IGNORED

Borrow a ball

joekelly
Note: This thread is 3760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recently read that a golf pro, while playing the Hong Kong open was DQd for failing to tee off 'on time'. Turns out that, unlike on most courses, the second nine, pro's first hole of the day, starts on hole 11. The caddy got lost, the pro had only his putter in hand and did not play on time. Yes, he could have used the putter to drive but what if he had the putter (any club) but no golf ball.

Could pro borrow a ball from FC, or anyone in the gallery?

Does seem crazy to me that he did not drive off with the putter, at least get a start. Heck, it would probably be as good a shot as i might take with the big club.

Recently read that a golf pro, while playing the Hong Kong open was DQd for failing to tee off 'on time'. Turns out that, unlike on most courses, the second nine, pro's first hole of the day, starts on hole 11. The caddy got lost, the pro had only his putter in hand and did not play on time. Yes, he could have used the putter to drive but what if he had the putter (any club) but no golf ball.

Could pro borrow a ball from FC, or anyone in the gallery?

Does seem crazy to me that he did not drive off with the putter, at least get a start. Heck, it would probably be as good a shot as i might take with the big club.

He may borrow a ball from anyone. However, in many pro events (almost certainly including this one), the 'One Ball Condition' is in force, so that he could only play with a ball of the same make and model as the ones he had use for the rest of the round.

He may borrow a ball from anyone. However, in many pro events (almost certainly including this one), the 'One Ball Condition' is in force, so that he could only play with a ball of the same make and model as the ones he had use for the rest of the round.

What is the penalty for using a second type of ball when the one ball rule is in effect?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I believe it's two stokes in stoke play for each hole played with ball. Max 4 strokes. Loss of hole match play. Max two holes. If u don't correct on next hole after the error is discovered its DQ.

Regards,

John

I believe it's two stokes in stoke play for each hole played with ball. Max 4 strokes. Loss of hole match play. Max two holes.

If u don't correct on next hole after the error is discovered its DQ.

Thanks.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!