IGNORED

chris15
Note: This thread is 3674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys.

My name is Chris. I am relatively new to the sport. I have been playing sporadically throughout the Spinrg/Summer for the past 3 years. I am tired of being absolutely awful. Decided that this Spring I will take it more seriously (and be less dreadful). Good or no good, still love being out on the course with the old man or friends.

I look forward to being a member of the community.

Sincerely:

Chris

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of good info around here.

And the conversation gets quite lively at times, too!

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi @chris15

Welcome to The Sand Trap. A lot of us came here in the same situation as you and we have all gotten better from the great advice and help on this forum.

I'd suggest looking through this thread for drills and tips that can help you right away:

And these threads will pay immediate dividends:

And here are the two threads that did the most for me getting started:

Once you've gotten a handle on all that information, you should consider starting a My Swing thread. Once you're ready to start a My Swing thread, be sure to read the rules at the top of the sub-forum before creating the thread.

Have fun and good luck!

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Welcome, about how often do you play? I've been getting out a lot this year once the snow melted and it's helped me get more comfortable out there. My course offered a cheap membership where I could play unlimited afternoon golf and unlimited range, so I grabbed it. If you're planning on playing more than 20 rounds this year, often it's worth checking if your courses offer it because you'll save money and play more golf if you can get out a lot. Practice especially gets expensive, at 5$ a bucket I paid for a 300$ unlimited key and it paid for itself the first month. You should also see what the lesson rates are, generally they offer packages. And of course, use the resources on here because they can help a lot.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

In years past, I have played very inconsistently. This year, I would like to try and get out once a week.

That will help.

This year I got my average rounds up from 1.25 to 2 a week - the best and most fun way to improve.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Note: This thread is 3674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!