IGNORED

Preferred Lies (@ Honda Classic and elsewhere)

impactswing
Note: This thread is 3685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The average player plays on a course that would have huge areas marked GUR if any usga level event got played there

Im in Sfl

Lcp is the norm

I see lots of local pro events

Club events

Money games

Its almost all Lcp

Including usga Qs I play in

Man you see to know more about golf than anyone! Teach me PLEASE! I'd love to see your MySwing thread so that I can learn how to get to Zero.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit a driver 260+

Hit 60% fways

Hit 66% greens

3 putt less than 5% of greens

Get a short game

Scratch is no big deal

Yes, do all that without touching the ball except to tee it up, mark it on the green, and retrieve it from the hole. Then you're golden.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

It's not cheating, in SFL preferred lies are the norm.

Most of SFL was built on reclaimed swamp land

So pro events in SFL are usually LCP just lije honda was today

Most money games in SFL are LCP

So its the norm

Not cheating

Its y the pga is doing what I said is the norm in SFL

Wow! You sure mention SFL a lot.

Newsflash: Bad fairway conditions are not exclusive to South Florida.

You are a cheater when you employ LCP all the time as you said you do. You said "knowledgeable" players almost always get free drops. You are wrong. This is not a matter of opinion, but fact.

I think

@impactswing doesn't

understand the

difference between the

pros using LCP and

when he says

he plays LCP

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played in money games all over the country, and most use preferred lies, since most courses have too much play and fairways are beat up. Now that Im in Sfl fulltime, and I play everyday, and Im in lots of money games, I use Lcp most rounds. Thats the norm in Sfl Bad fairways are also the norm around any course getting 150/200 rounds a day The fact is, most amateurs dont know how to look at a lie and determine its a free drop or if they should b getting Lcp Thats my opinion When I started playing I was play it down, then playing lots of money games with strong golfers, playing with pros, I saw how they virw most courses They say to the people they play with, Im in a rough area where carts have made it abnormal, I think Im entitled to drop, go ahead Pard u usually respond. A guy says play it down, ok, then its on, like the Seve thing when he asked to replace a balata ball and the guy said no, so u want to play like that? Ok I can hit shots down, on tees, out of rough, on my knees, where ever. But my opinion is, most golfers dont know how to look at bad course conditions and determine if they get relief Thats my opinion

If nothing else,there is brilliant wanna-be haiku in this thread.

@imsys0042 ,  I only count 16 syllables.  Add an "a" between is and brilliant.

If nothing else,there

is a brilliant wanna-be

haiku in this thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Look at all the cheaters on tour All doing lift clean and place Lol It's SFL, it's the norm Now you can place approach shots like a tee shot so the ball is perfectly positioned to compress properly If you are on a fringe you get to set ball like you do on a green so it rolls best Expect some low numbers

Is brilliant 2 or 3 syllables?!

Depends on where you live. If you live in SFL, your throat is probably so waterlogged, you sound different.

—Adam

Here he goes again

Being the troll that he is

Shows his ignorance

http://thesandtrap.com/t/72779/preferred-lies-again-day-2-honda#post_956002

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Did someone get on his case about preferred lies or something in the past? Even so, starting a bunch of threads and recycling the same material is not going to endear him to anyone. His posts do kind of sound like they are generated by a random grievance-o-matic.

—Adam

Like I said, playing in larger money games with lots of pros a few times a week The norm is LCP Now why would I play it down when everyone is rolling it Just watch the honda today 2nd day in a row Lcp Its the norm in Sfl

Did someone get on his case about preferred lies or something in the past?

Even so, starting a bunch of threads and recycling the same material is not going to endear him to anyone. His posts do kind of sound like they are generated by a random grievance-o-matic.

Yes, in the rules thread.  He claims the Prso do it all the time, so he does in all the time.  This is not in line with the rules of golf.  If he keeps a handicap by always playing preferred lies or LCP, then his handicap is invalid.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!