IGNORED

Ping I20 Driver and Woods

Note: This thread is 3810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oking toI have been looking to replace my Titleist 905R and 906 fairways for a while now. I've tried several offerings. Really wanted the black R1 and TP R11s. Woods to be the answer or possibly the Titelist 913s. After several trips to the local Golf Town I came upon the Ping I20 series on clearance. Stock TFC stiff shafts and into the simulator I went. I have not found a shaft/head combo that worked this well for me. Kind of with the 3 and 5 had bigger heads, but all-in-all I made solid contact and the flight and distance seemed perfect. As for the driver, it is a 10.5 and flight and distance for me was better than the R11s, R1, 913, G25, X-Hot, you name it, I tried it. Maybe its the classic shape or the black finish, but they all just felt comfotable and matched my swing perfectly. I'm a 12 handicap and my swing isn't the issue, my putting is lol. Anyway, the choices are endless and as much as I wanted more of a forgiving driver and wood set I think these will be in my bag for a while. And as for the 5 wood. While I know they seem to be falling out of favor, I have tried every hybrid out there hoping to supplement my 3 iron or bridge the gap between 3 wood and 3 iron, but can't find one that works for me. I tried the 17 and 20 degree I20 hybrids, but same result - high and short. So, the 5 wood stays for now. If I can find a hybrid that works will exchange it. Any other players have comments on the I20s or suggestions on a hybrid that worked for them after many attempts to find the right one?

Couldn't edit original... I have been attempting to replace my Titleist 905R and 906 fairways for a while now. I've tried several offerings. Really wanted the black R1 and TP R11s. Woods to be the answer or possibly the Titelist 913s. Tried a used 909 and G20 but soured on them. After several trips to the local Golf Town I came upon the Ping I20 series on clearance. How I missed them is a mystery. Grabbed Driver, 3, 5 woods and 17 and 20 degree hybrids. All stock TFC stiff shafts and into the simulator I went. I have not found a shaft/head combo that worked this well for me. Kind of with the 3 and 5 had bigger heads, but all-in-all I made solid contact and the flight and distance seemed perfect. As for the driver, it is a 10.5 and flight and distance for me was better than the R11s, R1, 913, G25, X-Hot, you name it, I tried it. Maybe its the classic shape or the black finish, but they all just felt comfotable and matched my swing perfectly. I'm a 12 handicap and my swing isn't the issue, my putting is lol. Anyway, the choices are endless and as much as I wanted more of a forgiving driver and wood set I think these will be in my bag for a while. As for the 5 wood. While I know they seem to be falling out of favor, I have tried every hybrid out there hoping to supplement my 3 iron or bridge the gap between 3 wood and 3 iron, but can't find one that works for me. I tried the 17 and 20 degree I20 hybrids, but same result - high and short. So, the 5 wood stays for now. If I can find a hybrid that works will exchange it. Any other players have comments on the I20s or suggestions on a hybrid that worked for them after many attempts to find the right one?

I had an i20 driver. I also have two G20 drivers. I could hit the ball much better with the G20. I sold the i20.

The i20 seemed to have a tiny sweet spot. On the few times I could hit the ball in the sweet spot I got great distance, but otherwise it would just be an average shot. Several reviews I have read on the i20 driver don't seem to think it's a good driver. I would not recommend it, but that's just me.

I also think the G20 woods are much better than the i20 woods.

Try the Ping Anser

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had an i20 driver. I also have two G20 drivers. I could hit the ball much better with the G20. I sold the i20. The i20 seemed to have a tiny sweet spot. On the few times I could hit the ball in the sweet spot I got great distance, but otherwise it would just be an average shot. Several reviews I have read on the i20 driver don't seem to think it's a good driver. I would not recommend it, but that's just me. I also think the G20 woods are much better than the i20 woods.

I have the G20 4-wood and it is an awesome club, extremely versatile and can crush it better than former 3-wood.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

Westwood uses i20 irons and a G25 driver, G25 wood & G25 hybrid.    I'd put a little bit of weight on that ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Our reviews for the i20 stuff

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/ping_i20_hybrid_review

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/ping_i20_irons_review

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/ping_i20_driver_review

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I have the i20 driver, 3, and 5 wood.  They're more or less the first woods I've had so I can't really compare.  The 3 and 5 woods look tiny to me, like hybrid clubs.  I'm able to hit all them fine for the most part, my only real concern and I mentioned it in another thread, was that maybe the loft on the driver was a bit high for me.  If you don't have a problem getting the ball up in the air you might want to try out some lesser lofts first.

Note: This thread is 3810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!