IGNORED

Get Off the Darn Range and Go Play Golf

iacas
Note: This thread is 3223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just spent the winter playing too much golf. I'm planning on hitting the driving range and a hitting net at least 50% of the time.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the necro, but just an excellent post!

After a poor performance following great confidence from my practices lately, I was debating on "envisioning" imaginary targets at the range, with this area being a tree line and that spot being a gulley off the green and couldn't wait to iron things out.

The truth is what you say. Golf cannot be played at the range. You really can't learn to "scramble" in practice.

From now on the range is just where my tools get sharpened, not where I fix my score.

This thread is 100% me. I spend way too much time on the range. I'm moving to Florida in August and plan to play much more and tone down the range time.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I am working from 8am till 7pm - living in the middle of Hamburg doesn't make life easier. I need to drive 45 minutes to get to my golf club. Therefore I try to hit the range 3-4/week at a more local club (range is great, the course is really bad and not worth the money). I have to pay extra range fee for that. Do you think it might be worth driving to my club 1-2/week and play a round of golf instead?

I just spent the winter playing too much golf. I'm planning on hitting the driving range and a hitting net at least 50% of the time.

Finally started hitting balls at the range. I have to admit that my accuracy hitting approach shots improved quite a bit once I started doing this. Planning on playing no more than 3-4 times a week along with a balanced practice/play schedule.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I've been having a hard time getting to range lately, it's been all golf when I can get out, and it's costing me, so my thoughts right now are "Get off the darn course and get to the range"

It's so hard though with little time, it's all about time, and I don't have enough to get better.

Note: This thread is 3223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!