IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--jameis-winston-to-declare-for-nfl-draft-following-this-season-162645808.html

Yep, he's screwed up college enough, might as well jump ship.

There's a lot of time for things to change, but that looks like it will be the smart thing to do. Regardless of the scandals, his draft stock probably can't get any better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow. Anybody else think that Winston was premature in the announcement? There seems like a lot of real downside to with his lofty opinion of himself.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Wow. Anybody else think that Winston was premature in the announcement? There seems like a lot of real downside to with his lofty opinion of himself.

Many pre-2015 NFL Draft boards has him as the 2nd QB on the board. Does it matter being number 1 QB. I am not sure he can improve his stock even more. Also, does he smell the fire from all this stuff he has caused. Maybe he knows he might end up getting suspended. Is it a bit early to announce, maybe. I don't think it matters much. I think his team knew there was a good shot he was leaving after this year. I doubt this will cause any trouble with team chemistry. If it doesn't, then there really isn't any bad time to announce it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Many pre-2015 NFL Draft boards has him as the 2nd QB on the board. Does it matter being number 1 QB. I am not sure he can improve his stock even more. Also, does he smell the fire from all this stuff he has caused. Maybe he knows he might end up getting suspended. Is it a bit early to announce, maybe. I don't think it matters much. I think his team knew there was a good shot he was leaving after this year. I doubt this will cause any trouble with team chemistry. If it doesn't, then there really isn't any bad time to announce it.

More importantly ... he didn't announce anything.

More importantly ... he didn't announce anything.

We know he did. He's stupid enough to be the actual source to that article. :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Oh come on, going into that game Texas A&M; had the 71st ranked total defense and 47th ranked scoring defense.

Seriously they looked completely over matched in terms of athletes on defense. Their D-line looked small, their DB's looked small. it was a total mismatch. Like any sport, match ups are a big thing. I wasn't shocked that Texas A&M; laid an egg in that game. They came out guns a blazing for one game, against a poor South Carolina team (compared to the past 3 years). Since then they haven't looked good at all.

Heck Texas A&M; got completely ran over by Arkasnas when they played them. By run over I meant all Arkansas had to do was run the ball, even though their defense couldn't hold up for the win. I bet Alabama saw that tape and was just getting all pumped up to run the ball against Texas A&M.;

No way Alabama is a number 1 team in the nation. They looked way less complete of a team as compared to,

Miss St.

FSU

ND

Ole Miss

Even with ND's loss, I don't think they should be behind Alabama. These 4 really have separated themselves a bit from those bellow them. Heck It was basically Johnny Football who beat Alabama. They put up the stat, in the games versus Alabama, Johnny accounted for 50% of the rushing yards. Their current QB only accounts for 5-10%. They haven't figured a way to make up 40% of the rushing that Johnny did. That is a lot of Offense gone.

Texas A&M; is just a bad team right now.

I agree.

Was blown away by the score. Was actually waiting for this, but they sort of hung with Miss St and ole Miss after getting their doors blown off in the first half, but the Tide kept on coming, A&M; is good if its offense stays on the field and they can run. If they cannot run...

A&M; is a bad team at the moment.

It is a young, athletic, undisciplined, lacking detailed skills team that has deteriorated with each game. Had friends that even went to the cupcake blowouts and they were not impressed. The coaching this year, coaching up a young team and getting their egos in check, is below average.

But they are irrelevant this year in terms of the playoff.

I just thought the days of 59-0 were behind us for a time.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

On any given day any team in the sec can beat any other team in the sec. I know it has become cliche' to say, but it is also true.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

On any given day any team in the sec can beat any other team in the sec. I know it has become cliche' to say, but it is also true.

That is true but it will also bite them in the tail come playoff time.    As it stands now, 3 teams from the SEC west are in the top 4 of both the AP and Coaches polls.   Clearly, those polls will change over the next few weeks as those teams are forced to play each other....

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Duh, that is the same for every conference and every game. Look at 2007, UCLA beats USC to knock them out of the NC title picture. It happens all the time, it's called an upset, nothing new. I like how the SEC likes to take something that happens all the time and tries to paint it as something special.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

That is true but it will also bite them in the tail come playoff time.    As it stands now, 3 teams from the SEC west are in the top 4 of both the AP and Coaches polls.   Clearly, those polls will change over the next few weeks as those teams are forced to play each other....

Polls Schmolls. ;-)

I think at this time last year Auburn had just entered the "polls".

The teams in the top 5 could easily have one more loss and two more losses wouldn't surprise me.

Duh, that is the same for every conference and every game.

Look at 2007, UCLA beats USC to knock them out of the NC title picture.

It happens all the time, it's called an upset, nothing new. I like how the SEC likes to take something that happens all the time and tries to paint it as something special.

And I like how your obvious hatred of the SEC is borderline ridiculous.

Polls Schmolls. ;-) I think at this time last year Auburn had just entered the "polls". The teams in the top 5 could easily have one more loss and two more losses wouldn't surprise me. And I like how your obvious hatred of the SEC is borderline ridiculous.

What, i never said the SEC wasn't the best, or you are all delusional fans. I mean stop with the inferiority complex already man :-P If the SEC is so big and bad why do they get up in a fit when anyone talks anything bad about them. At least at arrogant enough to match how well you guys have been dominating the past decade. It gets annoying all the crying I hear from the best, booh hoo. If the big ten had that domination I would be snubbing all other conferences any chance I get. :-D All I said was that it's stupid to state on any given week any SEC team can beat another. Well except for Arkansas last year, I think they went winless in conference play. Totally blows that logic out of the water, oops. Still, it's stupid because any team has a shot to beat any team. If that logic wasn't true then there would never be an upset right. I'm mean, use that SEC intelligence a bit. That kinda statement is one were you just stare at the person and say, "well duh".

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

What, i never said the SEC wasn't the best, or you are all delusional fans. I mean stop with the inferiority complex already man

If the SEC is so big and bad why do they get up in a fit when anyone talks anything bad about them. At least at arrogant enough to match how well you guys have been dominating the past decade. It gets annoying all the crying I hear from the best, booh hoo. If the big ten had that domination I would be snubbing all other conferences any chance I get.

All I said was that it's stupid to state on any given week any SEC team can beat another. Well except for Arkansas last year, I think they went winless in conference play. Totally blows that logic out of the water, oops. Still, it's stupid because any team has a shot to beat any team. If that logic wasn't true then there would never be an upset right. I'm mean, use that SEC intelligence a bit. That kinda statement is one were you just stare at the person and say, "well duh".

Hell I don't think Alabama is anywhere near a top 10 team and I'm an Alabama fan. Even at this point I think both Mississippi schools could lose 2 games. I think there is every possibility that any of the one loss teams could beat any of the SEC teams (including the ones from your beloved Big 10). The polls don't mean diddly squat so why are you so wound up about it?

You can barely make a post without a jab at the SEC in some way so just take a deep breath and own it.

Hell I don't think Alabama is anywhere near a top 10 team and I'm an Alabama fan. Even at this point I think both Mississippi schools could lose 2 games. I think there is every possibility that any of the one loss teams could beat any of the SEC teams (including the ones from your beloved Big 10). The polls don't mean diddly squat so why are you so wound up about it? You can barely make a post without a jab at the SEC in some way so just take a deep breath and own it.

What, I only said Alabama shouldn't be in the top 5, maybe 5th at best. Yea, I pretty much root for the demise of any SEC team. Though I was hoping someway no one would win last years NC game. I despise FSU. I really couldn't root for anyone in that game :-( Anyways, it's just fun to take jabs because I know SEC fans go all ape crazy when ever someone dares speak heresy against them. Of course they can, they have in the past. Like a say, a "duh" comment. Heck if you were a PAC12 fan I would say DUH. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

What, I only said Alabama shouldn't be in the top 5, maybe 5th at best. Yea, I pretty much root for the demise of any SEC team. Though I was hoping someway no one would win last years NC game. I despise FSU. I really couldn't root for anyone in that game

Anyways, it's just fun to take jabs because I know SEC fans go all ape crazy when ever someone dares speak heresy against them.

Of course they can, they have in the past. Like a say, a "duh" comment. Heck if you were a PAC12 fan I would say DUH.

Right, it's true for all of the conferences.  I didn't even take what you said as a jab, just, as you also said, as a "duh."

Throw out the 2 worst teams in the SEC (Vanderbilt and Arkansas) and you have a whopping two losses out of conference (vs. Indiana and Oklahoma).  But do the same thing for the Pac-12 (Colorado and Washington State) and the exact same thing is true (vs. Notre Dame and Boston College)

What does it all mean??  Basically nothing as far as I'm concerned.  It's all going to work itself out in the end, one way or the other, anyway.

Speaking of that ... when does the first set of playoff committee rankings come out?

In reverence to the third week in October I had to watch this (again). This guy cracks me up because he's actually serious.

BTW I like Tennessee just fine (except this week).

LoL @saevel25, I didnt mention a conference outside the SEC as a jab. Glad you got it. It must be a sensitive personal area, like that imaginary girlfriend Notre Dame brought with them to the Championship game with Bama. ND has 8 championships I believe, more than any other school besides Bama. They just havent been seen with a trophy in so long I didnt think including them was fair. I would like a better competition across the country though. It would make the games more exciting.

Tom R.

LoL @saevel25, I didnt mention a conference outside the SEC as a jab. Glad you got it. It must be a sensitive personal area, like that imaginary girlfriend Notre Dame brought with them to the Championship game with Bama. ND has 8 championships I believe, more than any other school besides Bama. They just havent been seen with a trophy in so long I didnt think including them was fair.

I would like a better competition across the country though. It would make the games more exciting.

1988 for ND, that isn't too bad :whistle: . Though I do say that Kelly has them tracking in the right direction. If it wasn't for Winston going all super-QB on them, they would have easily won that game the other day. Some of those throws Winston made while a blitzer was a half a step from smashing him were just crazy good.

I agree, I would like to see the conferences get closer together in terms of strength. It is tough regionally because of the population shift to the south. One of the reasons the Big Ten moved east is to get the more exposure to the bigger urban centers near NYC and the DC area. If they can start building more of a Big Ten fan base there, it will be easier to keep those kids in Big Ten Schools.

Really most people don't like to move away from home. It is hard to drag a kid thousands of miles away from their family. For schools like OSU it shouldn't be a problem too much because of their brand. For schools like Indiana and Northwestern, it is very hard to.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Speaking of that ... when does the first set of playoff committee rankings come out?

Excellent question sir!  The answer is ... next week! :beer:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11736356/college-football-playoff-committee-starts-work-air-mystery

Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!