IGNORED

Aimpoint lesson - EXPRESS READ or MIDPOINT READ?

saenar
Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All

I searched the forum but don't find this topic anywhere.

I will have an opportunity to take an aimpoint lesson in my area.

The class is offered either EXPRESS or MIDPOINT read.

My understanding is that

EXPRESS - less expensive, more simple, no Chart required! (big plus) but still accurate

MIDPOINT - more expensive, very technical, involve chart but super accurate

For all the aimpointer out there, what class I should take?

Can I learn the midpoint and apply to express or vice versa?

I know using the chart is not illegal or cheated but it will be way cooler to be able to putt without looking at the chart.

I was even think about trying to memorize it LOL...

Thank you for all your advice here.

Saenar

I didn't realize there were 2 types of aimpoint classes. @iacas is very knowledgeable and I think he might be certified. He could probably answer. I just wish they put one on closer to me!!

- Jered

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Go Midpoint.

I believe the express read was invented to help teach kids aimpoint.

With midpoint knowledge, you can learn the express read in like 10 minutes.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Thanks for all inputs guys. I will probably check the midpoint out then. Hope to understand some basic with express read though. Do you think it can be self learned? Or need another class?

Thanks for all inputs guys.

I will probably check the midpoint out then.

Hope to understand some basic with express read though. Do you think it can be self learned? Or need another class?

The midpoint read is more accurate and already takes hardly any time at all.  (A little bit of practice and you will be able to get your read in 10-15 seconds)  Don't even worry about the express read. :)

• Upvote 1

I took the full read class (back at the beginning before Midpoint was created) and then Midpoint after that was added and Midpoint is useful with or without a chart anyway.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Please tell us @saenar how you liked the class after you take it.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 year later...

I have my Aimpoint Express lesson with Joe Hallett on April 10th.  He teaches at Vanderbilt Legends Golf Club in Franklin TN.  He instructs some LPGA players including Stacy Lewis and Julie Inkster.  I hope I don't have to wear a skirt after the lesson!!!

Todd

Driver:  Cobra ZL Encore 9.5*

Woods:  Cobra AMP Fairway Adjustable 3-4W

Irons: Callaway XRPro S300 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, AW

Wedges:  Cobra Trusty Rusty - 53*, 57* / Callaway Mack Daddy PM - 60*, 64*

Putter: SeeMore SB2

Golf Ball:  Callaway SuperSoft

Yes, I carry 6 wedges, what are you gonna do about it?

• Administrator

I have my Aimpoint Express lesson with Joe Hallett on April 10th.  He teaches at Vanderbilt Legends Golf Club in Franklin TN.  He instructs some LPGA players including Stacy Lewis and Julie Inkster.  I hope I don't have to wear a skirt after the lesson!!!

Joe's a good guy. You should have a good time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Erik,

You were right, Joe is a great guy and we had so much fun!!  I kinda had developed my own version of aimpoint that I humbly had given the moniker of "toddpoint".  I had tried to watch players do it, read a little here and there and come up with my own version.  The clinic was well worth it.  It tidied up the items I wasn't very sure about and just was guessing on how to do them.  If a person is wondering if it works, I can assure you it does.  We had three people in our mini clinic.  It really worked nicely because I have played golf for around 30 years, another has played for over 50 years, and the last has played less than a year.  We each were at very differing skill levels.  Within 30 minutes we each saw a great increase in makes and a decrease in the length of our leaves.  After the lesson, as we walked back to the teaching center, we passed a green on the course that had no one coming up the fairway.  Joe said lets have a little test, not on a practice green, but the real deal.  He picked a spot on the front of the green, a good 40' from the pin.  Let us get our read, and give it a go.  Had about 12' of break.  Previously, I would have never played it that wide and would have been woefully short and below the hole.  With aimpoint express, I burnt the edge and left about 8 inches.  I think I can live with those kind of results.  I haven't been able to get back to my course since the lesson but I am finding myself reading the slope of everything I walk on, and even testing myself with a digital level.

Todd

Driver:  Cobra ZL Encore 9.5*

Woods:  Cobra AMP Fairway Adjustable 3-4W

Irons: Callaway XRPro S300 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, AW

Wedges:  Cobra Trusty Rusty - 53*, 57* / Callaway Mack Daddy PM - 60*, 64*

Putter: SeeMore SB2

Golf Ball:  Callaway SuperSoft

Yes, I carry 6 wedges, what are you gonna do about it?

To the OP, I've taken both classes and use Express. I believe it is easier. With long putts, you do use some midpoint reads without the charts. I am the type that would be tethered to a chart if I used midpoint, so Express allows you freedom without a chart and make easy compensation for speed changes during the day.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!