IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

New shaft BTW is a Bimatrix stiff flex cut to 45". love it so far. can only see me using it on 2 holes tomorrow tho. 295 yard par 4 (GOING FOR IT!) and 495 yard par 5 to make it in 2

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

New shaft BTW is a Bimatrix stiff flex cut to 45". love it so far. can only see me using it on 2 holes tomorrow tho. 295 yard par 4 (GOING FOR IT!) and 495 yard par 5 to make it in 2

The 3rd hole? Yeah ... Don't do that. ;). And on 9, keep in mind that it's a narrow fairway, dead into the wind, and the 2nd shot is over water. Other than that ... Good luck!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@KyleAnthony ... it looks like I'll be in a green shirt and khaki shorts, (and white shoes, belt, and hat) tomorrow.  Oh, and I'm 6-3, and 280, so if you have trouble finding me, make an appointment with the eye doctor Monday morning. :-P

If you see me on the putting green or in the cages, come say hi before you tee off.  If not, and you're hanging around afterwards, maybe I'll see you in the bar.   If you finish higher in your flight than I do in mine, I'll buy you a drink. :beer: Deal?

@KyleAnthony ... it looks like I'll be in a green shirt and khaki shorts, (and white shoes, belt, and hat) tomorrow.  Oh, and I'm 6-3, and 280, so if you have trouble finding me, make an appointment with the eye doctor Monday morning.

If you see me on the putting green or in the cages, come say hi before you tee off.  If not, and you're hanging around afterwards, maybe I'll see you in the bar.   If you finish higher in your flight than I do in mine, I'll buy you a drink.    Deal?

for sure. my girlfriend spilled stuff on my orange shirt so i may be matching you in a bright green shirt haha. i also have a bright green back with a wolf and fox head covers haha. i'll be on the putting green early. I'm shooting to get there around 7:15ish. and deal. we will see who gets their free drink haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

The 3rd hole? Yeah ... Don't do that. ;). And on 9, keep in mind that it's a narrow fairway, dead into the wind, and the 2nd shot is over water. Other than that ... Good luck!

ya i saw on the flyover after i posted that there are trees and stuff so you can't see the green haha dang

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

ya i saw on the flyover after i posted that there are trees and stuff so you can't see the green haha dang

Yes, plus there is OB left because they don't want people hitting over the heads of the guys on the 4th tee. And the green is insane. Just dunk a 5 iron into the middle of the fairway and you'll have a short wedge in.

Yes, plus there is OB left because they don't want people hitting over the heads of the guys on the 4th tee. And the green is insane. Just dunk a 5 iron into the middle of the fairway and you'll have a short wedge in.

ya its weird to see a 295 yd par 4 that you can't drive. maybe i'll get fancy and hit a crazy hook to the green hahaha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

ya its weird to see a 295 yd par 4 that you can't drive. maybe i'll get fancy and hit a crazy hook to the green hahaha

Sounds good! P.S. I'll take a rum and coke. ;) Seriously though, for being such a freaking short hole, it's not easy. Also depends greatly on the pin location. If it happens to be front left, it's pretty easy, but everything else, not so much.

P.S. I'll take a rum and coke. ;)

Seriously though, for being such a freaking short hole, it's not easy. Also depends greatly on the pin location. If it happens to be front left, it's pretty easy, but everything else, not so much.

Now you guys have me wanting to tune in tomorrow to see who wins the battle of that hole. Will it be Tin Cup or David Simms? As much as it goes against my nature, and how I would probably (stupidly) play the hole, I think my money's going to have to be on Simmsie. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Sounds good!

P.S. I'll take a rum and coke. ;)

Seriously though, for being such a freaking short hole, it's not easy. Also depends greatly on the pin location. If it happens to be front left, it's pretty easy, but everything else, not so much.

Now you guys have me wanting to tune in tomorrow to see who wins the battle of that hole. Will it be Tin Cup or David Simms? As much as it goes against my nature, and how I would probably (stupidly) play the hole, I think my money's going to have to be on Simmsie. ;-)

Lol ... Well have to come here tomorrow and post our results. :). Full disclosure though: I played it like Simms in last years tournament too and somehow still managed a quad!!!

Wow i did so terrible. i literally felt sick after the round. i shot a 102. i have no idea why i can't play in tournaments. maybe golf just isn't for me. i shot an 88 on wednesday at Tukwet canyon from the tips and shot a 102 today from the gold. i just have no idea what to do. If i don't have a mediocre performance at pelican hill on the 9th of february I'm just going to sell my clubs.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Don't sell your clubs. Try not to put to much pressure on yourself its still golf wether in a tournament or just a practice round. Keep grinding its a marathon not a sprint. And if you do want to sell your clubs pm me ;-)

Don't sell your clubs. Try not to put to much pressure on yourself its still golf wether in a tournament or just a practice round. Keep grinding its a marathon not a sprint. And if you do want to sell your clubs pm me

haha ya its just so frustrating to go and out have great shots and then when it counts nothing. although on the last hole. i lost my ball right, couldn't find it. re teed and hit a 295 yard erie down the middle and hit 4 iron about 6 feet from the pin. missed my par putt by an inch to the right. so that was cool haha. but ya 4 triple bogeys and a quad really messed me up. i ended up going back over the card right now and it was a 45-56 day. ugh 37 putts. i guess the positive i can take from this is that i had a decent first 9 (back 9) every green i hit tho i 3 putted except 18 which i pared

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

does anyone have any tips for nerves (i guess thats whats wrong with me)

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Honestly maybe have a screwdriver or bloody mary before hand just ro relax.

i seriously will try that next time

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Happens to everybody. I know one guy that tied his putter to the bumper of his car and dragged it all the way home from a U.S. Open Qualifier. I think it was Bobby Jones that said "There is golf and then there is tournament golf and there's not much similarity between the two." Keep playing!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleAnthony

does anyone have any tips for nerves (i guess thats whats wrong with me)

Happens to everybody. I know one guy that tied his putter to the bumper of his car and dragged it all the way home from a U.S. Open Qualifier.

I think it was Bobby Jones that said "There is golf and then there is tournament golf and there's not much similarity between the two."

Keep playing!!!

its just such a drastic difference. my last round was 41-47 88 and this tournament was 45-56 101. if i shoot mid 90's in the next tournament i will not quit. I'm not looking to win. just a decent showing. i think thats the most frustrating part. should i try to focus more or just stay relaxed and not care? I'm just lost at this. i mean to be honest i've never entered a tournament of any kind before these 2. could it be that because i have literally no experience in any sort of tournament that its hitting me harder than most?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!