IGNORED

LPGA fan thread

Web Junky
Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

agreed ... the top women are hardly mediocre.    I think a better word would be boring.     The best women golfers are just ridiculously consistent - don't do anything flashy, just hit fairways and greens - they make it look too easy.

Tell ya what...next time you golf, tee it up from the Ladies tees, and see if You can shoot par or better. Let us know how that works out for you.

i had a sister play on the LPGA  for 25 yrs not boring at she made closr to 8 mil playing had about 10 hole in ones in tournaments boring naaaaaa fun to watch the girls play

I get a kick out of people calling their play mediocre. While you wont see many if any 200yard 7 irons. it is hardly mediocre. If 19 under is mediocre then sign me up.

Yeah 19 under isn't even in my vocabulary (on any course).

Of course it's not the level of the PGA Tour or Dot Com Tour, and probably not even a mini-tour but it's not supposed to be.

When I go to a college football game I am not seeing NFL quality of football but that doesn't stop me from enjoying watching them play. I admit that there is a point in athletics where the level of play is so weak that I don't care to watch it. For me the criteria is if there's nobody out there that can do things that I can't do I don't care to watch.

That's certainly not the case with the LPGA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I guess that's the reality. As others mentioned in this thread, I can relate to their club selection, and their "somewhat mediocre" level of playing.

Tell ya what...next time you golf, tee it up from the Ladies tees, and see if You can shoot par or better. Let us know how that works out for you.

I wasn't calling LPGA play mediocre.   I was quoting what Dave in FL said in his reply.   It was my way of being cynical to Dave's reply, in my mild manner.    I am not sure what you read into my reply.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And they are not really playing from our equivalent of forward tees either.  More like our middle tees at most public courses.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I wasn't calling LPGA play mediocre.   I was quoting what Dave in FL said in his reply.   It was my way of being cynical to Dave's reply, in my mild manner.    I am not sure what you read into my reply.

I read it as, you were saying the LPGA play is mediocre. if that's not the case, I take back my post with regards to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I read it as, you were saying the LPGA play is mediocre. if that's not the case, I take back my post with regards to you.

With proclaimed handicap of 17, I am no position to call any tour mediocre.  I think even D_in_FL said it in relative term, i.e, mediocre in comparison to other tours.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I'm betting most any of the "mediocre" LPGA tour players shown on tv can pretty much kick Dave in FL's a55 all day long, any day. Just sayin'

No need to think about it, I guarantee it....! :-)

That wasn't my point though.  I don't expect anyone to pay to come see my sorry ass play golf, unless it's purely for comic relief.  Nor do I expect people to tune in to watch me on TV.  If I'm going to pay to see someone play golf, or choose to watch it on TV, I'm going to have to be entertained.  I'm not entertained by watching someone hit a 7 iron 155 yards.  Or even shoot 69 playing a soft set-up 6,100 yard course.  Sorry, but when I'm evaluating the quality of golf in deciding where to spend my golf viewing time and money, that's mediocre compared to what I can see on the other 3 tours.

Apparently, most avid golf fans agree, because no one argues that LPGA tournament attendance and TV viewership is low.  Even reading through this thread, you'll find that most of the responses admit that they watch more because they enjoy looking at cute girls than they do watching the golf itself.  Those that enjoy the golf say that they like watching a game they can personally relate to.  Hell, I can go to the local muni or play with my buddies (a lot of whom also regularly kick my butt) and see that any day of the week, and I don't have to pay extra for the "privilege".

Nothing against the ladies, really.  But just because they're better than me, doesn't mean they're all that good, again, in comparison to the other professional golfers that are vying for my viewership, time, and money.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I am in no way taking sides here. I think the word "mediocre" was used loosely for lack of a better word and was not intended to be translated into its harshest connotation. LPGA play has been viewed by some as lackluster in comparison to men's play. That is to say it can seem less exciting. Personally I love it. And not just for the nice legs. Although I do love those legs! But I digress. The girls are..well...girls. They don't have the upper body strength in most cases as the guys. Because of this I rather think of it being what it is. A different league of play. Both being top shelf IMHO. Hey..you know what? It Is a different league! Go figure. The obvious just obviously reared its head. And we were making it so complicated.

I am in no way taking sides here. I think the word "mediocre" was used loosely for lack of a better word ..... .

Nah, I really did mean mediocre! :-D But again...... relative to the other professionals competing for my attention, time, and money.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

In the order of what I want to watch on TV ...

PGA with Tiger playing

PGA / LPGA <----

International competition (President's cup, US vs whoever)

Championship

US amateur competitions

European

Web.com

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

In the order of what I want to watch on TV ...

PGA with Tiger playing

PGA / LPGA <----

International competition (President's cup, US vs whoever)

Championship

US amateur competitions

European

Web.com

Great idea. I too think a list best illustrates this.

My preferences in order:

1) Majors + Players Championship

2) Ryder Cup, President's Cup, Solheim Cups, International Crown

3) Generic PGA tourneys with big names atop leaderboard

4) LPGA with cuties atop leaderboard

6) Celebrity golf tourneys

6) Spare PGA Tourneys with no big names

7) Big Break

9) College golf

10) LPGA with no nookie girls

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Great idea. I too think a list best illustrates this.

My preferences in order:

1) Majors + Players Championship

2) Ryder Cup, President's Cup, Solheim Cups, International Crown

3) Generic PGA tourneys with big names atop leaderboard

4) LPGA with cuties atop leaderboard

6) Celebrity golf tourneys

6) Spare PGA Tourneys with no big names

7) Big Break

9) College golf

10) LPGA with no nookie girls

Honestly mine would be:

1) Anytime Tiger is playing.

2) Everything else on TV that has to do with golf.

About 1): Truly wish it wasn't so but it is. Not a chance in the world I'm going out of my way to watch anything with Tiger not in it (or even recording it).

About 2): If I am at home and there's nothing better to do I'll watch almost anything, or at least have it on, and not pay a lot of attention to it unless something catches my interest.

• 2 weeks later...

I watch it. I love it. I got my reasons.......I didn't live in S. Korea for 6 years because of the food.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!