IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

Sounds promising! Looking forward to the videos

Will try and record very soon.. wasn't able to the past couple of days.

Went out today and played at http://www.riyadhgolfcourses.com/ and ended up with 50/45 - 95

Basically it was a disaster off the T(Wood/Driver) & Hybrids.. I am not able to find the ball at all.. Duffs, pop ups and worm burners!

My irons / short game / putting was the only reason the score wasn't closer to 110 basically.. it was like I was working against my self, but for me this is expected and normal and I am not going to sound the alarm bells (not that anyone is listening).

Highlights with my irons were a couple of 8i shots from about 150 or so to within 10 feet (still missed both birdi putts :( )

I probably need a few sessions at the range with just my 3W & Driver to start finding the ball again, will update soon with the video!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Will probably have to go back to steady head, but the picture is changing for sure.. I can't wait for the day I say good bye to out-in swings forever!

Not going to even pretend I know what I'm doing in the next two..

Eyad

I just wanted to point one thing out, only because it's something that was just pointed out to me as well. It looks like you are starting the backswing with just your arms and it's causing the clubhead to be behind your hands at parallel. I don't know if this is something anyone who is smarter than I am thinks should be addressed though. Just a thought.

Hopefully you can see the similarities between you and I at this point and where Adam Scott is. Both you and I seem to have our shoulder turn well behind where he is at this point and our club heads are pointed more left of where his is. I was able to rectify this by focusing on turning my right shoulder back to start the backswing. But, like I said, I may be off and this isn't something that is an issue.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I just wanted to point one thing out, only because it's something that was just pointed out to me as well. It looks like you are starting the backswing with just your arms and it's causing the clubhead to be behind your hands at parallel. I don't know if this is something anyone who is smarter than I am thinks should be addressed though. Just a thought.[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/99505/] [/URL] Hopefully you can see the similarities between you and I at this point and where Adam Scott is. Both you and I seem to have our shoulder turn well behind where he is at this point and our club heads are pointed more left of where his is. I was able to rectify this by focusing on turning my right shoulder back to start the backswing. But, like I said, I may be off and this isn't something that is an issue.

Thanks for that.. You are right there is a lot of similarities! I am thinking that this could be a priority of mine or the fact I'm still going from shallow to steep in my BS compared to my DS. This could also be causing some of my troubles with the long woods because they are heavier and harder to liff and control with my hands only.. I'll post my priority to see if I can benefit from your feel.. Thanks again

Eyad

Quick update:  I'm progressing nicely even though I haven't seen that consistent improvement on the course.. mainly due to the fact that my swing is still changing as you can see below..  I have been making so many changes basically I have given up on trying to figure anything out.. Just do as Stephan says I say.

Eyad

• Administrator

Two notes:

1. Please put the befores on the left and the afters on the right.
  2. You won't push off the ground with your right foot. It doesn't happen in a good golf swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Looking really good my friend, good work

Thanks Henry.. I guess I don't have to guess who you are rooting for right? :banana:

Two notes:

Please put the befores on the left and the afters on the right.

You won't push off the ground with your right foot. It doesn't happen in a good golf swing

Thanks Erik.. I will do that, you are right it is much more readable the other way around.

I went back and listened to my lesson again and you are right.. Stephan just wants me to almost feel like I am pushing off the ground with the right foot after being in a squat position at A6, my priority is to get that right leg a little straighter and my back a little more extended, I just expressed my self poorly above, so thanks for the clarification!

I hope I can find a good feel to get me doing this piece quickly..  Any good ideas?

Eyad

Played well today at +0 (3 birdies, 3 bogies, 3 pars) at the executive course I usually play.. (Par 34 , 2200 roughly)

I was +1 going into 8 and pitched my second short, and ended up getting it on and then hitting the putt for par, on hole 9 I hit it to 12 ft maybe, and I hit my putt pretty good, but it basically circled the hole and popped up and sat on the edge.. I stood there for about 2.5 - 3 seconds and as soon as I took my next step towards the hole it fell.. (all I could think about was that long thread on how long you can wait before being assessed a stroke or something :) )  great finish!

My putting stroke probably needs some work, but I was lights out today with 5 one putts from various distances.  (can't wait to get my Edel putter)

Even though I am still working on changing my swing I am finally finding the ball again, and my ball striking has been much better.

I need to start working on my Driver and 3W going forward, so I will ask Stephan if I should start submitting video of those instead of my 8i.  I just can't hit those 2 clubs for what it is worth.. not going to even guess why, will just work through what ever I have to!

Eyad

Just a couple simple things with your putting since you asked. Question to start though: How much loft is on your putter? The reason I ask is because that can play an important role in how you aim your putter, how much shaft lean you should or shouldn't use, etc. For example, my putter has 2 degrees of loft on it, so I never use any forward press. Matt Kuchar has like 7 degrees of loft on his putter or something like that, and he uses a lot of lean.

Rest the putter head directly behind the ball, not an inch behind it. It appears as if the putter face is aimed right of your target line, so you have to be aware of where the face is pointing. When picking your start line, it really helps to aim at an intermediate target only 2-4 inches in front of your ball, and the face needs to be aimed there. If you aim right -- like it appears you are doing in this video -- then you'll have to make compensations to get it aimed on the line you want the ball to start. Tiger Woods actually does this too, just not as much as you're doing here, so if you putt well doing this, then maybe don't listen to me, but if you're struggling to hit start lines, this is something for you to look at.

Reading the green is critical, speed is critical, stroke is critical, but aiming your putter correctly, is just as critical. When you play, you don't necessarily want to get line-locked and forget about speed, but this is something you should practice and be more aware of.

Secondly, your hands are very much "separate" when gripping the club. Luke Donald here has a more "unified grip," and you can accomplish this in a number of ways. Reverse overlap, double overlap, whatever feels comfortable to you. Unifying the hands more makes it easier to align the forearms correctly (to my knowledge). The triangle formed by your arms would be more symmetrical, and this will affect path.

Again, and I can't stress this enough, but putting is extremely subjective. You don't have to do what Luke is doing here, but it's helpful to be aware of what good players do when they setup and grip the club.

From DTL, you should be aware of where your feet and shoulders are aligned. The feet are aimed right, but the shoulders are aimed slightly left. Try to align those together. I think the feet alignment could be a result of the grip you're using, but I'm not sure.

Again, if you feel you are a great putter, disregard what I'm saying. This stuff is really subjective and people can putt great with all sorts of idiosyncrasies. But I think because of the grip your path seems to be out-to-in. It's a very small arc that we all tend to putt on, but that arc should be slightly inward on the backswing. Perhaps this why it appears you tend to set the putter head slightly right at address.

Lastly, I could be wrong since these are two dimensional images, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I concede I could be wrong on a lot of this, and if so, hopefully someone corrects me.

Constantine

• Administrator

Secondly, your hands are very much "separate" when gripping the club. Luke Donald here has a more "unified grip," and you can accomplish this in a number of ways. Reverse overlap, double overlap, whatever feels comfortable to you. Unifying the hands more makes it easier to align the forearms correctly (to my knowledge). The triangle formed by your arms would be more symmetrical, and this will affect path.

That stands out immediately to me.

Look up the double reverse overlap grip @Abu3baid .

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thank you @JetFan1983 for all of that.. I appreciate it [phew I got that out of the way before getting into his black list] very much! No but seriously those are some good observations especially my set up issues.. I wonder how much the grip had to do with my set up problems, I look so unorthodox the way I'm standing! Having said that Thanks @iacas for the suggestion and I'm not wasting any time.. Implemented and will go with it going forward.. In a perfect world I want to have a pretty decent stroke before getting fitted for my edel putter.. Why I like the most about this now is that I can see how different length take always is producing different distances, and I feel more control with my start lines already! I'm sure it will take some time to adjust to, but not any more than my full swing changes!

Eyad

Thank you @JetFan1983 for all of that.. I appreciate it [phew I got that out of the way before getting into his black list] very much!

No but seriously those are some good observations especially my set up issues.. I wonder how much the grip had to do with my set up problems, I look so unorthodox the way I'm standing!

Having said that Thanks @iacas for the suggestion and I'm not wasting any time.. Implemented and will go with it going forward.. In a perfect world I want to have a pretty decent stroke before getting fitted for my edel putter..

Why I like the most about this now is that I can see how different length take always is producing different distances, and I feel more control with my start lines already! I'm sure it will take some time to adjust to, but not any more than my full swing changes!

My pleasure. The funny thing is, I'm reading Lowest Score Wins right now, and my post to you has a ton of stuff from the book in it.

Hey @iacas , you can never say I don't listen to you or don't remember the things you say :-D

Constantine

I have decided that I will take a step back from my iron work with the Evolvr guys.  Instead I am going to start working on my 3W&Dr; instead as this has a much higher SV in my opinion and this is where I will see the quickest improvement!

Video sent and let the work get started (again).. wish I did this the first time, but I can't exactly be upset as my iron play is so much better now.

Eyad

Below are the video's sent in to Evolvr..  It is really obvious that the problems I am having with steady head are multiplied once I start swinging a long club like a 3w or a driver as compared to my irons.. In both recordings I wasn't able to make good contact.. (I'll let you see for your own)

There are so many things that need addressing, I'm not even going to worry about it right now!  I'm sure I'll find out what the priority piece will be soon (ehm ehm.. Key# 1 on both the BS & DS)

Eyad

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your head is pretty steady on the backswing. You just seem to shift your whole upper body towards the target on the downswing, instead of just your hips, so you don't seem to get good secondary tilt. That may be where your inconsistency is coming from. It goes without saying that you should listen to what your instructor says. I just wanted to point out my observations. Also, watch your camera position on the DTL view, it appears to be too much towards the ball. Ideal position is down your foot line.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Also, watch your camera position on the DTL view, it appears to be too much towards the ball. Ideal position is down your foot line.

Uh huh.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your head is pretty steady on the backswing. You just seem to shift your whole upper body towards the target on the downswing, instead of just your hips, so you don't seem to get good secondary tilt. That may be where your inconsistency is coming from.

It goes without saying that you should listen to what your instructor says. I just wanted to point out my observations.

Also, watch your camera position on the DTL view, it appears to be too much towards the ball. Ideal position is down your foot line.

You are correct about the lack of secondary tilt on the DS as seen below.. Also, my steady head in terms of lateral movement seems ok like you mentioned.  It is the down up and down movement that probably needs work.  I think my posture is ok, but you can see how once I get into A4 I don't do my self any favors at all, as I am not looking at the ball with the center of my eyes any more as I am during set up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by billchao

Uh huh.

I took a look at the videos for the DTL taping, but I'm not really sure what am I should do differently than above?  The camera seems to be perpendicular to my target line.. Maybe you mean I should move it more to the left until the white stick is in the middle?  Any help would be appreciated.. I know this will help in the analysis to have it correct.

Eyad