IGNORED

PGA Championship Thread!

Puttin4Bird
Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw it. But bear in mind, "Tiger's not in contention."

I have made one hole in one this far. While you are reading this, I am most likely out on the tee trying to sink another one

Oh, he horseshoed his put for a 62. That would have been the record for any major. He looked pissed but how can you after a 63?
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

A fan yells from the gallery: "Hey Rory, err..., lamebums, do you still think Tiger's not in contention????"

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

Its great to see Tiger up in front. I can't wait till I can watch it tomorrow either since no cable means no first two rounds. At least Tiger is in contention now.... :)
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

i watched some of coverage earlier, was nice to see daly hanging on in there and going for the greens on the par 4 with driver! hes got some balls! tiger is in a league of his own, i wathced his front 9 and saw his magical 7 iron that he hit to a about 2 feet. but i still think that Els is yet to peek in this tournament, so watch out for him on the weekend.

Is there any reason to watch the weekend?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Nope. And I don't intend to. When Tiger's in the lead, I change the channel. Ugh.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

yeah, too see who finishes 2nd - 5th.....I want to see if Woody Austin can sustain his good play, as well as Verplank........

Nope. And I don't intend to. When Tiger's in the lead, I change the channel. Ugh.

How can you say that with a straight face? You guys are getting to watch golf history in the making when he is playing like this. I'm not a huge rah, rah Tiger Woods is God kind of person, but just think about it. You can't tell me that as a fan of golf and if you happen to appreciate the history that you haven't once thought, "man it would be neat to have been able to see Jack, Arnie, (insert golf legend of choice) in their prime."

That is what you get every time Tiger tees it up. Then he goes and does something sick like this and throws a record round up. So the likelihood of having Bubba Watson, Hunter Mahan, or Ryan Moore chasing down a field to claim their first major, get over it. Everyone should just appreciate that they are lucky enough to see history in the making as it happens, to me that is pretty damn cool.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

How can you say that with a straight face? You guys are getting to watch golf history in the making when he is playing like this. I'm not a huge rah, rah Tiger Woods is God kind of person, but just think about it. You can't tell me that as a fan of golf and if you happen to appreciate the history that you haven't once thought, "man it would be neat to have been able to see Jack, Arnie, (insert golf legend of choice) in their prime."

I realize that, but i also feel the same way about him being in the lead.. just for the fact that i get tired of watching everyone collapse around him. Id rather see a good solid tournament ending in a play off like the British, then watch Tiger destroy the field. I respect his skill and what he's done and will do, but I dont particularly like him as a golfer or person. That said I'll watch the rest of the tournament but if it turns in to the Bridgestone Invitational on Sunday.. i'll go play golf instead.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Amazing how many favorites didn't make the cut: Furyk, Singh, Cabrera, DiMarco, Romero, etc

Amazing how TW came from behind, like last week. 2-3 weeks ago the press was saying he couldn't finish unless he was in the lead after the first round. He sure has disproved that thought.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I realize that, but i also feel the same way about him being in the lead.. just for the fact that i get tired of watching everyone collapse around him. Id rather see a good solid tournament ending in a play off like the British, then watch Tiger destroy the field. I respect his skill and what he's done and will do, but I dont particularly like him as a golfer or person.

It's not Tiger's fault the rest of the world curls up and cries in the fetal position when playing against him.

Hopefully someone will rise to the challenge (Verplank perhaps?). I'll watch as much as I can this weekend regardless of the lead only because you are watching history being made.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What is it about success that just pisses people off and makes them bitter? Tiger is one of the greatest golfers ever, has a ton of talent, very passionate about what he does, but that makes him arrogant, cocky, etc. Barry Bonds is one of the greatest baseball players ever. 750+ home runs, over 500 stolen bases, 8 gold gloves, but people found a way to hate him and pin "steroids" on him when nothing has been proven to this day.

It's ridiculous. Why can't there be successful athletes these days? Why does everyone have to put a negative connotation on everyone that is talented and confident in their abilities.

Sorry to get off topic. Just irritating seeing this all the time.

/rant

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

....I respect his skill and what he's done and will do, but I dont particularly like him as a golfer or person.

Um, what?!?!? You respect his skill but dont [sic] particularly like him as a golfer? Huh?!?

I think Clubswinger's hit the nail on the head. I want to see a challenge, and various people win, not Tiger take it and run away with it. It's...boring. When it's too obvious who's going to win - and by a massive margin - I stop tuning in. Hell, I even stopped watching the Bengals game when they destroyed Green Bay last year, what, 41 to 3 at half time?

I know Tiger's a great golfer, and probably one of the best ever (until he beats Jack's record I still say Jack's the best ever, though), but it's just not exciting to see one guy 10 strokes ahead of the field and everyone else is playing for second.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

....and everyone else is playing for second.

It can be quite the battle playing for 2nd...or 3rd...or 4th...etc

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!