IGNORED

Straits Irish Course

cipher
Note: This thread is 3269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It does look really nice. It would be worth it to do that course one day stay overnight. Then do another one on the way back.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It does look really nice. It would be worth it to do that course one day stay overnight. Then do another one on the way back.

There we go.  There have got to be a few nice ones up that way.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• 3 months later...

Got the Irish on Game Golf this year.  The jerkylickers in my group decided they were cool and wanted to play the tips.  That was just stupid.  We played it from 7200.  It was in the 40s with 20+ mph winds so it was a bit tough.  Actually drove the ball okay, had the pushes with the irons and my typical inability to putt or get out of bunkers.

Here is the Game Golf link if you want to check out the course:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ciphernate/round/135766

This is a combination of some pictures from the Irish and Straits trips this year:

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

That's a cool video. What's with the depressing music it should have been some Dr dre :).

Depressing music? Play the course and you will find out why... ;-P

Nate

Ha ha I'd love to play there. I wouldn't be playing from 7200 but I would love to play it some day.

No doubt.  I might be able to play 7200 at 12,000 feet elevation....  Probably not though...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I've played 7000 a number of times and it's really long if your not hitting your driver straight. What's tough is your approach shots are usually 5i-4w for me at least ;).

I've played 7000 a number of times and it's really long if your not hitting your driver straight. What's tough is your approach shots are usually 5i-4w for me at least ;).

Yeah that was the longest I have ever played from.  I would not willfully do that to myself again.   Especially in those conditions.  There were a number of times those in my group could not even reach the fairway and they hit pretty solid drives.  Just so stupid.  I asked the main guy why he wanted to play the tips.  He responded, "Well we drove all the way out here and paid the money for this and we don't want to feel like we have missed out on anything..."   I replied back to him, "So you want to be miserable then?"  No response back.

Nate

No doubt.  I might be able to play 7200 at 12,000 feet elevation....  Probably not though...

Don't forget to bring oxygen. 12,000 feet makes you feel a little lightheaded if you're not used to it.

Yeah, I used my hybrid and 3i a lot. I won't do it again, except for the novelty.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 6 months later...
I would have to be leave Thursday morning, play 18 holes at Lawsonia, then drive up there, sleep, play Big Fish on Friday, then leave after golf, stay over night somewhere and play Northern Bay on Saturday then drive to the Dells on Sunday morning, play Wild Rock then head back home after.......

This is a great plan for a trip.  I was planning almost the exact trip for the PGA Championship weekend (only in reverse order).  I would consider SentryWorld instead of Northern Bay, though.  I've played NB and didn't think it was all that.  My plan was to go from home (Waukesha) to Wisconsin Dells and play Wild Rock on Thursday afternoon, then drive up to Stevens Point and spend the night.  Wake up Friday and play SentryWorld, then travel to Lawsonia and spend the night.  Wake up on Saturday and play both courses at Lawsonia and spend the night.  Wake up on Sunday and drive to Kohler for the final round of the PGA Champoinship.  Drive home totally wiped out but with a full perma-grin for the rest of the summer.

Who's pete dye?

Pete Dye is an a-hole.  Play his courses (off the fairway) and you'll know what I mean.

I just enjoyed a quick trip to The Straits yesterday.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/81866/whistling-straits-straits-course-trip-2015-pic-heavy

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Note: This thread is 3269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!