• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carlson

Cutting down belly putters

8 posts in this topic

I just purchased a new taylormade belly putter on eBay because the price was too low to ignore. I am fairly new to the game but absolutely love it. I would really like to cut the putter down and make it a standard size putter but I don't know anything about the possibilities of that. Like I said I am new to the game so this may be a simple question but I really don't know the answer

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You can take it to a local golf store, Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy and they'll do it for you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is there any reason to not do this at home?  I've been wondering the same thing lately after I saw a long putter in a local used store.  I figure it is just chopping off the excess length from the grip end, deburring the cut end and cleaning it up a little, then slipping on a new grip.

The loft/lie of belly putters is mostly the same as a standard putter.  The lie of a long putter is a lot more upright (70-71 versus 80/81*)

Can be done with belly putters at home--can't be done with the long putter without bending the shaft or redrilling the head.

Jeff

Yes you can shorten it. but you will end up with a putter that is heavier than normal. You may like it. I didn't. (the head of belly putters is heavier than the head of standard putters)

Okay, thanks, I'll have to rethink this a bit.

I recently cut down an Odyssey 2-ball putter from belly length to standard length and had the same experience as the poster above .  . . feels too heavy in the head.