IGNORED

Waterproof Bags - Any Suggestions/Experience?

Note: This thread is 2794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm currently using a Sun Mountain Three 5 and I love it. The bag is great for everything except bad weather. Played 18 yesterday and got caught in a downpour, so when I got home I had to empty out my entire bag and dry everything out. I'm tired of this so I decided to look into a waterproof bag for bad weather. I always walk and carry and I play in the rain so it seemed like it would be a good investment. After doing some research, it seems like there are only really 3 options for waterproof stand bags: the Ogio Aquatech, Sun Mountain h2no, and the Titleist Stadry (which I believe is a slightly modified h2no w/ Titeleist branding on it). I ordered an Ogio Aquatech, but I am not if I am going to keep it. I didn't find many reviews on this particular bag, but I opted for it because it had a 6 way top as opposed to 4 way in the Sun Mountain and Titleiest. Problem is, I really like the look of the Titleist stadry a lot more. I believe Mizuno used to make a waterproof bag but it seems like it's off the market now. Not sure why. Do any of you guys have experience with any of these bags? Is there another waterproof option that I am missing? Just kind of looking for general opinions, suggestions, or experience. Thanks guys.

I used the sun mountain one for a while but found things still got a bit wet.  I use one of these rain covers now over my Ogio Gromm.  I just leave it folded up in its pouch in the bottom of my bag.  I was concerned at first about leaks through the top where the shoulder straps come out but never had any issues.

Brad

I used the sun mountain one for a while but found things still got a bit wet.  I use one of these rain covers now over my Ogio Gromm.  I just leave it folded up in its pouch in the bottom of my bag.  I was concerned at first about leaks through the top where the shoulder straps come out but never had any issues. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/84204/] [/URL]

Is that one of the seaforth golf bag rain slickers?

Is that one of the seaforth golf bag rain slickers?

I'm not sure about that particular one, I just did a google image search.  The particular one I use is by Monk but it looks almost identical.

Brad

• 1 year later...
I wonder one thing about bags that I've noticed on newer bags. Why do they have no place for a bottle? Where do you have our bottle in the bag?

My new bag has a spot for a bottle, but I just fill it with a few lousy balls for when I finish my bucket at the range on a bad note and want to hit one or two more. My previous bag lacked such a slot, but I never missed it. I don't know if you really need a dedicated water bottle slot. So many people have cupholders when they ride or in their push carts, it seems superfluous. I usually just threw my water bottle into the long pocket on the side of the bag and pulled it out as needed. Doesn't get as hot either, being out of the direct sunlight.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My new bag has a spot for a bottle, but I just fill it with a few lousy balls for when I finish my bucket at the range on a bad note and want to hit one or two more. My previous bag lacked such a slot, but I never missed it. I don't know if you really need a dedicated water bottle slot. So many people have cupholders when they ride or in their push carts, it seems superfluous. I usually just threw my water bottle into the long pocket on the side of the bag and pulled it out as needed. Doesn't get as hot either, being out of the direct sunlight.

The thing is that I have a carry-bag and does not use  cart and think it's convenient to be able to have water accessible. The risk increases for leaks if you have it in any of the pockets.

• 1 year later...
On 10/7/2013 at 10:14 AM, bradsul said:

I used the sun mountain one for a while but found things still got a bit wet.  I use one of these rain covers now over my Ogio Gromm.  I just leave it folded up in its pouch in the bottom of my bag.  I was concerned at first about leaks through the top where the shoulder straps come out but never had any issues.

54f13c8c_pSPCK1-9477834v275.jpeg

Does anyone know where I can buy this, please? These seem impossible to find online or anywhere? mtcmolloy

Edited by mtcmolloy

22 minutes ago, mtcmolloy said:

Does anyone know where I can buy this, please? These seem impossible to find online or anywhere? mtcmolloy

@mtcmolloy, its usually not a great idea to post your email here, spammers can get a hold of it.  People can either post on this thread, or send you a private message through TST.  You may want to edit this post and remove the email.

Good luck finding the rain cover.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

@mtcmolloy, its usually not a great idea to post your email here, spammers can get a hold of it.  People can either post on this thread, or send you a private message through TST.  You may want to edit this post and remove the email.

Good luck finding the rain cover.

done

Qh, and welcome to TheSandTrap.  Feel free to ask any questions you have, its a really helpful group here.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 2794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!