IGNORED

My Swing (RFKFREAK)

RFKFREAK

You look a lot more stable at the end of the swing in the top video which is cool, though I still think the flared feet would be helpful.  :-P   Perhaps later. Like someone mentioned earlier your backswing is very, very fast which isn't necessary and makes it hard to tell what you're doing with your hands.  I think the reason you have no lag with the club is because you aren't utilizing your wrists.  At address your wrists are tilted forward, towards the head of the club, and your arms and club form roughly a long straight line, right?  I have a feeling this isn't changing much at all during your swing.  When you take your backswing they need to hinge back the opposite way (towards your right shoulder) so that your arms and club form the letter L instead. Be sure not to lose your flat left wrist when you do this. This should get the clubhead behind your wrists and create the lag you're looking for on the downswing. Check out this video, this is one of my favorites and watch it from time to time to remind myself how to do the backswing: Edit:  Here is the follow-up video about the downswing, also very good:

Wow, how did I not see this response? Thanks for the help. I feel like my swing has greatly improved since I first started posting here a few weeks ago. I also took a few practice swings at home and feel like a lot of the advice that is in these videos I've incorporated somewhat into my new swing. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to the range this week to try it the swing so all I do is go and do swings in my yard. I videotaped a few and at least with the face on view, I was able to see my hands being in front of the imaginary ball at impact and a pretty straight front arm. I'm playing tomorrow afternoon with a buddy of mine and hopefully I'll do well with the swing.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My recommendation first be to take a look at the grip, make sure it's in the fingers and not in the palm of the left hand.  Second would be to flare both feet you and turn your hips A LOT with the hips centered on the backswing.  Your hips slide back to the right which is very common with players that swing OTT.

Good feel to do this would be the have the left knee flex over the left foot.  Again it's a feel, left knee will have some inward movement.  This will make getting the weight forward at impact easier. Another feel would be having the hips go towards the target on the backswing in order to keep them centered.  It's fine even if they do go a little forward.

Notice in the right pic how the weight is forward and the hips are past the red line I drew at address.  If the weight doesn't get forward, the golfer will likely come OTT.  I wouldn't worry about the left arm or any of that stuff, fix the cause, not the symptom.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My recommendation first be to take a look at the grip, make sure it's in the fingers and not in the palm of the left hand.  Second would be to flare both feet you and turn your hips A LOT with the hips centered on the backswing.  Your hips slide back to the right which is very common with players that swing OTT. Good feel to do this would be the have the left knee flex over the left foot.  Again it's a feel, left knee will have some inward movement.  This will make getting the weight forward at impact easier.  [SIZE=13px]Another feel would be having the hips go towards the target on the backswing in order to keep them centered.  It's fine even if they do go a little forward.[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]  [/SIZE] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/84120/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/84121/] [/URL] Notice in the right pic how the weight is forward and the hips are past the red line I drew at address.  If the weight doesn't get forward, the golfer will likely come OTT.  I wouldn't worry about the left arm or any of that stuff, fix the cause, not the symptom. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/84122/] [/URL]

Please forgive me but what is OTT?

Christian

Please forgive me but what is OTT?

Over The Top

Yep, thanks

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...

So. not sure if this is the right place to post this but I shot a 97 on Monday!

After I scored under 100 for the first time ever earlier this year, I made it a goal to shoot under 100 again.

Glad I was able to do it!

I guess I need a new goal if I start doing it consistently. :)

Christian

• 2 months later...

Uploaded a few more videos from today.

For some reason the thumbnail is upside down but the video is right side up.

First time I have been able to use my net

First two are with my 6 iron, second two with driver.

Any feedback would be appreciated. :-)

Christian

Looks kinda Scary having the net so far back from the mat, especially with those 2 windows..

Yeah, the instruction manual that came with the net didn't say how far you should stand from it. ;-)

Christian

I put mine about 6" from where I hit, just in case I hit bad shot..LOL

Oh, that's the difference.  As I'm sure you can see from my swing, I don't hit bad shots. :whistle:O:)

Christian

• Administrator

Yeah, the instruction manual that came with the net didn't say how far you should stand from it.

Uhm… closer.

:-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Yeah, the instruction manual that came with the net didn't say how far you should stand from it.

Uhm… closer.

Haha, thanks!

Ya know, when I posted these videos, I didn't think the immediate feedback was going to be to stand closer to the net. :-\

Christian

Haha, thanks!

Ya know, when I posted these videos, I didn't think the immediate feedback was going to be to stand closer to the net.

Just tryin to save you some grief my friend..btw, mine didn't come with instructions..

My uncle can tell you that a golf ball can easily go through siding on a house :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Haha, thanks!

Ya know, when I posted these videos, I didn't think the immediate feedback was going to be to stand closer to the net.

Just tryin to save you some grief my friend..btw, mine didn't come with instructions..

Haha, I appreciate it.  Thank you. :-)

Christian

Would recommend you flare out both feet a little more and turn the knees out to help with the pivot.  Your knees are rotated inward, left knee collapses inward and limits the amount you can turn on the backswing.  Also makes it harder to get the weight forward at impact.  Right pic: knees are neutral here, might feel "bowed out".  Both feet are turned out about 20*.  Allows you to utilize the proper linkage of the knees to create a dynamic hip turn and transfer more weight forward on the downswing.

Instead of the left knee kicking in so much it will feel like the knee flexes over the left ankle.  Be able to "press" into the ground more.

Mike McLoughlin