IGNORED

How many of you live in an area with cold winters?

Paiste
Note: This thread is 3724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK - so I was in Mesquite, NV & UT last week for my winter get away golf trip & it barely got into the low 40's.    Wind was brutal - some of the worst winds I've ever tried to play golf in.    None of us had clothes with us to play in those kind of temperatures - scenery made it worth it though.     Played amazingly well considering we had about 4 layers of shirts on & only summer golf pants... will know better to bring corduroy's next time.

PS - I now know why the name of the town where the above course resides is called HURRICANE, UT !!!!!!!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to, moved out of Maine in 2006.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I know you are asking about people living in areas with cold winters, it is appropriate then that I say that I live Saudi Arabia with 365 days a year golfing opportunities. Down side is that there are only two championship courses and one executive course and one par 3 course, so the choices are limited.. Oh well, still better than cold right?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Massachusetts here. Supposed to be a foot of snow tomorrow. I suppose it beats Canada and parts of the midwest though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Although I grew up in Minnesota, the coldest winters I've experienced were when I lived in Great Falls, Montana.  It usually hit -30°F at some time during the winter, and I saw it go as low as -45°.  Two week stretch when the highest temperature we saw was 0.  It can be brutal on cars parked outside.  It was the norm to see electrical plugs sticking out of the grill to hook up an engine heater.  I lived there from 1964-1973.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I live in Northern Kentucky, 5 min South of the ohio river. we had Snow Ice Rain Blizzard Tornado and a tsunami, that was just in the last 48hrs. But on a real note the weather is so crazy here, My brother and father in law golfed on New years day. then the next day we had 3 inches of snow! Tonight were suppose to get a ice Storm and possibly 3-5 inches of snow. YaY for global warming.

Driver: R11s - 3wood: RBZ - MIzuno 2 iron - rons: taylormade burner 2.0 4-pw - 63 degree: nike VR Forged - 52 Degree: nike VR Forged - 60 degree: callaway - Putter: odyssey white ice 2 ball I'm going to qualify for the U.S. Open and kick your boyfriend's ass. Whatever you think of me, you should know he hates old people, children, and dogs. Roy McAvoy.

Massachusetts here. Supposed to be a foot of snow tomorrow.

I suppose it beats Canada and parts of the midwest though.

That's a common misconception. Massachusetts normally gets the same winter weather as where I'm from in Canada. Not all of Canada is a frozen tundra like so many Americans think. lol!! Half of America is just as cold or even colder in some spots than the most populated areas of Canada. Anyways, I'm not saying that you think that. It's just that this winter, for many areas in Canada and the U.S. has been especially brutal which is going to make this years golf season even sweeter. Especially because I've been taking lessons with video analysis all winter and my swing has improved 10 fold. Can't wait to get on a course with my buddies and show the improvements....................hopefully!!! lol! It's all about trusting the swing I guess.

A couple of falls ago, we had a hurricane left over come out of the gulf and run into a front coming out of Canada. The result was 70 mph straight line winds that knocked a lot of us (at least in Dayton, OH) off the grid for a couple of weeks. Fortunately it was early September, so the temps weren't bad at all. Gave the backyard grill a good workout.

Small world, I grew up in Greenville

I live in Northern Kentucky, 5 min South of the ohio river.

But on a real note the weather is so crazy here, My brother and father in law golfed on New years day. then the next day we had 3 inches of snow!

Tonight were suppose to get a ice Storm and possibly 3-5 inches of snow.

YaY for global warming.

We get that regularly in Colorado.  Not only can we have those two days, but the third day the snow will be gone and we'll be playing golf again.  A few years ago we had a storm in early March that dumped 18 inches on Monday, and we were playing golf on an almost clear course on Friday.  Fortunately we had those 3 days in between for my body to recover from shoveling the driveway 3 times during the storm. :surrender:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

No snow here in Ireland and it hasn't went below freezing all winter.... but believe me, it ain't pretty all the same! We don't get extreme weather, just lots and lots of rain and wind. Summers can be quite nice... They usually last about a week and they come around every second year :) :(

South Dakota, Winter:(  Well we have had -60 we have missed school do to cold. One of the coldest winters ever here.

In my :cobra: Bio Bag ~Tyler Westra~
:cobra: Bio Cell Driver 10.5 Draw/Stiff
:cobra: S3 E9 face technology Irons 5-GW/Regular
:cobra: Amp Cell 3-4 Hybrid/Stiff
:mizuno: MP-T4 Wedges 55, 62
:scotty_cameron: Del Mar (With two 20g weights) Cut about 34 in. (SuperStroke Grip 5.0)
:bushnell: Tournament series Pro 1600 Rangefinder
Puma Shoes (Red&Black) (Red&White) (Size 11)

Pretty cold in New Brunswick this winter. We had a ton of snow in December but January wasn't bad. I don't mind -5 but -15 to -20 is brutal. I'm hoping that February goes by quickly and things start to warm up quickly in March.

Will W

Note: This thread is 3724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!