IGNORED

What does your screen name / username come from?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 2848 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine comes from a movie called Suicide Kings. Christopher Walken is in it as a mafia boss. At one point in the movie, he's calling out all the guys that kidnapped him, and he says one of the guys is a control freak... then says no, you're a control junkie. It pretty much fit me perfect because I have to try to be in control all of the time, so I first used that name as my XBL gamertag, and it stuck.

And it's cool to see another Pink Floyd fan on here too!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time when I joined this forum, I was still pretty big into Titleist. Also, Im from the great state of Wisconsin. So, I chose TitleistWI.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

"Dr. Strangeclub or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Learned to Love the Game -- Sort of"

very nice-----a play on a classic movie

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

dan d.is the alias of Night Owl----My fav character in The Graphic Novel The Watchmen. I guess I be a geek!!!!!

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

My initals and the first "big time" set of clubs I ever got. My parents bought me the Titleist DCI 990s back in 2001. awesome!
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Made up the name "zegamorphos" for a MUD (text-based precursor to the MMORPGs of today) because it sounded good at the time (15 years ago). It was a bit long, though, so I shortened it, and zeg is a short nick that's usually available.

Heh. Mine was something I settled on for a MUD back in the late 80s/90s. Was playing a lot of Led Zep at the time. Only problem was other MUDders thinking my character was female!

Meddle = my favorite Pink Floyd album

Pretty cool. Animals for me but "Echoes" is an awesome track.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to hit my chips fat, and I grew up in a part of the country that spells chili with two Ls.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

roberto alomar fan

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

My initials plus a plane I used to fly in the Navy. Also happens to be my initials plus my dog's name.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

not very original but 2 reason for adamsgolf, first adams is my family name and they were also the first set of irons i bought myself of ebay, 81 is my year of birth.

In my sasquatch tour stand bag i carry
G15 driver 9 degree
diablo edge 3 wood
G10 5 wood
diablo 3 hybrid X-22 (4-pw) 588 (52 degree) (60 degree) redwood putter

After retiring, I moved to Texas while my wife stayed behind to finish up the sale of our house. I found new work, bought a new house and moved everything in before my wife ever got here. So I was in Texas and flying "solo". It's been my user name on various boards for 3 years.

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

When I first started posting on messageboards back in 2006 I believe, they were fantasy football forums. I wanted to show with my name that I still loved the Jets above any fantasy bullshit that could easily ruin my enjoyment of the actual game if I let it. It's pretty lame, but I've kept it.

Constantine

I just put my name (not all of the surname) as my username.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Mines quite obvious,i first saw Tiger doing the bouncing the ball trick and smashing it like a baseball at the end,i thought that was pretty cool,i soon got into golf and the bug bit me...but im actually a huge Garcia fan as the years have gone on...

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

My grandfathers nickname and real name put together. I can't even remember when i started using it.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Note: This thread is 2848 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!