IGNORED

If you could be any athlete...

mcecki
Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golfer-Phill Mickelson who would not want to go home to Amy?

Non Golfer-Derek Jeter single rich and a Yankee?Not bad

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger Woods...he is not close to my favorite athlete but the sheer athleticim and strength he possesses its definitely something to covet. However, I would like to have his upper body and try to shape my game up on my own. LOL. Another guy with a great upper body for sports is T.O. As much as I cannot stand him, he can do things on a football field few can match.

Golf: Tiger Woods--Not passing judgement, but I find it hard not to chose him. He grew up with parents who loved and cherished him. They taught him to be a great person first, then a great golfer. His annual income is double the second place person (Phil). When it's all said and done, he's projected to be the one of the few, if not the only, athlete to earn over a $1 billion in his career. While some may feel he's somewhat aloof and doesn't mingle with the crowds enough, his game is respected by all. He's got a hottie for a wife, a kid named Sam and a bunch friends that are on the lists of who's who as well as some no-name guys. He has a charity that donates a boatload of money each year. All this and he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. The guy seems genuine and very well rounded to me.

Non-golf: With all due respects to Dale Sr., my choice is Aryton Senna. Sure, Michael has more championships. But, Senna drove with more fire and passion. When he crashed and died, the officials inspected his car. In the wreckage, they found the national flag of another driver that was killed during practice prior to the race. He was going to fly it when he won to pay homage to his fallen fellow racer.

DT

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

• 2 years later...
Golf: Tiger Woods-- He grew up with parents who loved and cherished him. They taught him to be a great person first, then a great golfer. While some may feel he's somewhat aloof and doesn't mingle with the crowds enough, his game is respected by all. He's got a hottie for a wife, a kid named Sam and a bunch friends that are on the lists of who's who as well as some no-name guys. He has a charity that donates a boatload of money each year. All this and he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. The guy seems genuine and very well rounded to me.

So how's this opinion of yours working out for you now???

Golfer: Ian Poulter

Non-Golfer: Tim Howard (US Goalkeeper?keeper for UK team Everton)

Varsity_Golf
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

Golfer: Ryo Ishikawa. Got to love that swing.

Non-golfer: Usain Bolt. Awesome and looks like he's having a blast while obliterating everyone, everywhere.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golfer: Tiger

Non Golfer: Richie McCaw ( All Blacks captain ). Tough as hell, and just a good guy

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Golfer - Tiger

Non Golfer - Roger Federer

two modern day greats.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Golfer-Jamie Sadlowski. Hitting 400yd balls would just be fun. I'd head straight for the big break 12.

Non-golfer-Randy Orton. Big, young, tough & reasonably lean in an industry full of overstuffed roid ragers. Having a crowd that large cheering/booing you every night would be a blast.

If you could be any athlete in the world, who would you be?

Sean Avery is an embarassment to the NHL! He's a goon, a jerk and a bigot. He's embarassed himself many times through his actions and his words. His commment about french players and visors, very classy. His comment to Dion Phaneuf about '' sloppy seconds''? Very classy. His back to the play, screening Martin Brodeur and waiving his arms like a monkey? Looked great for the NHL. Give me a freakin' break. If you aspire to be like Sean Avery, I feel for you, man.You want someone who can be tough and score goals, look elsewhere like a Jarome Iginla or a Wendel Clark. My choice: Athlete: Wayne Gretzky, classy gentleman, leader, goal scorer, canadian icon. Golfer: Phil ''The Thrill'' Mickelson, as we have a similar style of game, always going for broke.

Golfer. I guess I'd have to pick Phil before all the cancer stuff. He has always won and that would be fun to be that talented.

Non-golfer. I really would just want to be a unknown indepenently hugely wealthy person who owns 5 houses, a private jet, a bunch of incredible cars, has some charities and businesses, and help make the world a better place. I don't think being famous would be that great unless you like cheating on your wife and being bothered all the time. This is totally unrelated but has anyone seen the new nissan super car (GS-R I think). There is one I see all the time and it is unreal.

Brian

Golfer - Tiger (skills only)

hunters, like poker players, aren't athletes.

golfer: gotta say tiger from the year 2000 non-golfer: christiano ronaldo, in which case i'd abruptly leave spain and move to liverpool to play the rest of my days. i'd call up stevie g, fernando, and javier and let them know it's time to bring glory back to anfield.

Golfer: Rocco Mediate or Tom Watson (minus the age). Both very classy guys and two of my favorite players. It would be nice to have everyone cheering you on as you walk down the 18th.
Non-Golfer: Miroslav Klose (German National Soccer Team Striker) My favorite soccer player tied 4th all-time for the most World Cup goals. I'm going with a German just because my whole mother's side was born in Germany so I identify with them, and yes I know Klose was born in Poland, but he's still on the German team.

• 2 weeks later...
So how's this opinion of yours working out for you now???

I was thinking the same thing, It's funny to go back and look at people's comments (myself included) before all of this. I was blindsided, i never thought he would have done something like this. If Tim Tebow turns out to be a bad guy you might have to hide my shoestrings, cause i don't think i could go through another let down.

oh and Phil and Tim Tebow

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

I would have been Lebron and then signed with Cleveland.lol

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!