IGNORED

How many different courses do you play?

David in FL
Note: This thread is 3844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

About 30 rounds (some 9 hole for my league) at 6 different courses.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What were you doing to play in 41 different courses?

There's just a crapload of cheap courses in n/e PA, NJ & upstate NY where I have family.     Also, was fortunate to take a  golf vacation to FL ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Off the top of my head I can count 20 different courses this year.  Since I'm just scrolling through the mental rolodex, I'm sure I've missed a few so it may be closer to 25.  Wow, that seems like a lot!!  No idea how many rounds, but probably around 50.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I've got over 100 rounds in on about 15-20 different courses.  My membership includes a number of courses I get to play so I'm usually on those as they don't cost me greens fees, they number about 10.

I think my handicap travels really well as I shoot the same relative to the ratings pretty much everywhere I go.  I have a couple buddies who are members at a single course with a similar handicap and their handicaps don't travel nearly as well.  I imagine after a long time playing the same course exclusively your ability for strategy/risk management can get rusty.

Brad

Ive played 12 courses and 65 rounds this year. 40 rounds have been on the three courses closest to me.

Just joined a club 3 weeks ago, so Ill be playing mostly there this next year.

40 rounds on 10 different courses, 3 core courses and 8 new courses in my bag. I still work for a living and try to get around as much as I can. 2 of the new courses sank my handicap early on but I am keeping them in the bag for next year for redemption scores, I am looking to still play them this year...hopefully next year I can up the variety...Last year I only played the 3 core courses, I was kinda boring.

Of the 3 courses I play regularly, I have played 66 rounds on those 3 courses.

Since first of 2013, I have posted 105 rounds for handicap. This does not include scrambles and events where handicap can't be posted. I have played in 15 of those so far this year.

I went back and looked up,all the courses played and I have played 38 different golf courses since the first of the year.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

What were you doing to play in 41 different courses?

It's not that hard to do depending on where you live.    When I lived in the Columbus OH area, I could choose from 70+ 18 hole golf courses within about an hour or so drive from my house!!    Not only does Central Ohio claim the best damn College Football program in America and the best damn band in the land, but it's also a pretty damn cool to live and play a lot of golf too! LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

It's not that hard to do depending on where you live.    When I lived in the Columbus OH area, I could choose from 70+ 18 hole golf courses within about an hour or so drive from my house!!    Not only does Central Ohio claim the best damn College Football program in America and the best damn band in the land, but it's also a pretty damn cool to live and play a lot of golf too! LOL

They claim a lot of things up there.  Few actually hold up to scrutiny though.....

:-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

When I was playing regularly back home in Colorado, I played 90% of my golf on one home course, not as a member, but just by preference (like the course, the people, location, etc.).  The other 10% was spread around 10-12 other courses.  Now when I go back to visit, I play less at my "home" course and spread my play around more.  This year I played a total of 7 rounds on 5 different courses.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Next week we are heading to Oglebay in Wheeling, West Virginia, for their fall special...

ONE night's lodging at Wilson Lodge.
ONE 18 hole round on the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. designed Speidel Course - GPS golf car included.
ONE 18 hole round on the Arnold Palmer designed Klieves Course - GPS golf car included.
Unlimited use of indoor pool, jacuzzi & fitness center.

Starting at $121* - Available Sunday - Thursday Only October 1 - 31, 2013

* Price is per person, plus tax, traditional room, double occupancy.

Great way to play two premium courses at an affordable rate.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

71 different courses over 144 rounds.  Had best year of playing all around due to travelling a lot, great weather and kids are all in college. :-D

Florida around New Years

Palm Springs end of January

Southport NC early March

Myrtle Beach SC end of March

San Diego/Hawaii Trip in mid-April

Pinehurst end of May

Pittsburgh/Bedford PA mid-June

And played most of the summer looking to join a different Country Club, so played several local clubs before joining our new club and then when we joined, course is closed as they planted new grass, so have had reciprocity at 31 courses in the area, so have been playing somewhat different almost every week.

Been a busy golfing summer.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 3844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!