IGNORED

What Is The One Shot You Wish You Could Copy From A PGA Player

Mulligan Jeff
Note: This thread is 3821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to be able to hit the those short pitch shots of 30 or 40 yards that come in hit, hop and stop on a dime.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

You can get that much better with a little practice. I made 182 6 footers in a row a week ago, lost focus on 183.

Good for you, that doesn't prove anything really, just your game is good at making 6 footers.. Doesn't mean that pro's are not damn good from 6' and in..

The shot i would want, the Butch Harmon Tiger woods Stinger shot.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good for you, that doesn't prove anything really, just your game is good at making 6 footers.. Doesn't mean that pro's are not damn good from 6' and in..  The shot i would want, the Butch Harmon Tiger woods Stinger shot.

I know I'm just saying that making more than 25 percent of five footers comes from like a full 30 min of practice. Even less with the stinger

You can get that much better with a little practice. I made 182 6 footers in a row a week ago, lost focus on 183.

nice run, but its different on the course when you have all different slope and elevations to deal with, even making 5 footers consistently is not easy.   I'm barely batting .500 at 3 footers...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

It's not like your giving th hole away most times. I'm just saying a little practice will make that hole look like a bucket. Plus those are the most important putts cause they usually save par

http://thesandtrap.com/t/51757/pga-tour-putts-gained-make-percentage-stats

Shows how important it is to hit it close to the hole. It's the biggest difference between my game and some of the scratch and better than scratch players  I play with. Even though I'm a better putter than they are my proximity to the hole on full approach shots doesn't hold up against them.

Because this is a "Wouldn't it be nice if I could...." thread, I am really sort of  encouraged that so few people have selected the deathly accurate pop out of the sand that jumped immediately to my mind. So many of the pros do that so well...  I suppose, given the caliber of many of this board's participants, that must indicate this really is something I can master if I just work at it.  Or maybe it is really just an extension of the desire for laser guided pitches in general that have come up regularly.  Anyway, the real consistent bunker shot is something I haven't worked near hard enough on, so being lazy, I would take that for my freebie.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

If I choose Bubba's driver swing does that include driver off the deck for free?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

I doubt it.

It's not like your giving th hole away most times.

Yes, you are, if you're playing greens at stimp 9 or above, you're giving the hole away from five feet quite often. A lot of putts break more than two inches.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I doubt it. Yes, you are, if you're playing greens at stimp 9 or above, you're giving the hole away from five feet quite often. A lot of putts break more than two inches.

a) 2 inches is between right center and right edge and b) hit it harder so you don't give the hole away

• Administrator
a) 2 inches is between right center and right edge and b) hit it harder so you don't give the hole away

Nick, please read what I write.

a) I said a lot of putts break MORE than two inches. I'm well aware of the fact that two inches is basically the right or left edge of the cup.

b) Why? You're making the hole smaller and gaining nothing (the "point" at which you're aiming is still the same size as a "point" an inch or two outside the cup).

More for reference: .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Silliness. I had a five footer (that I made) last Saturday where I played a foot of left to right break. All I can say is that if you "hit it harder" you better make it or you will be 10 feet past the hole.

Nick, please read what I write. a) I said a lot of putts break MORE than two inches. I'm well aware of the fact that two inches is basically the right or left edge of the cup. b) Why? You're making the hole smaller and gaining nothing (the "point" at which you're aiming is still the same size as a "point" an inch or two outside the cup). More for reference: [CONTENTEMBED=/t/46450/putting-capture-speed layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED] .

That's a good point, I was gonna say what about when you aren't exactly sure on the line. If I'm not really sure I will hit it harder. Your making the hole smaller by hitting it harder but also bigger by having a more accurate read. Not really sure how that would equate but I guess it's still a bad idea because you have a longer putt back if you miss [quote name="MS256" url="/t/70207/what-is-the-one-shot-you-wish-you-could-copy-from-a-pga-player/30#post_906687"] Silliness. I had a five footer (that I made) last Saturday where I played a foot of left to right break. All I can say is that if you "hit it harder" you better make it or you will be 10 feet past the hole. [/quote] all I can reccomend is don't miss

Note: This thread is 3821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!