.

Global golf is awesome give it a go

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!