IGNORED

Golf Channel

oiler69
Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have sat tv now for 1st time ever....saved alot of money over the past 30 years!!  as for GC, it's in a higher cost package that I will NOT buy. I've watched GC @ my brothers house before, and was not impressed with it AT ALL. it's pay-for TV that isn't worth the money...sorta like most of this low-end sat tv,,utterly worthless. I'd rather read a good book about golf/golfers,of which there are many.

Golf Channel to me is worth the package for the weekend ALONE. It seems like almost every weekend there is at least one great tournament going on. This weekend both the PGA Tour and the European Tour have an amazing line up of players. Before I bought the package to get the golf channel I was going to the pub just to watch for a couple hours. Now I'm saving money because I can have a couple drinks and a snack at home ;-)

I personally don't watch too much on the weekdays, but I find School of Golf incredibly informative and its helped me out on more than just a few occasions.

• Upvote 1

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I agree that Tilgman doesn't bring much.  Don't enjoy her on TV.  And I agree with Spitfisher about Rishad.  Terrible fit.

I do like:

Charlie Rimer

Feherty

Sonders

Martin Hall

Hack

Gary is OK too.  He helps move things along.  I don't mind Chamblee as much as most do.

I'll agree with this .... with the exception that I can't stand Chamblee & love Breed.   Chamblee is the only guy that needs to be reeled in ... and sat out in the penalty box when he goes off the deep end like when Tiger didn't DQ himself last year after the signing card/drop incident - Chamblee's incessant whining about the whole scenario was the single most annoying piece of broadcasting I've ever watched !

PS - anybody know if Winn McMurray still works at TGC ?     I always thought she was always so amazingly underutilized for what she brought to the table ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I enjoyed TGC a lot more before they turned it into Holly Sonders Illustrated.  Now the channel has basically become an advertisement for silicone, bronzer, and miniskirts.

Golf claims to be a game of class, dignity, and respect but then you turn on the sport's flagship channel and see a model with makeup applied like spackling paste.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

I'll agree with this .... with the exception that I can't stand Chamblee & love Breed.   Chamblee is the only guy that needs to be reeled in ... and sat out in the penalty box when he goes off the deep end like when Tiger didn't DQ himself last year after the signing card/drop incident - Chamblee's incessant whining about the whole scenario was the single most annoying piece of broadcasting I've ever watched !

PS - anybody know if Winn McMurray still works at TGC ?     I always thought she was always so amazingly underutilized for what she brought to the table ...

I think Chamblee has been spending time in Arnold's penalty box as I have seen a lot less of him lately. Would not be surprised to see his contract not renewed.

I enjoyed TGC a lot more before they turned it into Holly Sonders Illustrated.  Now the channel has basically become an advertisement for silicone, bronzer, and miniskirts.

Golf claims to be a game of class, dignity, and respect but then you turn on the sport's flagship channel and see a model with makeup applied like spackling paste.

Really? Thankfully I believe you are in the minority. Holly does not have anymore time than the rest of the cast. Yes she is very beautiful but I never had a problem looking a beautiful women. Never associated them with lacking class,dignity or respect. Disrespect and lack of class is making comments about how she applies her makeup.

BTW I really admire Holly's willingness to take a club in hand on live TV and make golf shots. She made some really great ones in the Humana tournament last weekend. Also her Playing lessons with the pros she has shown that she really has some game. What's not to like?

BTW I really admire Holly's willingness to take a club in hand on live TV and make golf shots. She made some really great ones in the Humana tournament last weekend. Also her Playing lessons with the pros she has shown that she really has some game. What's not to like?

I agree with this, if Holly was just a complete hack trying to talk about golf, maybe I would have agreed with Clay. But I've seen her make her fair share of spectacular shots since watching the show. Much respect.

She does seem a bit...fake as far as natural skin color and boobs go...but

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I can't stand Rymer.  Not even a little bit.  From his presentation, to his fat face, to his stance, etc.  I don't even have any rational reason for it.

Maybe it was those horrible 'knucklehead' commercials they did for a while that kicked it off.  I really don't know.

Bill - 

I can't stand Rymer.  Not even a little bit.  From his presentation, to his fat face, to his stance, etc.  I don't even have any rational reason for it.

Maybe it was those horrible 'knucklehead' commercials they did for a while that kicked it off.  I really don't know.

I actually liked the"knuclehead" series. It made people aware of what they were doing that slowed play down for everyone. He was just role playing in that remember.

I actually liked the"knuclehead" series. It made people aware of what they were doing that slowed play down for everyone. He was just role playing in that remember.

the message was good.  the delivery was insulting and belittling to the audience.

YMMV

yeah, he was role playing, I already admit my reaction to him is not rational.  Most people are decent in person.

Bill - 

Absolutely agree.  Given her role on TGC, she could have done herself (and TGC) some damage had she played poorly.  Solid performance.

I bet she wishes that they hadn't trotted her up to the forward tees though.  With her game I suspect she would have been happy at the normal men's amateur tees.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Absolutely agree.  Given her role on TGC, she could have done herself (and TGC) some damage had she played poorly.  Solid performance.

I bet she wishes that they hadn't trotted her up to the forward tees though.  With her game I suspect she would have been happy at the normal men's amateur tees.

David nice that we agree on something! BTW the check is in the mail for the lawn you didn't mow! LOL!

Aside from a few obnoxious GC personalities I like pretty much everything they air. I get tired of the morning zoo cum GMA format they try to pull off with Morning Drive but no so much I don't watch. Really depends who is sitting at the desk. As irritating as Kuselias could be I preferred him to Damon Hack and some of the others. Some of the people the bring in seem puzzlingly random. Though in the time it took to type this I realized I have grown to dislike Feherty and his constant quipping attempts. He has a way of bringing it out in others.

Dave :-)

Couldn't agree more.

Ginella and Rymer are on my favorable list too.

Ginella: I have to think he has the best job at TGC.

Rymer: Doesn't take himself too seriously. He also won't go out bashing people who have achieved more than him on tour. (*I'm looking at you, Chamblee*)

Breed is ok at times, and so is Martin Hall.

I always enjoy when they have Brad Faxon and John Cook on.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

AMEN! to: "model with makeup applied like spackling paste", bronzer, boobs comment.

I simply can't stand to have Morning Drive on my set.

I can take Charlie, he is what he is and makes no effort to be anything else.

I'd like to see Jeff Rude back

Breed...not my cup of tee, but a channel can't be all things to all people. (but what's with the friggin yelling all the time?"

Chamblee....knows more about golf than everybody else on the network (excepting Nobilo) combined. Rubs some the wrong way but they can almost never point to anything he's wrong about and typically hated TW apologist.

School of Golf......keep it, won't be on my TV but, again, not everything is going to be golden.

Tripp..... sort of goofy, maybe a Charlie Rhymer without the accent.

Chamblee, typically hated BY TW apologists..............sorry I need to proofread.

I love Feherty, but admit that I must carefully manage the dosage.

Speaking of Feherty, who would you like to see him feature? Some that come to my mind are: Laura Davies, Peter Thompson, Sam Torrance, Bill Murray and Darren Clarke.

Have no issues with Holly ........ she can play and that is better than most of the eye candy on the other networks.

It is worth while to subscribe to GC just for the European coverage alone. Commentators are great, nice to see a variety of different courses and coverage starts at 5:00 to 6:00am here in BC so I get to watch some golf before my morning round.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/golf/golf-channel-host-holly-sonders-combines-golf-skil/nczWS/

This video clip will probably just further polarize the debate about Miss Sonders.

I noticed she does admit to having a fake lower tooth from a sports injury.

Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!