IGNORED

Ogio vs Sun Mountain

Note: This thread is 3634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hadn't heard of the Ogio Chamber so I went to their site to look at it. There is a reviews section on the site, this is the Ogio website by the way, and this is the only review there. Either no one is looking at this stuff or it is a courageous stance to take, but don't you think they would pull this down?

Here is the page: http://ogio.com/golf-5/chamber-cart-bag

If you have this bag you could add your voice to the review section. I think it looks cool and all, but I walk almost exclusively so I won't be getting one.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hadn't heard of the Ogio Chamber so I went to their site to look at it. There is a reviews section on the site, this is the Ogio website by the way, and this is the only review there. Either no one is looking at this stuff or it is a courageous stance to take, but don't you think they would pull this down? Here is the page: [URL=http://ogio.com/golf-5/chamber-cart-bag]http://ogio.com/golf-5/chamber-cart-bag[/URL] If you have this bag you could add your voice to the review section. I think it looks cool and all, but I walk almost exclusively so I won't be getting one.

Wow....the Ogio Chamber is one of the best selling golf bags of all time. I can't go to a track and not notice one or two. Have you been in hiding??

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

I think Amazon has like 20 chamber cart reviews. Ogio comes out with a new chamber cart bag every year.

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

Wow....the Ogio Chamber is one of the best selling golf bags of all time. I can't go to a track and not notice one or two. Have you been in hiding??

Yeah, so weird. I honestly have missed out on this bag. I don't ever recall playing with someone that had one, but I bet now that I'm aware of it I'll start seeing them everywhere.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Yeah, so weird. I honestly have missed out on this bag. I don't ever recall playing with someone that had one, but I bet now that I'm aware of it I'll start seeing them everywhere.

Most people have the black, which really don't stand out and thus make it unnoticeable. I usually don't stare at other players equipment...I think it's rude personally because it might give them a sense of inferiority or they may feel awkward.

I bought an Ogio cart bag years ago. I couldn't tell you which one it is but it has held up very well and never given me any issues. I think I bought it in 2007-2008. I recently bought a new bag (Titleist stand bag) but that was only because I started walking more. I still love the Ogio and use it if I know I'm going to be in a cart. Never had a Sun Mountain but if I were going to buy a new cart bag, I'd stick with an Ogio based on my old one.

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell

3/5 Wood: Adams Ovation

Irons: Cobra UFI

Putter: Titleist Dead Center, circa 1985

I bought an Ogio cart bag years ago. I couldn't tell you which one it is but it has held up very well and never given me any issues. I think I bought it in 2007-2008. I recently bought a new bag (Titleist stand bag) but that was only because I started walking more. I still love the Ogio and use it if I know I'm going to be in a cart. Never had a Sun Mountain but if I were going to buy a new cart bag, I'd stick with an Ogio based on my old one.

I'm pretty sure your Titleist bag is made by Sun Mountain.

Joe Paradiso

As @newtogolf said, your Titleist stand bag is a Sun Mountain product.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

[quote name="tristanhilton85" url="/t/71220/ogio-vs-sun-mountain#post_924784"]As @newtogolf said, your Titleist stand bag is a Sun Mountain product. [/quote]Lol, I had no idea! I just upgraded from an old titleist stand bag to a new SM one. :)

Lol, I had no idea! I just upgraded from an old titleist stand bag to a new SM one. :)

Most people don't.  I'm trying to verify if SM makes all the Titleist bags, so far I've confirmed all the higher end cart and stand bags are made by Sun Mountain but my buddy is calling Titleist to find out about the lower end stand bags and staff bags.

Joe Paradiso

Most people don't.  I'm trying to verify if SM makes all the Titleist bags, so far I've confirmed all the higher end cart and stand bags are made by Sun Mountain but my buddy is calling Titleist to find out about the lower end stand bags and staff bags.

I actually dig the C-130....I need to hint my wife...lol. Cyber Monday is just around the corner. Drove by the Northtown Mall and no parking....Sports Authority only carries Ogio I noticed.

It sure is...and it seems fine for the year I've had it. I should have said "i've never had a Sun Mountain CART BAG".  I don't have anything against Sun Mountain, I was just relaying my experience with my Ogio cart bag. 6 or 7 years with no issues and if I was going to buy another cart bag, I'd look there first.

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell

3/5 Wood: Adams Ovation

Irons: Cobra UFI

Putter: Titleist Dead Center, circa 1985

As far as I can tell, SM makes all of the Titleist stand and carry bags. I don't believe that they make the staff bags.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

As far as I can tell, SM makes all of the Titleist stand and carry bags. I don't believe that they make the staff bags.

It does make sense though. The pockets on my new bag are nearly identical to my old bag. And @pakoh 's new titleist 14-way looks an awful lot like an SM 4-5 :) I really like my bag though, a lot. :)

It does make sense though. The pockets on my new bag are nearly identical to my old bag. And @pakoh 's new titleist 14-way looks an awful lot like an SM 4-5 :)

I really like my bag though, a lot. :)

SM Makes the best carry bags around, so you should like your Tity (SM) bag.  :-)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

SM Makes the best carry bags around, so you should like your Tity (SM) bag.  :-)

Yeah I would agree with that but as far as hybrid stand/cart bags and cart bags alone you can't go wrong with :ogio:

Yeah I would agree with that but as far as hybrid stand/cart bags and cart bags alone you can't go wrong with

I was actually doing a "funny" with GolfingDad. I've just found SM Carry Bags to be reliable, wear well, lite weight, have a good leg mechanism, and they have some innovative ideas - so I really don't look at other carry bags.

SM has done better work lately with their hybrid bags, but I don't do hybrids - I go to the range too much and sling my bag. I want lite weight - I've found SM carry bags function great on carts. So for me, I don't do a cart bag - just the old SM I have that sits lonely in the garage - unused.

As to best? Seriously?

We're dealing with people - and personal style and preferences will dictate what is best for that individual.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I was actually doing a "funny" with GolfingDad. I've just found SM Carry Bags to be reliable, wear well, lite weight, have a good leg mechanism, and they have some innovative ideas - so I really don't look at other carry bags. SM has done better work lately with their hybrid bags, but I don't do hybrids - I go to the range too much and sling my bag. I want lite weight - I've found SM carry bags function great on carts. So for me, I don't do a cart bag - just the old SM I have that sits lonely in the garage - unused. As to best? Seriously? We're dealing with people - and personal style and preferences will dictate what is best for that individual.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly....the entire thread is opinionated by design. It's nice to get other's perspectives when talking golf equipment. A good sack is very important....especially if you hoof it. Funny you mentioned the legs because my first stand bag was a Nike and the legs completely fold outward when you try to retract them.....I mean it looks pretty gangster and all but the mechanism broke after a couple of rounds.

Note: This thread is 3634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!