IGNORED

"One, ha ha ha!"

vct33
Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's the same person that sings "And many more!" at the end of the birthday song. It was maybe funny the first time it was said, now it's just sadly unoriginal.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saying "One" is such and old joke that anyone who says it should be smacked.

It's very important to follow up with a "Two" when the ball is placed back on the tee. Now that's funny.

That's true, I think the next tee shot is your third.

One is kind.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

One is kind.

What if you hit a 3 wood as the ball lie in the tee box?  Isn't that your 2nd shot?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

What if you hit a 3 wood as the ball lie in the tee box?  Isn't that your 2nd shot?

Sure, but it sounds like he would prefer to tee it up again rather than play it. I tend to play it, but those nice pristine par 4 or par 5 tee boxes get mucked up with divots. Lucky for me I have only done this twice in a little over three years of playing, and those were on really windy days when the ball nearly topples off by itself.

To the OP, get some brush tees. They seem to hold the ball in place pretty nicely, so you don't need to tweak it once teed up.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Pretty sure it doesn't count as a stroke if you accidentally knock the ball off the tee.

It doesn't, that's why some people consider it funny to say "one".

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Pretty sure it doesn't count as a stroke if you accidentally knock the ball off the tee.

Yeah, I read a article about how that was one of the glaring errors in the novel, "Golf in the Kingdom."

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Why is there a moron in every group that has to say "One" and then laugh when you knock the ball off the tee?  It's so freaking annoying and with my pre-shot routine I knock the ball off the tee at least once or twice a round.

I'd say that you should improve your routine.  If you provide the ammunition, someone is going to use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

One is kind.

No it isn't - it wasn't a stroke when you knocked the ball off the tee because the ball was not in play.  If you choose to not tee it for the next try (I've no idea why anyone would do that), it's still just your first stroke.  It's only a stroke if the player makes a stroke.  Once a stroke has been made, the ball is in play, and then it is a penalty if you cause it to move by any means other than a stroke.

Stroke

A “stroke’’ is the forward movement of the club made with the intention of striking at and moving the ball, but if a player checks his downswing voluntarily before the clubhead reaches the ball he has not made a stroke.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I'd say that you should improve your routine.  If you provide the ammunition, someone is going to use it.

No it isn't - it wasn't a stroke when you knocked the ball off the tee because the ball was not in play.  If you choose to not tee it for the next try (I've no idea why anyone would do that), it's still just your first stroke.  It's only a stroke if the player makes a stroke.  Once a stroke has been made, the ball is in play, and then it is a penalty if you cause it to move by any means other than a stroke.

And if you are about to putt and the ball moves even an insignificant amount (say a dung beetle was walking by the ball and mistook it for food ;-) ), it's a penalty.   Tongue in cheek.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

So, if it is accidentally knocked off then a penalty stroke is incurred and the ball must be replaced? I think the clubhead reaches the ball, and the intention was to move it. Or, does it not count?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

So, if it is accidentally knocked off then a penalty stroke is incurred and the ball must be replaced? Or, does it not count?

If it is accidentally knocked off of the tee, it is not a stroke and you may replace it. Until you make a stroke, it isn't in play.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Okay, I over penalized myself two times in three years. I'm buying a rule book for my bag.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Am I the only one who likes that joke?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I always make a remark when someone knocks the ball off the tee because it's funny and I react to funny things.  Some of the quips might be:

"Sometimes a bunt is the smartest play"

"Strike one"

"Is he allowed to re-tee?" (to partners)

"Next one is off the deck"

(Yes I'm aware that it is not really a stroke).

So, if it is accidentally knocked off then a penalty stroke is incurred and the ball must be replaced?

I think the clubhead reaches the ball, and the intention was to move it.

Or, does it not count?

Read what was written above.  If you haven't made a stroke at the ball then it is not in play and there is no penalty.  If you have already swung and whiffed the ball, then it is in play and there is a penalty.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Read what was written above.  If you haven't made a stroke at the ball then it is not in play and there is no penalty.  If you have already swung and whiffed the ball, then it is in play and there is a penalty.

Maybe off topic, but if you whiff, can you then hit your next ball off the tee?

Maybe off topic, but if you whiff, can you then hit your next ball off the tee?

Yes

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!