IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2014

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 3485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why are their roster deadlines every day? Like i said in an earlier post, I put my team in round 2 because I signed up late, but it felt like cheating because i just picked guys who played well the day before. It is looking like you can change your whole team every day. Is this true? I never played before and seems to me like the only hard picks are round 1

You can sub in from your bench before the deadlines, but once the first round deadline is over, you can't change your the players you have in place for that tournament. For example, if you didn't have Dustin Johnson as a starter or a bench player, you couldn't sub onto your roster after the second round if he was in the lead....he would have to be on your bench to do this.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are their roster deadlines every day? Like i said in an earlier post, I put my team in round 2 because I signed up late, but it felt like cheating because i just picked guys who played well the day before. It is looking like you can change your whole team every day. Is this true? I never played before and seems to me like the only hard picks are round 1

Each round has potential Scores which reflect Points toward a teams total for the event.

Which gives a manager the options to use bench players.

Each week a manager can select an entire different team, or use the team from the previous week.

If a manager would elect to only enter a team after the first day event, yes they would benefit by seeing who played well, but would lose points for round "ONE"

I'm not sure if this is possible, I think if a manager does not enter a team, the prior team selected is used. Since last week was the first week, it was probably possible because you had no team selected for the first round.

You could change the starters each round, but eventually you would use up the the "Ten Starts" rule and no longer be able to use these players. Also, you are not changing the selected team which you have for the event, only starters and subs (bench players).

Hope this help clarifies your questions.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Each round has potential Scores which reflect Points toward a teams total for the event.

Which gives a manager the options to use bench players.

Each week a manager can select an entire different team, or use the team from the previous week.

If a manager would elect to only enter a team after the first day event, yes they would benefit by seeing who played well, but would lose points for round "ONE"

I'm not sure if this is possible, I think if a manager does not enter a team, the prior team selected is used. Since last week was the first week, it was probably possible because you had no team selected for the first round.

You could change the starters each round, but eventually you would use up the the "Ten Starts" rule and no longer be able to use these players. Also, you are not changing the selected team which you have for the event, only starters and subs (bench players).

Hope this help clarifies your questions.

Club Rat

Ok thanks, I was hoping you couldn't put in a team after round 1 like I did last week.

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

Did a little follow up from @gogolfing on Yahoo's site.

The deadline to pick players for a new team or select any new golfers for your existing squad is 1:59 a.m. (Pacific Time) each Thursday unless noted.

These areas will show as "locked" if it is past the deadline to select your players for the tournament.

This article explains the applicable deadlines to edit your Fantasy Golf team each week, and make daily roster changes

There are two deadline types in Yahoo Sports Fantasy Golf.

The first deadline applies to adding and removing players from your roster for the upcoming tournament.

The default deadline to make team changes for the next tournament is 2:00 a.m. Pacific Time each Thursday but will automatically adjust to be 5 minutes before the first tee time of the first round, once that is known.

If you don't make any changes by this deadline, your previous lineup carries forward to the next tournament.

If you haven't yet created a team, you can create a new one when the current week's tournament has begun, but you don't receive fantasy points for any rounds already completed or under way. This option is only available on the day you sign up for the game. Otherwise, your participation begins with the following tournament.

The second deadline applies to changing your active foursome prior to each round of the tournament.

Once you've selected your eight (two A, four B, and two C) golfers, you have until 5 minutes before the first tee time of each round to select your active lineup. For example: if you have Tiger Woods active as your A player and you want to switch to Sergio Garcia, and the first tee time is 8:00am PT, you have to make this change by 7:55 a.m. PT on Friday to have the change applied to the second round.

If you activate Garcia after 7:55 a.m. PT on Friday, Woods remains active and Garcia is activated for the third round (Saturday).

Club Rat

Am I the only one who had Robert Allenby picked to win this week ;) ? Not tryin to brag buttt...ha!

I have Allenby, Adam Scott, Dufner and Brandon de Jonge as my foursome. Looks like I might have 3 players in top 5, but obviously anything can happen between now and tomorrow afternoon. So I wont get cocky

BUT If Allenby wins, I gotta get just a lil bit of props for that pick right? LOL!

Am I the only one who had Robert Allenby picked to win this week ;) ? Not tryin to brag buttt...ha!

I have Allenby, Adam Scott, Dufner and Brandon de Jonge as my foursome. Looks like I might have 3 players in top 5, but obviously anything can happen between now and tomorrow afternoon. So I wont get cocky

BUT If Allenby wins, I gotta get just a lil bit of props for that pick right? LOL!

Why did you start Piercy in the 3rd round? He missed the cut!

De Jonge is not doing you any good on the bench either.

Usually the "C List" is the "Bag Grab" list, but it was a bold move to pick him for this event.

Good Luck, Club Rat

Why did you start Piercy in the 3rd round? He missed the cut!

De Jonge is not doing you any good on the bench either.

Usually the "C List" is the "Bag Grab" list, but it was a bold move to pick him for this event.

Good Luck, Club Rat

Aha, knew I would get called out for that after making a cocky post like this lol.

I didnt change my starters in time so still had Piercy in there - ugh I know. Obviously took him out and put De Jonge in for tomorrow.

Promise I have a reason / strategy for picking Allenby (even though he was grab bag) ;) But then again, I had a reason for having De Jonge in reserve too...and doesnt look like thats going to work out well LOL...

Love being a part of this, I would be watching - following the season anyway but this makes it much more fun and interesting!

What a great final round @ Sony.

Nine left to play and it's a Horse Race !!!!!

Hole #10 - 351 yards and these guys are driving it into the green side bunker.

Speaking of Horse's, How bout those Bronco's...........

Club Rat

I see we have a new team in the group !!!!!!

A duo from Foursum !!!!!!

Any friendly wager between you guys, or just bragging rights for the week ?????

Club Rat

I realize that we can bonus points if we activate one of our bench players, but does anyone now how the points are determined? I couldn't find any explainations on yahoo. Thanks everyone, this is fantastic.

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

I realize that we can bonus points if we activate one of our bench players, but does anyone now how the points are determined? I couldn't find any explainations on yahoo. Thanks everyone, this is fantastic.

Bonus points, or points? The bonus is 20 for first, 10 for a second and 5 for a third. Regular points are for scoring in the round...if your player has the lowest score for the round, he'd get you 20 points, and then it goes down in 2 point increments from there.

Bonus points, or points? The bonus is 20 for first, 10 for a second and 5 for a third. Regular points are for scoring in the round...if your player has the lowest score for the round, he'd get you 20 points, and then it goes down in 2 point increments from there.

Sorry, I meant bench player bonus points.

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Sorry, I meant bench player bonus points.

If you have used them in a minimum of one round, and they are on the bench in the last round, you will get their bonus points, but only if you have used them at some point in the tourney...Here is the explanation from Yahoo.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page;=content&id;=SLN7164&token;=w5FCchB1dWHnXgiuiDb/iyqo1A6z6YufoXoX7e1Hcc0bJDUTwubw1EkxIkHUUphMnrN2IW2V/YwnTby3N6muQ15p+kHF1buQDohhc/TjBb6NadQnoAaRg17/5xZvBDdmg4iyO6cWYCix4lLdDKhKQoi8EdA2H7ynj0AKtEpDIJEB1/nHh63yXg==&y;=PROD_SPORTS_FAN_GOLF

I see we have a new team in the group !!!!!!

A duo from Foursum !!!!!!

Any friendly wager between you guys, or just bragging rights for the week ?????

Club Rat

Just bragging rights. A friendly wager would have been fun, but he's beating me, so we'll just stick to bragging rights. :-)

Will W

• Administrator

I do the golf channel fantasy golf, didn't know about this yahoo one. I'll try to get in on this next year.

Just join now. There's only been a few tournaments.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@Crim, there are three segments for the league, we are only in the first.

Join in the fun.

Club Rat

Note: This thread is 3485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!