IGNORED

Symetra Tour Catch-All Thread

RandallT
Note: This thread is 3084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mallory playing for a Symetra Tour victory today. She has a one stroke lead on the back nine of the final round today. Good luck, Mallory!! http://www.symetrascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx Emily Talley only 2 back of Mallory and has a shot.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

This Big Break season, it dawned on me that most of the best women big-breakers play on the Symetra Tour. This year, I've actually enjoy watching them compete here on this tour after their time on Big Break is over. Symetra Tour is kinda like the real-life Big Break, and win-or-lose on the show, they've gotta make it on Symetra if they truly expect to make it on the LPGA. Anyone can win Big Break (well, not really, but you get the point), but you've gotta prove it day in and day out, if you really want to advance up.

This week's tourney is in Sarasota. Leaderboard here:

http://www.symetrascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx#

Snapshot here:

T3

ALVAREZ, Anya

F

T6

TALLEY, Emily

E

F

E

T6

STOELTING, Jackie

E

5*

E

T6

WOODS, Cheyenne

E

4*

E

T6

PARKS, Sadena

E

E

T31

FISH, Shannon

+1

+1

T71

COLLINS, Taylor

+3

F

+3

T82

KENOYER, Stefanie

+4

F

+4

T82

BLACKWELDER, Mallory

+4

+4

T105

O'NEAL, Blair

+6

F

+6

T122

SKIDMORE, Renee

+8

F

+8

I added Cheyenne Woods, just for fun.

Are there any other Big Breakers this week?  I've only followed the last 3 or 4 Big Breaks, so I'm not even familiar with Blair O'Neal or Anya Alvarez.

If we have any general comments on the Symetra Tour in general or its weekly tourneys, we can use this thread.

Biggest surprise there is Emily Talley - from watching the Big Break NFL  she was on ... I thought she was one of hte weakest players.    From watching this seasons Big Break, I wouldn't have thought Jackie was as good as she is on the Symetra Tour.     I'm pleasantly surprised Mallory is ranked so high ... liked her & would love to see her on LPGA one day !!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Biggest surprise there is Emily Talley - from watching the Big Break NFL  she was on ... I thought she was one of hte weakest players.    From watching this seasons Big Break, I wouldn't have thought Jackie was as good as she is on the Symetra Tour.     I'm pleasantly surprised Mallory is ranked so high ... liked her & would love to see her on LPGA one day !!

I seem to remember some trash talk with Shannon saying she thought she was the top female in BB NFL- or maybe it was Bryan claiming that. Well, so far this season, Emily, Mallory, and Jackie are the top BBers on Symetra. It's still early and it takes one good finish to vault up the money leaders, so anything can still happen.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• 1 month later...
So, the Symetra Tour is coming to Albany in a week and I was informed today that I'll be caddying for Min Seo Kwak. Apparently she's the top money winner this season so far this season. http://www.symetratour.com/golf/players/k/min-seo-kwak.aspx Considering I've never caddied before, no pressure, right? Haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

So, the Symetra Tour is coming to Albany in a week and I was informed today that I'll be caddying for Min Seo Kwak.

Apparently she's the top money winner this season so far this season.

http://www.symetratour.com/golf/players/k/min-seo-kwak.aspx

Considering I've never caddied before, no pressure, right? Haha.

No kidding...Congratz, hope you have a great time out there.

So, the Symetra Tour is coming to Albany in a week and I was informed today that I'll be caddying for Min Seo Kwak.

Apparently she's the top money winner this season so far this season.

http://www.symetratour.com/golf/players/k/min-seo-kwak.aspx

Considering I've never caddied before, no pressure, right? Haha.

Awesome and Good Luck!

Capitol Hills is one of my favorite courses in our area and my son and I will be out there in the gallery on Saturday or Sunday. I always enjoy watching the ladies play!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Awesome and Good Luck! Capitol Hills is one of my favorite courses in our area and my son and I will be out there in the gallery on Saturday or Sunday. I always enjoy watching the ladies play!

Well, if you see a clueless dude standing by Min Seo Kwak, that will likely be me! I'm also hosting Laura Kueny, another player, at the house. She arrived today and seems very nice.

Christian

Well, if you see a clueless dude standing by Min Seo Kwak, that will likely be me! I'm also hosting Laura Kueny, another player, at the house. She arrived today and seems very nice.

Very cool!! Good luck. I'm still pulling for some of the Big Breakers on tour though. I see Sadena Parks moved into contention with a good performance finally. I think that's 4 BBers near the top 10 to get an LPGA card: Jackie, Mallory, Emily, Sadena. I like a gal name Therese Koelbeck, but she hasn't had a breakthrough week yet. She's had the lead a couple times but then dropped way back in the final round. Anyway, hope you have a great experience.

My Swing

• Administrator

At the informational meeting.

Here's the top...uhh 9.

Wow, I know they operate on a pretty small budget, but that's sad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The missing person at #8 is Brittany Altomare. Maybe a fan stole her placard, or more likely the wind blew it off! But yes, a far cry from the big yellow Open Championship board :)

My Swing

[quote name="RandallT" url="/t/74105/symetra-tour-catch-all-thread/0_100#post_1025338"] The missing person at #8 is Brittany Altomare. Maybe a fan stole her placard, or more likely the wind blew it off! But yes, a far cry from the big yellow Open Championship board :)[/quote] Yeah, the prize pool is $100,000 & I believe first place takes home $15,000. I also found out that making the cut doesn't necessarily mean the player wings back the entry fee. That was a bit surprising.

Christian

Yeah, the prize pool is $100,000 & I believe first place takes home $15,000. I also found out that making the cut doesn't necessarily mean the player wings back the entry fee. That was a bit surprising.

Yah winner on a $100,000 purse gets less than $20k and you are only guaranteed like $350 or so if you make the cut. Quite a lot of players who make the cut earn less than $1000. Doesn't pay for living costs at all. Most weeks on Symetra are 100k purses, but a couple are 150k or 200k I think, so those purses scale up I'm sure. Still not a lot. Gotta get that Volvik Race to the Card top 10 to make LPGA.

My Swing

Got this email today. I spoke with the coordinator who said there's a players event he's going to tonight and will speak to some of the players to see if I can caddy for one of them and will let me know tomorrow. Doubt it will happen. I'm disappointed as I took off work Friday and Monday because of this event. If this doesn't happen, I'll probably just go to work and use the days another time. On the plus side, I did stop and introduce myself to Jackie Stoetling who was walking by as I was leaving. :-D

Christian

So, Laura Kueny is staying at my place this week and she had the first tee time of the day at 7:30 so I decided to wake up early and cheer her on. Through four holes she's pared every hole. Also in this group is Big Breaker Stephanie Kenoyer who is +1 after 4. It's funny because the unofficial scorer is letting me ride in his cart and is a huge Kenoyer fanboy.

Christian

Don't distract Stephanie, but I saw her in a Chico's commercial with a short- haired blond woman with a nice swing. I wondered if she was on LPGA, Symetra, or just a model who had a nice swing. Was a fun commercial, and I bet Stephanie made more money from that than Symetra tour winnings :). Have fun, man!

My Swing

Don't distract Stephanie, but I saw her in a Chico's commercial with a short- haired blond woman with a nice swing. I wondered if she was on LPGA, Symetra, or just a model who had a nice swing. Was a fun commercial, and I bet Stephanie made more money from that than Symetra tour winnings :). Have fun, man!

Kenoyer just bogeyed again and is +2. Seems like she took an Aimpoint class. Kueny just missed an 8 foot birdie putt and remains even through 5.

Christian

Yah Stephanie has played poorly this year, and I'm curious if she looks energized or dispirited. I'd think that week after week of not competing well on Symetra would get a person down. Good luck to Laura!

My Swing

Note: This thread is 3084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!