IGNORED

Using Evolvr with iPhone

Rico
Note: This thread is 3418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all - first post, been reading these forums for awhile now. I am thinking of giving Evolvr a try as it seems like a lot of people on here have seen great results using it, but am wondering how effective it would be using my iPhone to film my swing? I read the thread about filming your own swing and the ideal types of cameras to use but I don't know that a new camera is in my budget at the moment. I know it's not ideal with the lower quality iPhone camera, so I guess I'm just wondering if I should wait to start Evolvr until I can get a better camera or if the iPhone is something I could work with in the meantime and still get quality feedback? Does anyone on here have experience using Evolvr with an iPhone?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all - first post, been reading these forums for awhile now. I am thinking of giving Evolvr a try as it seems like a lot of people on here have seen great results using it, but am wondering how effective it would be using my iPhone to film my swing? I read the thread about filming your own swing and the ideal types of cameras to use but I don't know that a new camera is in my budget at the moment. I know it's not ideal with the lower quality iPhone camera, so I guess I'm just wondering if I should wait to start Evolvr until I can get a better camera or if the iPhone is something I could work with in the meantime and still get quality feedback? Does anyone on here have experience using Evolvr with an iPhone?

Thanks in advance.

Yes.  I only film my swings with my iphone and I have not had any trouble yet with using it for my evolvr lessons.  Someday I'll get a nice 120 fps camera, but as long as the coaches can still see my flaws (pretty sure at this point they could see my flaws with a 1 fps camera :cry: ) then I'm content to stick with the iphone.

Definitely don't wait!! :)  Good luck!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes.  I only film my swings with my iphone and I have not had any trouble yet with using it for my evolvr lessons.  Someday I'll get a nice 120 fps camera, but as long as the coaches can still see my flaws (pretty sure at this point they could see my flaws with a 1 fps camera ) then I'm content to stick with the iphone.

Definitely don't wait!! :)  Good luck!

That's a very good point - I'm sure the instructors wouldn't need a 120 fps camera to pick out my swing flaws either. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I have an iPhone 4 that I use for my evolvr lessons and they still find plenty of flaws.  haha!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

If you get the iPhone 5s, it takes video at 120 fps.  Here's an example of an instructor filming himself with the 5s.

Also here are some tips once you do start taking video

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks guys for the input. Looking forward to giving Evolvr a try.

Sweet, have fun, I am sure you will love it!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know if there is a way to download the evolvr video on the iPhone? I don't plan on storing it for long, but want to be able to get it on my iPhone im its mov format Thanks

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!