IGNORED

Darren Clarke loses 40+ pounds w/an assist from...

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Portion amounts are on every product. People prefer not to know or lazy are about it. Weight control is about discipline. Regardless of how you do it, you can lose weight in many ways and what I was trying to make a point about earlier is that some of the information out there makes it more work to lose the weight than it needs to. I took off over 20 lbs in 2 1/2 months with intermittent fasting. It was easy and it was not like I was highly overweight.

Not true. Ever seen nutrition information on bulk products. What if you don't have a scale and purchase fresh meats. Even if you have a scale how many would know the calorie difference between 4 oz of pork loin and 7 oz of sirloin. How do you portion out the pot roast your wife tosses in the crock-pot. Before any of that needs to be addressed someone would have to have an idea of what their daily nutritional needs are, the 2000 cal a day thing is vague and really doesn't work these days. Point is people eyeball portions and it's tough to judge calories based on size when there is no nutritional info.

You are blaming someone else for your food intake?  Really all excuses if you are being serious and concerned about you food intake plus if you are eating well everywhere else, one unmeasured meal should be harmless. Eat places where they offer calorie content, tell your wife to make sure to know the nutrition and you don't have to gorge yourself every meal. After eating healthy long enough, I know roughly how much to eat of each food and if it looks or tastes fatty you eat less. They sell digital scales everywhere. To be honest, with my fasting diet I am free to each as much as I feel on most days. That is why I like the fasting diet. No measuring of food except the 2 days of serious fasting.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really all excuses if you are being serious and concerned about you food intake plus if you are eating well everywhere else, one unmeasured meal should be harmless. Eat places where they offer calorie content, tell your wife to make sure to know the nutrition and you don't have to gorge yourself every meal. After eating healthy long enough, I know roughly how much to eat of each food and if it looks or tastes fatty you eat less. They sell digital scales everywhere. To be honest, with my fasting diet I am free to each as much as I feel on most days. That is why I like the fasting diet. No measuring of food except the 2 days of serious fasting.

I agree for those in the know not really a problem. We're on the same page mostly I but I don't think the behavior and knowledge you describe is as common as you think it is. If it was there wouldn't be so many fat people. They aren't all lazy gluttons.

Dave :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Really all excuses if you are being serious and concerned about you food intake plus if you are eating well everywhere else, one unmeasured meal should be harmless. Eat places where they offer calorie content, tell your wife to make sure to know the nutrition and you don't have to gorge yourself every meal. After eating healthy long enough, I know roughly how much to eat of each food and if it looks or tastes fatty you eat less. They sell digital scales everywhere. To be honest, with my fasting diet I am free to each as much as I feel on most days. That is why I like the fasting diet. No measuring of food except the 2 days of serious fasting.

I agree for those in the know not really a problem. We're on the same page mostly I but I don't think the behavior and knowledge you describe is as common as you think it is. If it was there wouldn't be so many fat people. They aren't all lazy gluttons.

Well you aren't going to get healthy without making changes or learning about food. Even the biggest go getters in life have weak points. You have to want to make the change. To quote Ned Flanders' dad, "We tried nothing and we are all out of ideas." It is hard to eat less and change habits but again it all comes back to discipline. Talk like "I tried a diet for two weeks and it did not work" or "I've tried all these diets and they don't work" is complete bull. If you are obese, you are lazy or losing weight is not a high enough priority for you. Yes sometimes you get so fat that exercise is difficult but stopping hand to mouth disease can be done anytime. It is not a walk in the park when you are addicted to food.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Well you aren't going to get healthy without making changes or learning about food. Even the biggest go getters in life have weak points. You have to want to make the change. To quote Ned Flanders' dad, "We tried nothing and we are all out of ideas." It is hard to eat less and change habits but again it all comes back to discipline. Talk like "I tried a diet for two weeks and it did not work" or "I've tried all these diets and they don't work" is complete bull. If you are obese, you are lazy or losing weight is not a high enough priority for you. Yes sometimes you get so fat that exercise is difficult but stopping hand to mouth disease can be done anytime. It is not a walk in the park when you are addicted to food.

No doubt. Doesn't help people are basically trained from the time they are infants to associate food as a reward in the modern era. Special treats for special occasions. It's no wonder some use it like a drug. My secretary has been battling obesity for two years now. She was like that when she started and it's led to knee problems, elevated markers and every other thing you can think of. She's tried WW with no success. Was actually kind of perturbed when I explained their point system is just calorie restriction for people too ignorant to do it on their own. She's the grab a cob salad for lunch and dump 300 cal of ranch on it type that doesn't realize it's more calories than the burger she's trying to avoid. She also has the typical food hangups, doesn't eat certain veggies, won't try new things, raised on shake 'n bake because her mom didn't understand it either. At least twice a week she asks for advice but only has the willpower to stick to it for a day or two. She just left to go home and make tuna casserole. That's her idea of healthy dinner, because it has tuna in it. Consequently her adult children are all 40 BMI folks.

Dave :-)

• 6 months later...
Note: This thread is 3505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!