IGNORED

Im constantly misreading greens

APrince
Note: This thread is 3843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

good speed is a factor. so if youre serious about putting the speed is most important. if you have the right line and you smash it and it goes 20 feet past the hole thats not exactly...well...you know. if you are slightly ioff with your line and you get the perfect speed, its only about a 2 foot putt. at least on those 10 footers. 50 footers youre looking to get it close but most cant get it within 3 feet. so speed is crucial.

The problem is that most amateurs don't know if they had the line or not with that type of putt. Its always good to fix the read first, then they can zone in on distance control.

Of course speed is critical, there is a nice thread about "Capture Speed" on putts. I always try to get the putt to go in on the last 2 rotations, which would mean the ball would end up about 6 inches behind the hole if it missed.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i wouldnt worry about the putting stroke. putting is feel and needs to be your own personal thing. there are of course fundamentals like grip and setup, but the stroke isnt important. what you need to do is hit the ball somewhere near the hole on long putts, and try to make those 3 footers. reading greens is easy. you do what you normally do but dont overthink. just read if the slope is going to the left or right and how much. then you align properly, you hit the putt, and it either goes in or it doesnt. statistics show that pros dont even make 75 percent of 5 footers. so youre not a bad putter, it just needs to be automatic for you.

You don't go by the name of Koonu by any chance, do you?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

You don't go by the name of Koonu by any chance, do you?

Pop up and do less and remember the weather outside is weather

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!