IGNORED

The best irons on the block?

Kelzzy
Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's are the best irons?

• Nike VR Pro Blades / VR Combo
    • Callaway RAZR Irons
    • Rocketbladez Irons / Combo Set
    • Ping I3 Irons
    • Other

Find the most forgiving irons that look good to your eye and give you confidence. Demo. I have the XHot Pros in KBS Tour 90

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you like the i3's you should add the i20's to your list to try out.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

A fitting is always good.

As a hdc 4 you should benefit a players club.

I just really love my Mizuno's MP59

I bought them just before the MP 64 came out

Think i would have them in the bag if that was an option.

I went true these clubs in my fitting:

1. Cobra AMP Forged

2. Callaway X Hot

3. Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

4. Titleist AP 2

5. Mizuno MP 59

Never been a huge fan off ping irons, i just can't seem to like that weird gap in the hosel.

Was fitted in KBS Tour stiff shafts.

Ended up liking the MP 59 most. It's that special soft Mizuno feel and classic shapes

what made me go with my MP59.

There still is a little forgiveness in them what is nice.

Check them out

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Originally Posted by tomvk77

A fitting is always good.

As a hdc 4 you should benefit a players club.

I just really love my Mizuno's MP59

I bought them just before the MP 64 came out

Think i would have them in the bag if that was an option.

I have been playing the MP-64s since the beginning of summer now. They are phenomenal! Definitely give them a look.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Since you swing just like Tiger, why aren't you considering the irons he uses?

I am. He uses Nike VR Pro Blades. I put those on the list, didn't I?

Originally Posted by Kelzzy

I'm currently using Ping I-3, white dot irons. I really like them, they are forgiving (duh) and pretty damn sweet off the club. However, they're wearing on me.. after all, they're old. The grooves in my PW are caving in, turning it in basically a hunk of club. The 8-iron is following as well, and same with some other clubs. All and all, I'm looking to get a new set of either a better club, or the same heads, just brand new.

I've talked with people who've told me most people find the irons they like and stick with them throughout their career. I know that to be true, however, I swung my friends Rocketbladez irons.. and wow. They were sweet. Popped off the head, really smooth through impact ... all and all really nice.

So this is with I come to you guys. I'm making a poll to find out what you guys, with experience with the clubs, what clubs are the best. I'm throwing in some Nike VR Pro Blades as well and others, as I had those on mind.

If it's not on the list, reply with your idea!

As long as it's Nike you cant go wrong, I looove my Nike blades LOL

I realize that spamming is against the rules and may result in my banning if I continue.

• 1 year later...
I feel that Cleveland makes excellent clubs. It seems that Cleveland doesn't have the following that Taylor ping or calloway have but I think the clubs are better. Everyone sleeps on Cleveland. I have been fit and played many other brands and can truly say that Cleveland irons particularly the ta7 tours have exceptional feel and accuracy.

I don't think there is a "best" these days. Most of the major brands do a decent job of producing quality product. The best club for an individual is one that fits his/her eye and swing.

I think Titleist may do the best job of covering game improvement through purist blade without overwhelming with choices. I think Callaway, Mizuno, and TM also do this except for the overwhemling choices part. PING is great but don't really have a traditional blade. The other major brands are equal in quality if one of there offerings suits your eye better.  The connoisseur/purist with a little thicker wallet might gravitate toward Miura or Scratch.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!