IGNORED

PGA Championship Thread!

Puttin4Bird
Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

okay..for the record..Sergio misses a putt from two feet with his belly putter, signs an incorrect scorecard and gets DQed.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that, but i also feel the same way about him being in the lead.. just for the fact that i get tired of watching everyone collapse around him. Id rather see a good solid tournament ending in a play off like the British, then watch Tiger destroy the field. I respect his skill and what he's done and will do, but I dont particularly like him as a golfer or person.

I can't fault you for preferring to play golf instead of watch a blow out, but saying you don't particularly like Tiger as a person or golfer? I understand how you can have someone else as a fav, certainly that is even the case for me, but what is not to like about Tiger's golf game? He has it all, the man can play golf, period.

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

When i say i dont like him as a golfer.. I just dont like the guy, his persona, who he is on the course or in the press room. Im not saying i dont like his golf game.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

okay..for the record..Sergio misses a putt from two feet with his belly putter, signs an incorrect scorecard and gets DQed.

Golf.com article said that Boo Weekly wrote down the wrong score for Sergio at the 17th and Sergio signed it. You would think at this level of play there would be more checks and balances going on; like you, your partner, and your caddy keeping score and then you compare them at the end of the round to see if they all agree.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Tiger Woods: 260-270-yard 2-iron?!! Wow.

FYI: He's a freak.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Verplank doubles 12 (ouch) and now Tiger Woods is 5 clear on Saturday afternoon. Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

For what it's worth I can't have Tiger on my mind as a selection this week. As I'm sure has been said elsewhere, Southern Hills isn't overly long, but you want a guy who can shape the ball, and hit v accurate irons off the tee/into the greens. Woods putted very well over here at Carnoustie, just in order to stay in the top dozen. But last week not so good, despite his 8 shot win. I just don't see that Southern Hills "fits his eye" - Tiger's description of Firestone.

I need add nothing to my earlier post. Boy Thursday seems a long time ago. I stand well and truly corrected !!!

It's over. It's sad we don't have to watch tomorrow...we'll, at least until the celebration.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
It's over. It's sad we don't have to watch tomorrow...we'll, at least until the celebration.

I'll be watching (and live blogging it - please join me). I like seeing golf history being made.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger Woods: 260-270-yard 2-iron?!! Wow.

^ Nothing new, but im pretty sure Nick Faldo said that one 2 iron went close to 300 yards. Thats crazy long even in that heat. Possible outcome: Steph Ames wows the crowds and shoots a spell binding 65 to eclipse Tiger by 1 shot. Likely outcome: Tiger Woods shoots a 3 under 67 while not a single player within 7 shots of the lead can muster an under par round.. and Tiger wins by 7 shots.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I like seeing golf history being made.

I'll be tuned in myself, we're getting to see the best golfer in the history of the game in his prime. We should all be happy we can tell our kids and grandkids that we got to watch Tiger Woods completely take over events.

Interesting question today from Jason Sobel's ESPN.com live blog. "If Tiger holds on to this lead, that will be four PGA titles, equaling his four Masters. Do you think he'll end up with more Wanamaker Trophies than green jackets?" Interesting question, I'm inclined to say he'll have more Masters, being at Augusta National year after year is the reason for that. Once in a while he may end up on a PGA Championship venue he doesn't particularly like.

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I'll be watching (and live blogging it - please join me). I like seeing golf history being made.

lol, well, yeah, I mean, it's still golf, and it will still be exciting to see if Tiger can hold onto the lead. I'm pretty sure he will, but I guess ya never know.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

What a great golf tournament. That final round ended up being far more exciting than I thought it was going to be. Congratulations to Tiger on his 13th major! Although I'm glad the tournament is over because I don't think I could stand to watch his cocky club twirl even one more time. Also congrats to Ernie Els for making such a strong move and major congrats to Woody Austin. Woody kept his nerves in check and played a great round and was a lot of fun to watch. It was fun seeing him get the crowd into it. I will say I gained a lot of respect for Woody this week.

Oh yeah, congrats to John Daly for actually making a cut.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

It was great, I sure hope some of the members of this board that were claiming they wouldn't watch because Tiger was going to win came to their senses and tuned in. It was exciting and even for a few minutes it had me wondering if Tiger would get beat.

I agree, the club twirl is cocky, but I love it. What's wrong with having a little showmanship in golf? He'll hardly admit he is cocking off by doing it, but again I think it's cool.

Home...

It was great, I sure hope some of the members of this board that were claiming they wouldn't watch because Tiger was going to win came to their senses and tuned in. It was exciting and even for a few minutes it had me wondering if Tiger would get beat.

I like the club twirl as well. I don't think it is cocky though, more of a display of confidence. Plus who doesn't like the feeling after they've just hit a fantastic shot. I'm sure if you really wanted to look at all the little habits of golfers you'd find that most people have some indication of the shot they've just hit.

My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

I like the club twirl as well. I don't think it is cocky though, more of a display of confidence. Plus who doesn't like the feeling after they've just hit a fantastic shot. I'm sure if you really wanted to look at all the little habits of golfers you'd find that most people have some indication of the shot they've just hit.

I noticed Woody Austin himself do the club twirl at least a couple times during the round. I don't think it's all that unusual.

Heck - I'd probably do it too if I hit the occassional good shot!

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!