• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gogolfing

TST Fantasy Golf 2014

148 posts in this topic

Any interest in having a SandTrap group in the Yahoo Fantasy golf again this year. I have set one up in the past. If there is an interest I will set it up.

Checked the site out and haven't seen anyone else setting one up....if incorrect, please direct me to it.

Thanks

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Okay, not a lot of replies yet, but the season starts on Thursday, so I figured I'd set up a SandTrap group for Yahoo Fantasy Golf and see how many from the forum we can get.

Go to http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ to create your user name etc....

Once you have done this, click on "join a group"

You have to enter the group ID which is 5115

And enter the password: sandtrap

There is a limit to 40 participants in the group.

Hope we can fill it up like in previous years.

For those new to Yahoo Fantasy Golf, you have to pick 4 players to be your starters for the week: 1 from the A group, 2 from the B group, and 1 from the C group. You also have to pick 4 for your bench, same from each group as above.

You only get 10 starts per player for the entire season, so this involves some strategy.

You can sub in someone from your bench (if one of your starts misses the cut, or one of your bench players is lighting it up) but if you use them at all in a week, it counts as one of the 10 starts.

You receive points per round per player....The player with the lowest score in the round receives 20 points and then it goes down from there...If any of your players finish in the top 3, you get bonus points for the round (20 for 1st, 10 for 2nd, 5 for 3rd)

There are 3 segments in the season: Winter/Spring/Summer....Points accumulate for the season, but you also compete per segment, so they are reset for each season (but obviously keep accumulating for the season race).

First tourney starts this Friday, but it is in Hawaii so the deadlines are a little later than usual....

@ kept looking for TST to have one this year.  However, since you are late in starting, I am @max # of leagues.  Good luck for the 2014 golf season

Mike French

10 members so far so still room and time to sign up.....

One free year of Supporter status to the winner of this league, six months to the one who comes in second, and one month to the one who comes in third.

We may add some things over time but that much I can guarantee right now. Sign up TODAY folks!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just signed up! I have never played fantasy golf, so I can almost guarantee that I will be bad at this, but it sounds like fun!

That is awesome iacas.... Thanks for the prizes!

That is awesome iacas.... Thanks for the prizes!

We'll give you Supporter status too if you're able to get to 20 or 25 people or more (longer status for more members).

Yes need a Yahoo ID but not a yahoo email or anything...the ID is easy, just choose it with a password and you're done then follow my instructions above to join the golf

I'm in. Thanks for getting this started gogolfing.